Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA please reveal info on the Sims 4 Exchange and Store at E3

I'm very curious about how both will work in TS4.

Comments

  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, because who really wants to know if you can control more than one sim, if the game has an open-world, or if genetics is a thing in the game?

    I'd much rather discuss how exactly I'll be able to download glitches, pudding, and overpriced crap next year.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    FosoSam wrote:
    Yes, because who really wants to know if you can control more than one sim, if the game has an open-world, or if genetics is a thing in the game?

    I'd much rather discuss how exactly I'll be able to download glitches, pudding, and overpriced crap next year.

    Wow, how rude... What was the point of even commenting on this thread?.. :?

    Anyway, I was kinda curious about this too (among other things :roll: ). I am hoping they don't put things in the store that should have been shipped in the expansion packs.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am curious about the exchange as well, not so much the store but I'd be appreciative to hear what they have to say on that as well. As far as the Exchange, my question would be "Is it going to be SAFE or will it allow uploads with CC?"

    I'm sure the store will be a popular place if they offer recolors!
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am hoping they don't put things in the store that should have been shipped in the expansion packs.

    This. Personally, I'd rather they skip out on the store all together :|
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think it's a safe bet we'll hear about the exchange at E3 since EA loves talking about it as the best way to share creations with other players around the world. The store though I don't think we'll hear about until much closer to September.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • mrsyabosmrsyabos Posts: 223 Member
    edited May 2014
    FosoSam wrote:
    Yes, because who really wants to know if you can control more than one sim, if the game has an open-world, or if genetics is a thing in the game?

    I'd much rather discuss how exactly I'll be able to download glitches, pudding, and overpriced crap next year.

    Well that was rude. :?

    We couldn't POSSIBLY hear about all both of ya'll's suggestions at E3. :roll:
  • QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was wanting to know too. I want the Gurus to put their simselves on the exchange so I game have them in my game. :mrgreen:
  • KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    candace92 wrote:
    I am hoping they don't put things in the store that should have been shipped in the expansion packs.

    This. Personally, I'd rather they skip out on the store all together :|

    Oh, I would too, but I know as long as people keep buying from the store they are going to keep it up and running. I just don't want them to skimp out on the expansions just to make more money in the store...
    As far as the Exchange, my question would be "Is it going to be SAFE or will it allow uploads with CC?"

    This. I think you mentioned on another thread that they should have some sort of security system to make sure that the content is safe. Really surprised no one thought of this before... :?
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd prefer it if they skip the store all together, and put the stuff that would be in the store instead put it in an EP or SP.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope they don't talk about the store!

    If they do, then once again everyone will complain about The Sims and EA as a company are cash grabers and are just milking their series.

    But I hope they show the exchange! I really hope they've made it better than the mess we have right now :D
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    FosoSam wrote:
    Yes, because who really wants to know if you can control more than one sim, if the game has an open-world, or if genetics is a thing in the game?

    I'd much rather discuss how exactly I'll be able to download glitches, pudding, and overpriced crap next year.

    I want to see all that as well. There is no reason EA Can't talk about all those things plus the new exchange and store. E3 is 4 days long.

    There is no need to be rude.  
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    I really hope the Store won't have items that were already included in Stuff/Expansion packs in the past, or worlds that cost more than a Stuff Pack... in other words, EA, stop being greedy, please. Let's get what we're paying for and not have to worry about patching or looking for store fixes every time "premium" content comes out.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am most likely in the minority when I say I appreciated the store. There is a lot of content I do not like and I am glad it was not put in my game. I like to pick and choose what is in my game, far more than I am given the option to pick and choose currently. I love some EP's for the features or maybe a few items and there are some I can't stand and dislike wading through them in build/buy/CAS. I didn't feel as though the Store 'took away', I felt it 'added to'. Just because some of the EP's may have been lacking I don't feel was the fault of the store. Who is to say if there were not store we'd have gotten them in an EP? Maybe we'd just have light EP's and a few SP's and that would be that.
    Now, the prices charged for the store stuff, that is a different thing.
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2014
    FosoSam wrote:
    Yes, because who really wants to know if you can control more than one sim, if the game has an open-world, or if genetics is a thing in the game?

    I'd much rather discuss how exactly I'll be able to download glitches, pudding, and overpriced crap next year.

    Haha, right?

    The only thing I'm interested in store-wise is if we're going to be allowed to buy individual pieces of content from EPs like The Sims 2 store had. Like one hairstyle from an EP but don't want to buy the whole thing? You can get it. Why didn't they bring that back for TS3? :roll:
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.

    That's where you're wrong. Sims 3 Store had A LOT of content that was never released in previous installments like the iPad/Kindle, surfer board, ice cream maker, deep fryer and chocolate fountain. But here's a list from what I mostly can recall being in Sims 1 and 2 base games and EPs and should've returned in Sims 3 without extra cost.

