Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Off Your Best CASting

GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
I know a lot of people, myself included, are very disappointed about the omission of CASt from TS4. But maybe at least a little something good can come out of this sad news - a renewed appreciation of the fabulous tool that TS3 gave us! So I decided to create this thread for people to share pictures of the CASting they've done that really makes them proud :mrgreen:

The pictures can be of rooms, houses, objects, clothing items, outfits, re-coloured patterns, anything you like. CC is fine but I am more likely to be impressed by unqiue, creative uses of EA items. If you've customized your creation to suit a particular sim, you can also tell us a bit about them if you like and how their personality affected the choices you made 8)

Feel free to include links to your creations, but please don't just use this thread as a copy-and-paste stop for advertising your studio without taking the time to select the pictures that really show off your very best CASting. You may post as many pictures as you like but please make sure they're no wider than 640 pixels. No filters or colour edits please, or I won't be able to see your CASting properly!

I'm really excited to see everyone's pictures :mrgreen:
You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
Post edited by GreenCats on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Just to get things going...here are a couple of rooms from my Practical Magic House! :)

This is the parlor. It was fun to use different textures and colours on the furniture so that they looked liked they'd been acquired at different times but still have some coherence.
    PMParlor4.png

I used two bookcases, CASted and MOOed, to make a piano.
    PMParlor2.png

I made this functional windowseat using sectionals. The dark colour conceals the joins.
    PMParlor3.png

And I think my favourite room I've made in all my builds, the kitchen :) The woods all work together but are actually a variety of colours and grains. I used two bookcases to make a false back for the stove area. There is a lot of clutter and it has all been lovingly CASted.
    PMKitchen.png

Breakfast nook.
    PMBreakfast.png

Sally's Bedroom.
    PMSallyBedroom2.png
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Here is my favorite facade that I have done, it is not up on the exchange because I have yet to finish it.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4EbRZwh.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

My favorite dining room. :)

3mfNnE2.jpg

My favorite MOO
    BU2z7XS.jpg

My favorite kitchen
    gUrD4vG.jpg

No need for prizes for me. I just love doing this. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GC, I love your interior design in these rooms! :)
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a great idea GC, I love the interior pics you have posted, so stylish. I especially love the nook :)

sherrylynn8779, great pictures, I especially love that kitchen! I really like how you've used the cabinents and the cooker area is fabulous!

Here's a couple of pics I particularly like, one is from the church lot I uploaded yesterday where I used rugs for the garden area:
    Screenshot-80_zps0cfa8e05.jpg"width=640"

And this second one was just me trying out a few things using the stencil removal mod to remove the overlay of the wall fixture from the India set and the chair from the Tudor set:
    Screenshot-15_zps73b53701.jpg"width=640"

EDIT: Oops, forgot about the picture sizes, hopefully I've fixed it now.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    BreeMiles wrote:
    This is a very wonderful Idea GC.

Thanks, Bree! I hope you'll consider sharing some pictures here. I always love your work :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @sherrylynn8779 - Thank you for sharing! These are lovely. I especially like the octagonal dining table the archways in the kitchen (so clever how you used the columns to add thickness to them!).

Would you mind resizing the first picture? At 1024x768 it is wider than the forums can handle, and since I'm anticipating a picture-heavy thread I want to try to be really disciplined about this :) The code:
    [img]DIRECT LINK HERE"width=640"[/img]

Thank you for the compliment on my interiors! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @BakingNerd - Thank you for sharing! I love how your made the main building look like it is part of the same thing as the rabbit hole - a wonderful and inspiring example of why CASt is such a powerful tool :) The rugs look fabulous! I didn't notice them until you pointed it out. So much neater and more versatile than traditional terrain painting :) The bedroom is very pretty! It looks like you're having fun with velocitygrass' mod!
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Everyone's creations using CASting is Awesome! :shock: :D

:thumbup: :thumbup: Way Way Up!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    oh my gosh, I am so sorry for breaking the thread. I fixed it. I hadn't even realized that I didn't have it resized, I usually do that in imgur before I even post! LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GC, what ep/sp/store set did the sofa/entry table come from? (I am behind on this stuff... stoopid computers...lol)
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lovely idea Green! I will be back with pics in the next few days ;) ~YJ~
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @rosemow - Lovely to see you here. Thank you for your support :mrgreen:

@sherrylynn8779 - Don't worry, it's only one picture and you've fixed it now! I just want us to get into good habits early :-)

You mean the side table in the first picture I posted and the sofa in the second? The side table is from Supernatural, and the sofa is from the store.

