Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Farming Challenge with a Twist

Comments

• Piano_angelPiano_angel Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ahhh so good to see new people starting this challenge! Hope you're all enjoying it so far! :mrgreen:

zchase: I'm loving your story so far! I've never really played in Riverview for some reason. I think I had one family when I first got it, but I can't remember what happened. :lol:
    Anyway, look forward to seeing more!
    I sim therefore I am. =)
  • zchase2315zchase2315 Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2014
    Piano_angel: Thank you. Oh wow I have plenty of memories playing in Riverview. I remember one family I had and it was terrible I play as a single eco-friendly sims who work in the stylist career lol I mean there was so much Drama in my sims life try to find her a man. I meet this one sim who was a doctor and I thought he would make a lovely pair for my sim but I could never invite over to the house because my sim get off of work so late. Then I tried to go over his house on the weekends I swear this man knew when I was coming because he just "happen" not to be home whenever I want to drop by?!

Finally when I got him to come over to the house (keep in mind this was way before I knew anything about mods.) I had them flirt for a bit so now they were on a date and this is where THE DRAMA STARTED! I asked if he was see anybody ;) and you know what he said to me IS THIS WHY YOU INVITED ME OVER HERE?! I AM OUT OF HERE!:shock: I had never seen a sim react this way and afterward that the date was officially over and my sim received the worst date ever moodlet! Seriously all that because I asked him if he was single?! lol So yeah I think Bridgeport, Riverview, Sunset Valley, and Appaloosa Plains are the best spot to start so sims drama well at least for me. Anyway here...

Chapter 5
    http://shaylasims.wordpress.com/a-farming-challenge-with-a-twist/1-5-with-season-comes-change/
  • PuzzleFreakPuzzleFreak Posts: 3 New Member
    I started this challenge when it was recommended to me by another friend but I am missing stuff in it. Like where the washing machine suppose to be there is another stove. And there is no burnt floors. Only burnt piling upstairs in the one bedroom. I will post pictures later on today. If someone could help that be greatly appreciated. I am missing two of the expansion packs
    @PuzzleFreak:The washing machine is apart of the Ambitions Expansion Pack and there is only one stove in the kitchen. Do you see anything else that might have been missing from the house? Also there no need to worry about the burnt floor a lot of people who download the lot said there it was missing.
    I'm missing the ivy but that is bought content. I have ambitions it's I installed as far as I know cause I can see the other washing machines when I go to buy mode
    here are some pictures on what i see:
    hv0v91.jpg
    hows all the EP and stuff packs i have and dont have

http://i58.tinypic.com/1zn66aa.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/wwhs7q.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/wwhs7q.jpg
    http://i59.tinypic.com/dma2ys.jpg
    http://i59.tinypic.com/s4t4ig.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/10ic8jn.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/vq2pvn.jpg

all the pictures are in links cause they are too big otherwise
    edited August 2014
    Oh I see what the problem is now! You don't have University Life installed so you won't have this type of washing machine in your game which also explain why your sofa is red and not blue. The upstair bedrooms and basement look fine. I didn't see your rocking chair but it should be there since you have Supernatural and as for the Wall Ivy I would suggest using Murano's Enchanted Ivy.

Update:
    Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 are ready to read!I am going to work on chapter 8 today. I am hoping the others will share their updates soon but for now I guess its just me :(.
    Post edited by zchase2315 on
    Ah ok I will have to start looking for my university disc then I have it I just not in the case. Time for a hunt. Thank you so much for helping me. The rocking chair is on the porch I did get that. I will also try the ivy you mentioned.
    Your Welcome! Ah yes I know how that goes if you can't find your disk let me know. I am sure I can find something similar to replace them with.
    Chapter 8 is now up! Oh great now I can't create links anymore sigh please refer to my other links to see next chapter...
  • MichelleLynn01MichelleLynn01 Posts: 455 Member
    I'm thinking of restarting this challenge. I originally started it only loosely following the rules because I had a story idea... but it quickly became boring since there was no real challenge the way I was playing. I'll post a link if I do restart, and I might even be able to keep my story idea. We'll see how it goes. :)
    CkglUD.jpg
    @MichelleLynn01 what kind of story idea did you have if you don't mind sharing? The only thing I changed about the challenge was the storyline of the father being sick and I wanted fix the farm house slowly so that way my other generations would have something to do. If you fix everything and start building the farm as soon as you start then you could be finish by generation 2 if aging is set to normal which I didn't want to happen.

Side note: thanks so much :) to whomever left me those nice likes it really helped me out! Chapter Nine is on it's way.
  • DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    I was playing your challenge but my game kept crashing. I now opened the file in Custard and there are a lot of corrupt stuff in it. Maybe you could clean it up and re-upload? Enjoying your challenge lots though(even with the crashes).
    3j2i.jpg
    @Dweiathecat I think you're right about having the lot re-upload I still have problems with using pose player or moving my sims with moveobjects on cheat which cause my sims to become catch in between floors?
    Sorry I try to edit my post but it still doesn't allow me to add links I am guessing because I wrote that comment before I became a member. Anyway I want to thank 11daisies for helping :) me get the last bit of points I needed to become a member. So here are the links for Chapter 8 and Chapter 9!
    edited September 2014
    I am back! Chapter 10 is really! Ugh... I don't understand this place now I am a new member again how is that even possible?
    For more updates please visit my blog at shaylasims dot wordpress dot com.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I took a small break. Plan to jump back in to play more.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• ReinaReina Posts: 58 Member
    I am planning on downloading this house too and start the challenge. It's my first time I'm doing a challenge since they moved the forums so I'm excited.

I'm curious if I'll run into issues with the lot like some of the other people have mentioned before. Hopefully it'll be okay :]
    Destined_logo.png
    I am so glad to see that people are still interested in the challenge. @Reina you might have little trouble with the lot but as long as the appliances are broken and dirty clothes all over the house then you have the basic to start the challenge.
    Chapter 11 is now available on my blog!
    I managed to install it and the house is filthy and ready to go lol. I also gave the characters a bit of a makeover and will try to get something up today or tomorrow. Also I did start reading your story @zchase2315 and it looks great so far! :]
    Destined_logo.png
  • RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    So glad to see this is on the new forums! I found it not too long ago on the old forums and started playing. It's so addicting and I love it. I've never done a farm challenge before, but I'm so glad I gave this one a shot.
    edited September 2014
    @Reina lol yeah that house is something else. Oh I can't wait to see how the challenge works out for you. I am trying to have the next two chapters done today but I am just so lazy. Thanks so much for giving my story a read.
    Chapter 12 is now ready to read!
    Finally I am a member (again)! Here are some proper links to my story...
    Chapter 10
    Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Thorton Family still going strong!
  • tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    How did you get the house to look like such a junk yard???
    Follow me on Tumblr
    tessabeme wrote: »
    How did you get the house to look like such a junk yard???
    Oh if you go to the first page you'll see that the lot was pre made and comes with a download.
    I love love love your blog, @zchase2315 :) I'm on chapter 9 and will probably be caught up tonight or tomorrow ^^

I created the lot for this challenge in my game and also took most of the photos. I'm pretty excited about doing this challenge
    Destined_logo.png