Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would uninstalled clothing sets produce the Missing Object warning? Interesting Observation

I had to do a factory reinstall by renaming my Sims 3 folder and starting over with all the store downloads, which is a royal pain in the you know what because I own the store.

I am still getting the Missing Object warning and I for the life of me can't find anything obvious missing. I know for a fact I haven't installed all the clothing sets but I have done my best to try to get all the sets reinstalled.

I haven't been able to upload lots for a very long time, I get a share failed. After the Factory Reinstall I am able to upload lots with no problem.

I guess I might have had some sort of custom content that might have attached itself to my installed content that now is gone and that could be the missing objects error or a sim might have been wearing an outfit I did not reinstall.

I had been through my previous installed content recently and didn't have any custom content installed. However, at one point I did have the dreaded Abrazzo Counter

Comments

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi cherid, :)

I do think that if you are missing the clothing sets, it will give you the missing objects warning upon opening the game. Especially, if the townies are using the missing clothing.

Of course, I might be wrong, because I have no means to test this, but I do think it includes clothing.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    cherid, I am truly sorry that you had such a dreadful experience. I really feel for you :(
    Enjoy your day, and your game my dear (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ ) *cheek kisses and big hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry about all your troubles Cherid. I don't know the answer to your question but it does seem likely that missing outfits could be the answer. I hope you get everything straightened out soon.