@YJ - Glad you like it! I look forward to your pictures 8)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I meant the table underneath the 4 leaf pictures in the first photo. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    GC, Sherry, BakingNerd - What lovely CASing! I am so inspired! :D I am going to miss CASing in Sims 4 too!
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    First off, I love your photos, GC! My favorite is the breakfast nook in the kitchen-- just beautiful!

SherryLynn, I also love your photos and your favorite kitchen is awesome. I like the MOO on your stuff as well as the CASt.

I like having a color family to use throughout a build and then I emphasize different colors in different areas. I like to have patterns that share elements and colors but that are DIFFERENT patterns.

A friend told me that this whole house reminds her of quilt pieces, which is exactly what I was thinking as I did these pattern recolors:

Screenshot-154.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-193.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-195.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-221.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-198.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-201.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-202.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-206.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-203.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-225.jpg"width=600"

oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I meant the table underneath the 4 leaf pictures in the first photo. :)

The thin one up against the wall with the glass birds on it? Yes, that's the one from supernatural :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @yanti68 - Thank you! Great to see you here :)

@ZooProfessor3 - Thank you for the kind comments and for sharing your own lovely pictures! Wow, those stairs are very pretty :) You are always so brave with your use of patterns and colours but it is always perfectly judged. There are lots of lovely little touches like the flower pattern on the soap bottles, which looks very classy. I really love your MOOing too, especially the towel in the counter, the bookcase in between counters, and the corner sofa.
  • Options
    EnvyAshleeyyyEnvyAshleeyyy Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ah! What a great idea! I absolutely love what everyone has done thus far! :thumbup: I'm pretty terrible at building and designing homes :oops: :roll: so I mostly stick to Sims!

This is my Nightmare Before Christmas family from a little while ago, I think it shows all the different patterns and colors! :)
    122hssi.png"width=640"
    311umud.png"width=640"
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    @yanti68 - Thank you! Great to see you here :)

@ZooProfessor3 - Thank you for the kind comments and for sharing your own lovely pictures! Wow, those stairs are very pretty :) You are always so brave with your use of patterns and colours but it is always perfectly judged. There are lots of lovely little touches like the flower pattern on the soap bottles, which looks very classy. I really love your MOOing too, especially the towel in the counter, the bookcase in between counters, and the corner sofa.

Thanks GC! I wonder sometimes if people see all that little stuff which takes me a long time. I can't NOT do it, as it would drive me insane, but it makes me a slow builder because of all the details I put in. Classy is what I am going for, so THANK YOU! :D

By the way, that bookcase (which has all the cooking and mixology skill books and all the recipes) still works and so does the corner sofa!

The house in the photos was my homework for Taryn's MOO U class (Zoo U Course 10) and I had to step it up a notch as she has set the bar HIGH!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zoo~ It took me a minute to understand (ok I confess & dissect) what I was seeing in regards to the bookcase. Can I just say wow! I'm so going to have to steal that idea now! :shock: Your houses always seem to set the bar. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @EnvyAshleeyyy - Oh WOW I love your household! Fabulously creative outfits, and the setting is perfect for them. A wonderful tribute to a great movie :)

@ZooProfessor3 - Yes I do think people notice :) And even if they don't, details like that contribute to the effect of the whole, and I think people will enjoy looking at it more than at a house that had less thought put into it, even if they don't consciously notice all of the little touches that are making them enjoy it so much.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Every time I see Moo'ing I find something new to do in my builds! I LOVE the "built in" bookcase in the kitchen and the use of the towel rack in the kitchen!

Zoo, what a wonderful idea to put the cooking and mixology skill books in the kitchen. -Seriously I have only stocked one house's bookcases with books, but I just bought several copies of everything and put it in all the book cases, but to custom the bookcases for the room... great idea and it saves OODLES of time! :D I know what I am putting in my green with envy victorian I am building! :D Do you realize how hard it is for me to make a girl's room green?? Let alone use only slight variations of the same shade of a color?

I have been really working on using CASt more effectively for a cohesive feel to my rooms. However, I am generally an eclectic color user. Even in my own home. NOTHING matches. LOL

I wish they would allow the plates in the china hutches to be CASt'ed I would love to do a blue toile on them! LOL

BN! I love, love, love the use of the rugs in your church build, I would never have thought to do that! :D I love what you did to the bedroom!!! I am going to have to look into using that tool! :D

I love your Nightmare Before Christmas Simmies, EnvyAshleeyyy very creative!

GC, BN, Yanti, Zoo, and EnvyAshleeyyy thank you so much for the compliments. :)

-GC, ugh... I am so going to have to get a new computer so I can catch up my game!