    - Cow Plant (S2 University)
    - Baker's Oven (S1 Makin' Magic)
    - Basketball Hoop (S1 Base Game and S2 Free Time)
    - Ballet Barre (S2 Free Time)
    - Voodoo Doll (S1 Livin' Large)
    - Tiki decor (S1 House Party)

    I also felt a lot of Store sets like the Ultra Lounge for kids should've come with Generations...I just believe that EA gipped us on some of the things we've gotten in the past for more money.

    http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html Here's a complete list of Store content, just in case I missed anything.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.

    That's where you're wrong. Sims 3 Store had A LOT of content that was never released in previous installments like the iPad/Kindle, surfer board, ice cream maker, deep fryer and chocolate fountain. But here's a list from what I mostly can recall being in Sims 1 and 2 base games and EPs and should've returned in Sims 3 without extra cost.

    - Cow Plant (S2 University)
    - Baker's Oven (S1 Makin' Magic)
    - Basketball Hoop (S1 Base Game and S2 Free Time)
    - Ballet Barre (S2 Free Time)
    - Voodoo Doll (S1 Livin' Large)
    - Tiki decor (S1 House Party)

    I also felt a lot of Store sets like the Ultra Lounge for kids should've come with Generations...I just believe that EA gipped us on some of the things we've gotten in the past for more money.

    http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html Here's a complete list of Store content, just in case I missed anything.
    Your list is only a tiny fraction of content on the Store. You do realise that TS3 Store is huge, right?

    I don't deny that some content should have been in EPs. I often complained about content like the surfing machine and the greenhouse, which were very conveniently released through the Store right after IP and Seasons respectively. I also often complained about the prices, because the Store was very overpriced. But more than half of the Store content would not exist without the Store, because there is simply too much for it all to have gone in EPs, even if they all had as much content as TS2 EPs did.
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.

    That's where you're wrong. Sims 3 Store had A LOT of content that was never released in previous installments like the iPad/Kindle, surfer board, ice cream maker, deep fryer and chocolate fountain. But here's a list from what I mostly can recall being in Sims 1 and 2 base games and EPs and should've returned in Sims 3 without extra cost.

    - Cow Plant (S2 University)
    - Baker's Oven (S1 Makin' Magic)
    - Basketball Hoop (S1 Base Game and S2 Free Time)
    - Ballet Barre (S2 Free Time)
    - Voodoo Doll (S1 Livin' Large)
    - Tiki decor (S1 House Party)

    I also felt a lot of Store sets like the Ultra Lounge for kids should've come with Generations...I just believe that EA gipped us on some of the things we've gotten in the past for more money.

    http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html Here's a complete list of Store content, just in case I missed anything.
    Your list is only a tiny fraction of content on the Store. You do realise that TS3 Store is huge, right?

    I don't deny that some content should have been in EPs. I often complained about content like the surfing machine and the greenhouse, which were very conveniently released through the Store right after IP and Seasons respectively. I also often complained about the prices, because the Store was very overpriced. But more than half of the Store content would not exist without the Store, because there is simply too much for it all to have gone in EPs, even if they all had as much content as TS2 EPs did.

    Lol, you didn't read my full post. I said I'm gonna list off what I CAN REMEMBER from past games... I even posted a link to a website of the store content. It's not like I'm going to list every single item, because I can't remember from the top of my head...
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.

    That's where you're wrong. Sims 3 Store had A LOT of content that was never released in previous installments like the iPad/Kindle, surfer board, ice cream maker, deep fryer and chocolate fountain. But here's a list from what I mostly can recall being in Sims 1 and 2 base games and EPs and should've returned in Sims 3 without extra cost.

    - Cow Plant (S2 University)
    - Baker's Oven (S1 Makin' Magic)
    - Basketball Hoop (S1 Base Game and S2 Free Time)
    - Ballet Barre (S2 Free Time)
    - Voodoo Doll (S1 Livin' Large)
    - Tiki decor (S1 House Party)

    I also felt a lot of Store sets like the Ultra Lounge for kids should've come with Generations...I just believe that EA gipped us on some of the things we've gotten in the past for more money.

    http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html Here's a complete list of Store content, just in case I missed anything.
    Your list is only a tiny fraction of content on the Store. You do realise that TS3 Store is huge, right?

    I don't deny that some content should have been in EPs. I often complained about content like the surfing machine and the greenhouse, which were very conveniently released through the Store right after IP and Seasons respectively. I also often complained about the prices, because the Store was very overpriced. But more than half of the Store content would not exist without the Store, because there is simply too much for it all to have gone in EPs, even if they all had as much content as TS2 EPs did.

    Lol, you didn't read my full post. I said I'm gonna list off what I CAN REMEMBER from past games... I even posted a link to a website of the store content. It's not like I'm going to list every single item, because I can't remember from the top of my head...
    No, I did. The point is that the Store is huge, and most of it would not exist otherwise. Most of it was not taken from EPs.

    The reason TS3 packs had less content than TS2 was not because of the Store, it was because objects and content in general became more complex with TS3, and therefore larger (in terms of file size). Compare the required hard drive space of a TS3 pack to a TS2 pack, and you'll see they require much more space, despite having considerably less objects. That's just the natural progression of video games.
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.

    That's where you're wrong. Sims 3 Store had A LOT of content that was never released in previous installments like the iPad/Kindle, surfer board, ice cream maker, deep fryer and chocolate fountain. But here's a list from what I mostly can recall being in Sims 1 and 2 base games and EPs and should've returned in Sims 3 without extra cost.

    - Cow Plant (S2 University)
    - Baker's Oven (S1 Makin' Magic)
    - Basketball Hoop (S1 Base Game and S2 Free Time)
    - Ballet Barre (S2 Free Time)
    - Voodoo Doll (S1 Livin' Large)
    - Tiki decor (S1 House Party)

    I also felt a lot of Store sets like the Ultra Lounge for kids should've come with Generations...I just believe that EA gipped us on some of the things we've gotten in the past for more money.

    http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html Here's a complete list of Store content, just in case I missed anything.
    Your list is only a tiny fraction of content on the Store. You do realise that TS3 Store is huge, right?

    I don't deny that some content should have been in EPs. I often complained about content like the surfing machine and the greenhouse, which were very conveniently released through the Store right after IP and Seasons respectively. I also often complained about the prices, because the Store was very overpriced. But more than half of the Store content would not exist without the Store, because there is simply too much for it all to have gone in EPs, even if they all had as much content as TS2 EPs did.

    Lol, you didn't read my full post. I said I'm gonna list off what I CAN REMEMBER from past games... I even posted a link to a website of the store content. It's not like I'm going to list every single item, because I can't remember from the top of my head...
    No, I did. The point is that the Store is huge, and most of it would not exist otherwise. Most of it was not taken from EPs.

    The reason TS3 packs had less content than TS2 was not because of the Store, it was because objects and content in general became more complex with TS3, and therefore larger (in terms of file size). Compare the required hard drive space of a TS3 pack to a TS2 pack, and you'll see they require much more space, despite having considerably less objects. That's just the natural progression of video games.

    Lol, okay then. Point is, EA robbed us from items that should've been in Sims 3 without any extra cost. That's all I have to say about that.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    More than half the Store content available for TS3 wouldn't exist without the Store. The Store doesn't take as much content out of EPs as people like to say. Even if you were to spread the Store content out over TS3's EPs until they had as much content as TS2's, you would probably still have enough left to make up at least another two entire EPs.

    That's where you're wrong. Sims 3 Store had A LOT of content that was never released in previous installments like the iPad/Kindle, surfer board, ice cream maker, deep fryer and chocolate fountain. But here's a list from what I mostly can recall being in Sims 1 and 2 base games and EPs and should've returned in Sims 3 without extra cost.

    - Cow Plant (S2 University)
    - Baker's Oven (S1 Makin' Magic)
    - Basketball Hoop (S1 Base Game and S2 Free Time)
    - Ballet Barre (S2 Free Time)
    - Voodoo Doll (S1 Livin' Large)
    - Tiki decor (S1 House Party)

    I also felt a lot of Store sets like the Ultra Lounge for kids should've come with Generations...I just believe that EA gipped us on some of the things we've gotten in the past for more money.

    http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html Here's a complete list of Store content, just in case I missed anything.
    Your list is only a tiny fraction of content on the Store. You do realise that TS3 Store is huge, right?

    I don't deny that some content should have been in EPs. I often complained about content like the surfing machine and the greenhouse, which were very conveniently released through the Store right after IP and Seasons respectively. I also often complained about the prices, because the Store was very overpriced. But more than half of the Store content would not exist without the Store, because there is simply too much for it all to have gone in EPs, even if they all had as much content as TS2 EPs did.

    Lol, you didn't read my full post. I said I'm gonna list off what I CAN REMEMBER from past games... I even posted a link to a website of the store content. It's not like I'm going to list every single item, because I can't remember from the top of my head...
    No, I did. The point is that the Store is huge, and most of it would not exist otherwise. Most of it was not taken from EPs.

    The reason TS3 packs had less content than TS2 was not because of the Store, it was because objects and content in general became more complex with TS3, and therefore larger (in terms of file size). Compare the required hard drive space of a TS3 pack to a TS2 pack, and you'll see they require much more space, despite having considerably less objects. That's just the natural progression of video games.

    Lol, okay then. Point is, EA robbed us from items that should've been in Sims 3 without any extra cost. That's all I have to say about that.
    With a number of items, yes. Not the whole Store.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top