Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Barnacle Bay Makeover *Closed*

Comments

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, Venus!

I've finished the landscaping, I think.
    Screenshot-2-14.jpg
    Screenshot-8-8.jpg

The outdoor fireplace is very cosy at night.
    Screenshot-10-7.jpg

And another shot of the sea view because I'm a bit obsessed with it.
    Screenshot-7-9.jpg

This is how the house looks from the plot of land where I will be building Gareth and Meadow's house. The taller part of the fence gives Ty and Odessa privacy.
    Screenshot-37.jpg

Oops, almost forgot to add the bikes!
    Screenshot-4-12.jpg
    Screenshot-9-8.jpg

Ty and Odessa will be able to watch the sun rise each morning from the rocking chairs.
    Screenshot-11-7.jpg
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    this is looking better and better
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited June 2014
    The fencing looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the wildflowers along the edge of the fencing. Very nice patterning and colouring of the pouf chairs. Child sims will have fun playing in their treehouse. It looks very nice how you have done the outdoors fireplace! It looks great! Sims will enjoy spending time outdoors just relaxing on the chairs, kept warm by the fire. It is great that you have a harvestable produce garden for the sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants to use in cooking, Very nice front entrance to the home! The porch shape and design looks very nice, and it looks very nice the type of front door that you have used and how you have placed the windows either side of it. Sims will enjoy resting on the rocking chairs. The sunrise view that you have posted in the last picture is so very nice! Nice colours of the bikes. It looks nice how you have placed the bike stands beside the flower box window.
    The WIP looks very nice! :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's nice to see all of your lovely coastal lots in one thread. I am just in love with all of them. I will have to check if I've missed any while I was away.

Those flowers seem to do okay when they are fenced in away from view of the other plant like you have them.

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love the outdoor fireplace! :D What a cosy place for the simmies to sit outside during the cooler summer evenings! :D Love the sitting areas in the garden and the lovely flowers! Great combinations! Looks so colourful! :thumbup:
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is getting more and more gorgeous!! :shock:

Loved how you used the wild flowers,colours are really suitable too!! I cannot mix them with other floors too, somehow they are i bigger as propotions...if u know what i mean? Maybe because they are re-colourable? lol

I loved what u did with their Mail box!! How did you do that? :)

Looking forward to see finished version!! :wink:
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    this is looking better and better

Thanks Anette! And thanks for helping me realize the kids' room was too small! :)

rosemow wrote:
    The fencing looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the wildflowers along the edge of the fencing. Very nice patterning and colouring of the pouf chairs. Child sims will have fun playing in their treehouse. It looks very nice how you have done the outdoors fireplace! It looks great! Sims will enjoy spending time outdoors just relaxing on the chairs, kept warm by the fire. It is great that you have a harvestable produce garden for the sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants to use in cooking, Very nice front entrance to the home! The porch shape and design looks very nice, and it looks very nice the type of front door that you have used and how you have placed the windows either side of it. Sims will enjoy resting on the rocking chairs. The sunrise view that you have posted in the last picture is so very nice! Nice colours of the bikes. It looks nice how you have placed the bike stands beside the flower box window.
    The WIP looks very nice! :)

Thanks so much for all this, Rose. You comments and so reassuring and kind :)

Jessabeans wrote:
    It's nice to see all of your lovely coastal lots in one thread. I am just in love with all of them. I will have to check if I've missed any while I was away.

Those flowers seem to do okay when they are fenced in away from view of the other plant like you have them.

Great to see you Jessa! And thanks so much for commenting :)

I actually started fresh because the layout made no sense and I also felt I wasn't customizing the homes enough for their owners. Since then I've only made four BB builds, two residential and two community. There are links to all of them on the first page.

You can see some of my older BB builds in my Creative Thread though (link is in my siggy, and there's an index on the first page).

yanti68 wrote:
    I love the outdoor fireplace! :D What a cosy place for the simmies to sit outside during the cooler summer evenings! :D Love the sitting areas in the garden and the lovely flowers! Great combinations! Looks so colourful! :thumbup:

Thank you, yanti! So glad you like it so far :)

It is getting more and more gorgeous!! :shock:

Loved how you used the wild flowers,colours are really suitable too!! I cannot mix them with other floors too, somehow they are i bigger as propotions...if u know what i mean? Maybe because they are re-colourable? lol

I loved what u did with their Mail box!! How did you do that? :)

Looking forward to see finished version!! :wink:

Aw, thanks so much :)

Yes, I think the petals are bigger, and also I believe they are a 3D object, whereas all the other flowers are 2D.

