Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play?

Do you use cheats?
Do you play with your game in 3x speed?
Do you give your sims money off the bat to move into the house you want?

Those are just some examples..but I am wondering how other people play the game.

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited June 2014
    I use a few select modifications but I don't cheat money or raise needs artificially.

If I want to speed through a particular action/activity I tend to use 2x. I allow the 3x when the whole household is asleep though.

When it comes to moving a household in, I have NOT cheated extra money more often than I have. What I'm saying is that most of my Sims start out poor. Because I have eight expansion packs installed, I find it easy to make money. There are so many things to collect (gems/rocks, wildflowers, small animals.. ..) and a Sims outgoings are really minimal. Some items are super valuable.

My enjoyment in the game has mostly been trying new experiences, so I've spent a lot of time playing new Sims. Once I get to a certain point, I throw in that game and try a different Sim with a different job, new set of traits... ...
    I'm trying to change that up a bit though. I have not been good at raising families, so I am going to try really hard to make it to generation three or five.

I even have a story for my current Sim.
    http://celesteslegacy.blogspot.co.nz
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2014
    Aikeiko wrote:
    Do you use cheats?
    Mainly when I am testing new homes with sims. They have to buy it,so I give them the money.
    Aikeiko wrote:
    Do you play with your game in 3x speed?
    Nope. I take it nice and slow.
    Aikeiko wrote:
    Do you give your sims money off the bat to move into the house you want?
    For normal game play, most of my sims have to earn it. Sometimes I give sims the money if I really want them to live in a particular home. There are a lot of ways of making quick money in my game, so I don't feel like I have to use a money cheat that much.

My favorite way of playing is creating a Story Scenario and playing it out. Sometimes the story goes in directions I did not expect, and those seem to be the most fun. I particularly like creating stories and sharing them in the forums. Those really bring my sims to life. Continued play with those sims is much more immersive since they have so much backstory to them.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2014
    Creating a story sounds fun. I may try that at some point. Just need to find how/where to start =).

Thanks for sharing how you guys play! I like to try and play without the speed modifier, but sometimes I just want a certain day to come (like prom night!)
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh! Do you play with aging turned on or off? Sometimes I feel split between using it and not =(, I just feel at times there isn't enough time in my sims lives to do what I want.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    I usually start with a single sim and with aging off then turn it on when I'm ready for them to start having kids.

I pretty much don't use cheats except to fix things. I do use quite a few mods though and I do tend to play around with some of them quite a bit. But not in any way that really affects gameplay (IMO); except for Relativity.

I don't use 3x speed often as it's rather laggy in my game. I do when sims are sleeping, attending classes at university, and when tomb exploring with a single sim (I use the 4th mode a lot in tombs just too speed things up).

I've used motherlode once. I moved a sim out of the active family I was playing and wanted to play him. The household had $500k and bought him a house but he moved with $0. I thought he would have been given $50 on leaving. Occasionally I'll use freerealestate when moving resident sims around the neighborhood, but never with the active family.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2014
    I use the freerealestate cheat to move my sims into a house that I seem to use all the time. It's not a pretty house, but it is set up just how I want it for the generational games that I play. The house comes complete with a garden with some perfect produce and some money trees. My sims don't work so gardening, fishing, cooking, painting and nectar making fill their days when they are not making babies.

I usually start with one or two sims. If I start with one I usually will play that sim for a while then introduce a second sim as a partner when I feel it's time for kids. If I start with two, I will have them get started on the baby making immediately.

I cheat non-stop throughout the save. Although I don't need money cheats, having started with freerealestate and a house with money trees is as good as I guess. I will cheat relationship levels and motives as I see fit.

I never play on high speed as I love to follow my sims around the town as they go about their business. Although I start out small, in no time there will usually be between 4-6 kids and I like them all to have full lives, including boyfriends/girlfriends and active social lives.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    I play with town based legacies and use 56NRaas Mod package files to make my game playable and fix SP issues in the game.I don't usually cheat on money unless it's to remove some funding after one used a taxi.I play very Mod-heavy because I have no choice if I want my game playable.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • CassandraNightCassandraNight Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2014
    See, I play TS3 both on console and PC, so I have different ways of playing for each.

Console version answers: If I'm playing on my 360 then no, I don't use cheats at all. Cheating on there makes everything a lot more boring, and if I did use cheats then the only reason would be to get a whole lot of money to move into the best house, and then I'm bored. I can't stand to NOT use 3X and even 4X speed when I'm playing . . . I'm a very impatient person. Since console is different from PC and I can't turn cheats on and off for it, I don't give my Sims money immediately. Finally, I usually tend to turn off aging until I'm ready to have kids, and then put the lifespan on long once I've found the Sim I want mine to be with.

PC version answers: Yes, I use a lot of cheats. Sometimes I like to force myself not to, but in this particular game I'm playing currently (I've created the entire town and spend one Sim week with each household), I feel, kind of demands me to use cheats so that I can get the Sims where I want them. Whether or not I give my Sims money to start off with depends on what the story is going to be--I mean, if I'm wanting to start off with a child or teenager who belongs to a rich family, then yes, I'm definitely going to give my Sims money to start off with. I don't speed things up on the PC as much as I do on the 360, but I still use 3X and 4X pretty frequently. Aaand for aging I usually set it for Long and adjust the length as I see fit, though in the current game I've got it on Epic so I have enough time to play with all of them.
  • TaylorrieTaylorrie Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello there! :)

The ONLY time when I'll use cheats is to make my sim's children look more attractive by editing their facial features in "create a household" haha :P

I've never cheated to get money before. I feel like I'd grow bored of the game, so I'm too scared to try it...

I usually just make my sims work to get their money.

I play my sims with a "long lifespan", though I'll sometimes turn it off if I haven't been able to complete the things that I've wanted to during that duration of that part of the sim's life, such as not having enough time to potty-train my toddler.

I usually play with aging enabled with a long lifespan and story progression enabled. When I turn aging off, I turn story progression off as well.

I use 3x speed so often. When none of my sims are home, I'll just make the time go by as fast as I can make it go. When my sims woohoo, I make the time go by fast too.

Oh, and I don't play with that many generations. I'll switch households between two families in the games that I've played. When I grow somewhat bored of one, I'll switch to the other one. One of my households has a grandma, grandpa, adults, young adults, their children, etc., while the other household is simply two housemates who are both young adults.