Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2014
    Kind of wish I didn't pass on the 60% Wretched Thread items in my MMAO this morning.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    Kind of wish I didn't pass on the 60% Wretched Thread items in my MMAO this morning.

Ashygirl, I'm sure they'll come again. I really do think that there's some sort of hierarchy in terms of what items get offered on MMAO. Until I finally bought all of Wretched Threads, I was getting constant offers for its items on MMAO. There was a brief stretch of time when I was waiting for WT to come up on the March/April DD list because I'd collected enough to get it for free, but every day while I waited, MMAO would offer me different combinations of WT items that I had to decline.

If you haven't already bought the DD, and if this list repeats, I'm sure you'd get more MMAO offers in between now and then.
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh, they'll show up again! MMAO loves to give me Wretched Threads items. If it's not those than it's Tudors and Versailles.

I'm just holding off on buying until the list plays out a bit longer.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    At least the prices are much much better this time around. I decided to pick up the wretched threads at 105sp which makes that full set 20sp, but if this rotation is recycling last rotations goods then I should see that set offered I think. Maybe I'll wait and get it free and save myself 20sp

Actually, most of them are priced higher. With the exception of TNM and Wretched Threads, and Street Couture Kids & Teens and Drifter's Desire are only less cause the original price dropped. Looks like you got lucky with Wretched Threads being less :).

Hopefully there will be more that are better deals, and hopefully eclectic pops up so those that missed it on the last list will still have a chance at it.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited May 2014
    If they keep repeating items from the last list, there was at least one item that gives you CYS toward Wretched Threads.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    Spent the day in OE and look what happens when I came to check in.

Judy, so absolutely amazing of you to take on hosting of the DD thread. I know you will do a great job. :thumbup:

Finally to Adrian. You have probably been the longest running host of the DD thread. I checked back. You hosted from August 2012 to October 2012. After a short break, you hosted from April 2013 to May 2014. You have hosted during some crazy and strange rotations and my favourite one from May 2013 where the DD thread became the DD community. Over time, as you added information to the first page, you have provided a wonderful resource to our DD stalkers. Bravo to you.
    Hi Jodi, yep it's great to have Judy take charge and head up all these lovely people. So, it had been a whole year eh?! Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

And thank you for the beautiful gift and message :oops: I do recall you commenting on my description of you after you had created the first Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet(TM) . Likewise, my own home displays no sign of being organised at all either ... except for "unimportant" stuff like my DVD collection or DD tracking spreadsheets :mrgreen:
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    Good to see the gang still here :)

Just wanted to say hi. Been dealing with a lot in real life. Battling some depression and anxiety and am now on meds and therapy for it. I haven't really felt like myself so it's been hard to get things done and I lost interest in sims and such for awhile.

Hi Lauren, really good to hear from you again. Yes, we may not often see some of the 'older' names these days, but there are plenty of new names here, so I reckon this DD community is here to stay. So sad to hear that you've not been feeling good and I hope that your post is a sign that you're on the road to recovery. and, of course, whenever you do feel like popping in here I know there'll be someone ready with a virtual hug or happy dance for you.

Cogitotoro wrote:
    ... it just looks like the store team are too lazy to do anything but scramble an already assembled list. I'm pretty confident I could make up a DD list in a day of decent work. I wonder what the theory is behind changing nothing, if that's what's happening?

I suppose it's possible that now, as Sims 3 development draws to a close, the sheer volume of "old" stuff means "new" items will be a pretty small percentage of what is on offer ... but you would think they could set up some simple rules or a basic filter on their database to highlight certain categories or themes in the Store to mix it up a bit. Back in the day the DD rotations were generally quite different from one list to the next - though Tiki always appeared!! As you say they've either got some ill-motived work-experience guy running the Store now or they don't have the time to give Sims 3 the love and attention it deserves now they've Sims 4 stuff to work on ... :(

Ximph wrote:
    Thanks guys!
    And Adrian didn't have a 4th post so I will leave that out for the time being.
    Oh! I didn't even notice that. It looks like the 4th post never got copied over into the last thread. That link on the last thread linked to the 4th post of an earlier thread.
    Ahh, yes, and talking of lazy people ... :oops: That fourth post I had planned to update with changes in Meg's "welcome wagon" post and developments in the Builders thread but never got round to it. Sorry :(

• Options
    edited May 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Ximph wrote:
    Thanks guys!
    Oh! I didn't even notice that. It looks like the 4th post never got copied over into the last thread. That link on the last thread linked to the 4th post of an earlier thread.
    Ahh, yes, and talking of lazy people ... :oops: That fourth post I had planned to update with changes in Meg's "welcome wagon" post and developments in the Builders thread but never got round to it. Sorry :(

Ack! :( I hope that's not the impression I gave. I know we were getting lots of new additions to Meg's list, and I assumed that something like that had happened and the list had ended before we got a long enough lull in people adding themselves to the list. I just wanted to make sure that everybody knew there was still a way to get to that information if we wanted to include it in future lists.