The mailbox is just the default one from BB - I recolour it but didn't do anything else special 8)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    My gravy, GC!!! That is splendiferous! I am IN LOVE with that house!!! You've done an amazing job so far and I can't wait to see the rest!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hiya GC!! :D Just popped in to see the latest updates on the house you've been working on. :shock: :-o W O W!! The views are just ... W O W!! :-o

Love the house too, by the way. And the wildflowers ... OH YEAH! If you've ever seen a real garden in which the grass just seems to grow *bigger* in there --- you've captured that very nicely with how you laid them all out. Great thinking! :thumbup:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited June 2014
    Still lookin good! Can't wait to see the finished product!
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just had the most fabulous afternoon looking through this thread of yours. Thank you, it's been a fantastic journey from start to here. Your lots are all excellent, as are the characters. They compliment each other very well. Well done with all your hard work here, you are extremely talented and very inspiring. Left recs on all BB creations :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Thank you so much, friends! :)

@MsPrissy88 - I haven't actually seen too many nice gardens in real life, especially the American-style ones most suited to TS3, because I live in a very small English city with a kind of urban/suburban feel and lots of terraced houses!...so I'm really glad the garden design looks realistic :)

@masajo - I'm so glad you're enjoying the thread! Thank you for stopping by :D

edited June 2014
    I spent my build time this evening struggling with the main family room. I wanted something colourful and I am used to working with neutrals but I did my best.

Screenshot-38.jpg

Screenshot-3-11.jpg

Screenshot-4-13.jpg

Screenshot-5-12.jpg
    edited June 2014
    The family room looks very nice! :) The raspberry colour that you have used for the fireplace section wall looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have done the built in bookcases ! The picture on the wall area above the fireplace looks nice with the colour of the wall. The whiteness of the lights either side of the picture give a great look. Great creating of the lounger for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing on in front of the fireplace. It looks great that you have placed a camera and a bottle of nectar and glasses on the coffee table. They are great touches, and sims would enjoy having a drink. Great l shaped bar stool counter in the kitchen. The kitchen wall tiling pattern looks nice. Very nice dining room area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. Nice texture that you have used for the dining walls . The white rose on the table and the picture on the wall are nice for sims to see when dining there.
    It looks great! :)
    edited June 2014
    Love the splash of colour in the living room! It is very striking! The dining room looks great too.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, Rose and Yanti :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful colour palette for the garden GreenCats so very pretty. I love the wildflowers too but as you said they are very hard to mix with the other plants and flowers, the Boston fern works quiet well with them I have found. Gorgeous build looking forward to more pictures.
    Hugs Folly
    edited June 2014
    Thank you folly! I will bear the boston fern in mind :)

I changed the walls a little bit to add a skirting board and changed the pattern on the dining chairs. (The raspberry accent wall is still there, it's just not in this picture.)
    Screenshot-3-12.jpg

I also got rid of the tiles the kitchen and added some extra clutter. Whoops, need to fix the lighting on that archway.
    Screenshot-4-14.jpg
    edited June 2014
    The kitchen, living and dining room areas look very nice. :) The skirting board adds a great look to the wall and area. The books, cookie jar and lemonade jug in the kitchen are great homely touches.
    edited June 2014
    How gorgeous, GC! I love the wainscot that you used! Is than an EP wall panel?
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Aww I love the interior! The wall shelf with relics looks lovely. Nectar bottle and glasses makes the room lively too. Can't wait to see more :D
    edited June 2014
    Thanks guys! :mrgreen: You are all so kind.

@Sherry - No, it's just a base game one. It looks weird because the room is a non-standard height, which is very limiting in terms of wallpapers. You can't see in the pictures but at the very edges the ceiling actually slants away a little. The walls are taller than the wallpaper so it's looped round, putting the thick moulding that's meant to be at the top at the bottom instead.
    edited June 2014
    Well, it is definitely interesting looking! I really do like it! :)
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes Yes, dis looks nice yes.

*bookmarks thread and creeps back to continue lurking in the shadows*
    edited June 2014
    Oh WOW! :D The kitchen looks so pretty! I love that breakfast bar! The living room looks beautiful too! I like the pattern you have used for the sofa.