Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prima Guide

Does anyone know when the prima guide will be released? Before or after the game? I only ask because the amazon listing is saying something like the 6th tof January. If this is the case then I will be cancelling my preorder. Thankyou.
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    With Prima guides it's tricky to believe in what they say. Last year, Prima had announced that they would be releasing a compilation guide to all of the last few EP's for Sims 3 around last Christmas. I had looked for this guide, and even asked the store clerks at the stores that I knew would stocked the guide. And none of them have seen any come through their stores. They even tried looking it up on their inventory, and couldn't find it. So I wouldn't believe anything that Prima said if I were you. If you see The Sims 4 game guide sitting a store shelf some place or on the web, trust in that. But don't take their word for a hill of beans when it comes to them saying that they'll do something. Chances are that they probably will release a guide, since it is a base game. But I wouldn't hold my breath over that. :wink::D
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't say that! I've already pre-ordered it! I haven't looked at Prima website (I didn't know that they were a company, just thought it was a name for the guide :lol: ) Anyway, here's the amazon link for those that want to check it out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-Prima-Official-Guide/dp/0804162190
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't say that! I've already pre-ordered it! I haven't looked at Prima website (I didn't know that they were a company, just thought it was a name for the guide :lol: ) Anyway, here's the amazon link for those that want to check it out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-Prima-Official-Guide/dp/0804162190
    I wasn't trying to panic you, and yes Prima is a real company. I have several of their games guides in my collection of game guides. Including several of the guides For Sims games. Like this Sims compilation guide that I was just telling you about. Prima had originally wanted to release the guide. But for what ever reason, that had been stopped or changed. I'm not bashing Prima, and I believe that they were going to do what they had said that they were going to do in the beginning. Because they have no reason to lie to begin with. But Prima does have the right to cancel or change their plans on some thing, and not tell the consumer about it. That's what I was warning you about. When you said that Prima was planing to release The Sims 4 game guide on the 6th of January. That was a red flag for me, and here's why. Prima had released a game guide on Sims 3 when Sims 3 was first launched. I know this because I had pre-ordered Sims 3, and gotten a Sims 3 game guide from Prima right along with the game and some other stuff too. So again the 6th of January sounds fishy to me. Because the Sims 4 would have out for 4 months by then, That's if Sims 4 is released on Sept 2nd. And doesn't sound like Prima when it comes to them releasing guides to a base game. Now if the guide for a Sims 4 expansion pack, then I would sort of believe that because they have done that in the past. :wink::D