On that note, let me take this opportunity to thank you for your long service in helping to maintain this list. It has been a huge help to me and so many others, and has, I'm sure, helped to maintain this wonderful community. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    And speaking of the list, Wretched Threads went the full time.

16) Audrey Hepfire Vintage / 10 / 25 / 60% / 1 hr

17) You Spin My Time ? / 25 / ?% / 2 hr
    18) Man Cave Compilation / ? / 3000 / ?% / ? hr
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Ximph wrote:
    Thanks guys!
    Ack! :( I hope that's not the impression I gave. I know we were getting lots of new additions to Meg's list, and I assumed that something like that had happened and the list had ended before we got a long enough lull in people adding themselves to the list. I just wanted to make sure that everybody knew there was still a way to get to that information if we wanted to include it in future lists.

On that note, let me take this opportunity to thank you for your long service in helping to maintain this list. It has been a huge help to me and so many others, and has, I'm sure, helped to maintain this wonderful community. Thank you so much.

Oh, no, no need to apologise at all. It is me who is somewhat embarrassed at having got too bored idle to fix my own post!

And thank you, for your kind words, and yourself providing such great advice and help in working through the intricacies of DD maths! :thumbup:

And finally the latest 'new' deals:

16 ) Audrey Hepfire Vintage / 10 / 25 / 60% / 1 hour :thumbup:

17 ) You Spin My Time / / 25 / / 2 hours
    18 ) Man Cave Compilation / / 3000 / /

• Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, so the audrey dress was so cheap...I decided to go ahead and get it this time. Now if that Man Cave Comp is that cheap, I just might be able to snag that too.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    RogueBaby18RogueBaby18 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Audrey Hepfire Vintage sold out with 4:25 left on the clock at 32 past the hour.

Man Cave Compilation is going to go for 1 hour followed by Zen Again.

17 ) You Spin My Time / 12 / 25 / 52% / 2 hours :P
    18 ) Man Cave Compilation / / 3000 / / 1 hour
    19 ) Zen Again / / 850 / /
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    18 ) Man Cave Compilation / 2070 / 3000 / 31% / 1 hour :!:

:/ not a very exciting list. Just seems to be some price fixes and a reshuffle.
    My Studio
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ximph wrote:

Not only the same items, but most of them are at a higher price than the old list. This is ridiculous. Pitiful sales page and a pitiful DD, on a holiday weekend no less. I'm hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised and be offered a percentage off all items starting tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    RogueBaby18RogueBaby18 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Man Cave Compilation went the full time and expired at 32 after the hour.

19 ) Zen Again / 366 / 850 / 57% / 2 hours :P

20 )Full Interior Castle Set / / 525 / ?% / 2 hours
    21 )Cante Captivating / / 550 / ?% / ? hours
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited May 2014
    19 ) Zen Again / 336 / 850 / 57% / 2 hrs

Next up -

20 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 2 hrs
    21 ) Cante Captivating
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Elf67 wrote:
    Ximph wrote:

Not only the same items, but most of them are at a higher price than the old list. This is ridiculous. Pitiful sales page and a pitiful DD, on a holiday weekend no less. I'm hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised and be offered a percentage off all items starting tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well don't be too upset. this just gives everyone an opportunity to save up those points for the Sale! page and the MMAO. I know I have a tough time holding onto points when I see a great deal, so this just forces me to have some restraint XD
    My Studio
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited May 2014
    hope may complication comes back so i can get my free set.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    20 ) Full Interior Castle Set / 278 / 525 / 47% / 2 hrs

Next up -

21 ) Cante Captivating / 1 hr
    22 ) Tight Tee
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited May 2014
    @Adrian - You are welcome. :D
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited May 2014
    Full Interior Castle Set ended at 11:31pm Central, with 27-ish% claimed.

AND OMG THE NOW AND THEN SET IS UPCOMING!
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2014
    21 ) Cante Captivating / 374 / 550 / 32% / 1 hour

22 ) Tight Tee / / 75 / ?% / 1 hours
    23 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / / 1900 / ?%/ ? hours
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited May 2014
    21 ) Cante Captivating / 374 / 550 / 32% / 1 hr [more expensive than Weekly Specials]

Next up -

22 ) Tight Tee / 1 hr
    23 ) The Now & Then Century Manor

Okay, y'all wanted something new on the lists....

edit - hour, not hours. minor handicap of template use.
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited May 2014
    Up now
    21 ) Cante Captivating / 374 / 550 / 32 % / 1 Hour

Up next
    22 ) Tight tee / ? / 75 / ?% / 1 Hour
    23 ) The now and then century manor

Cante captivating is on the sales page for 357 sp which is 35% off
    Full castle interior set ran full time and ended at 32 mins past the hour
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited May 2014
    The manor!! WOW!
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2014
    wow I am shocked to see the manor coming up. I thought it would be the last thing we would see come up.
    a.k.a. Catherine