Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Needs update with mods but not without

So, when I open the launcher it says that there is a game update available. I press Update because I want to play online. The launcher crashes. Then I tried moving my mods out of the The sims folder and when I opened the launcher, I suddenly had the latest update? These are all old mods that have worked fine a hundred times before, no new stuff. Help??

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2014
    hi diddlochcooj and welcome

what is your base game patch? the most current is 1.67, if you arent up to date click on my siggy before for patch help thread - it will tell you how to use the manual super patch to update your game
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2014
    So, when I open the launcher it says that there is a game update available. I press Update because I want to play online. The launcher crashes. Then I tried moving my mods out of the The sims folder and when I opened the launcher, I suddenly had the latest update? These are all old mods that have worked fine a hundred times before, no new stuff. Help??
    You should always set your game to an unmodified state before you patch/update. Most mods are based on the patch level of your game. If you don't remove mods before you patch/update you run the risk of having your game bounce on load, if it loads at all.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    I backed up my Electronic Arts Folder with 7Zip and moved the active copy out before I patched to 167 and more recently to install new Expansions and let a new Electronic Arts folder be created and allowed a new Sims 3 folder to be made and used it to test the patch out for at least a half-dozen times before deleting my old Mods from my Mods folder and replacing them with the updated versions for 167.
    I did almost the same thing for installing new expansions except that I had pulled my game file out for testing the new packs and finally switched the files back after I was done testing.I only crashed once when I tried to load a test save with my regular file and just went back to my old games and they all work.I play lag-free with only 57 NRaas Mod package files and a few smaller Mods from MTS.
    You should've pulled your Electronic Arts folder to the desktop before patching.I also back that folder up before patching,installing new packs or before I started using Mods for the first time though the official advice was to back up the saves.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg