Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Our Existing Simpoints be Transferred to a Sims 4 Store?

I hope there will be a Sims 4 store, and that the points will be transferable. Does anyone happen to know the answer to this?

Thank you so much for your help!! :)

Comments

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2014
    It has not been confirmed, but I doubt they will abolish some kind of content for sale. It might not be a store as we have seen it in 3, but they'll have something for sure.

When they got rid of that facebook sims game, I thought I read that the points they had were gone. But I might not be correct as I didn't play it only a few times.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited June 2014
    EA has already confirmed there will be a store for The Sims 4 and it will be integrated into the game. They may switch to the EA cash card system or use the new coin system they have going on in other games. The coin system is better because you can earn coins by doing actions in the game instead of only having to buy them.

Worst case scenario, the points are not transferable. This would mean that you would only be able to buy items for The Sims 3 store. If the store is going to close, they would have to give you a notice so that you can spend your points before the store closes. I don't think The Sims 3 store is going to close for a while.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope not because i much prefer the simspoint system and for a candien like me ea cash cards are not even avalable in canada
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    I doubt it because TS3 store will probebly be open thru next year so we'll most likely need to buy simpoints for the TS4 store.

Who knows maybe the registration gift for registering the base game is 2000 points for the ts4 store.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm thinking they will redesign The Sims site so they can branch off for each game and become a collective so TS3 store/exchange and TS4 store/exchange will be under one umbrella yet be separate. I imagine we'll have to create a new profile or something... So I don't think we can do that :?