Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Barnacle Bay Makeover *Closed*

Comments

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited June 2014
    Another ambitious project! I wish I had your patience and talent! :D

My computer crashed, and I'm still recovering from it. I had SOME files saved to my external but not everything, so I'm having to rebuild a lot of stuff.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    WOW! :shock: That is so impressive! :D I hope you can sort out the routing issues and do not have to change much of the roofing. Good luck GC!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to hear about your computer, Venus. I hope you haven't lost too much important stuff :( How are you doing otherwise?

@yanti - Thanks so much! :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am sorry that you have had routing problems. I hope that you can find a solution for them, and the redesigning goes well. I will look forward to seeing an update of how you are going. :)
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your computer, Venus. I hope you haven't lost too much important stuff :( How are you doing otherwise?

I'm alive. :lol: That's pretty much the gist of it.

Still recovering from a computer crash several weeks ago. I did manage to save some of my stuff but not all, and some progress with my families was indeed lost.

Just to get you back in the swing of things I'll introduce you to someone, remember AJ and Sage, my main Sim's two oldest that you made the dorm rooms for? Well, this is their kid sister Sierra and boy is she a pistol. She came out as a lesbian on prom night. She started college a year ahead of schedule (a game glitch caused her to appear on the university campus) and already she's developed a reputation. She's been arrested for tagging a wall, she's fallen asleep with her sleeping bag in front of the campus movie theater, in a bowling alley, in a nightclub, and in the woods while waiting for this guy that asked her out; she's been caught using the men's bathroom on two separate occasions. Oh, did I mention that she was abducted by aliens as a young teen?

sierra3_zps35dbc03a.jpg

Hope you get your routing issues sorted!
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a bummer GC... I had that happen in a build once. There was enough room in the tower of it to use for a butler's room, but the stupid roof on the main house, wouldn't allow anyone to use it.

I really hope you come up with a solution for this home because it really looks Awesome!
    edited June 2014
    @Venus - Yes I remember Sage :) Sierra sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the pictures you shared of their outfits in the CASt thread :D

@Cath - Oh I'm sorry it happened to you too. I remember it happened will my practical magic house too. I seriously almost rage quit, until Taryn helped me figure out the problem :oops: :)

But it's ok, I fixed this one! I tried a whole bunch of super complicated things, and then realised I just had to build a little platform for the roof to go on. I had to rebuild - becase you can't really change anything structural about this build without starting from scratch - but after I'd figured everything out that only took me about ten minutes :)

I also took the opportunity to expand the build just a little bit - in width by 3 tiles (hence the new dormer) and in depth by just two.

Here it is in its 'naked' form :lol:
    Screenshot-7-8.jpg

And all dolled up -
    Screenshot-8-7.jpg

I'm not quite happy with the windows (any suggestions?), but everything else is looking good to me.

The rooms upstairs still have the cool vaulted ceilings.
    Screenshot-13-4.jpg

I've done the floor plans too.
    Screenshot-9-6.jpg

Odessa's art studio is over two floors because I wanted to include the new smelting machine and that is really huge!
    I've put the kitchen, dining, and living rooms all in one big room, because that seems to be quite common with this New England style house, and also because the couple is quite family-orientated, so it will be nice to have everyone in the same room.
    I'm not really happy with the dogs' stuff being near the road side of the house instead of the the fields side of the house, but at least it's by the front door for easy access.
    Screenshot-12-4.jpg
    Screenshot-11-6.jpg

There are four bedrooms (five if you include the one for the dogs!) and 2.5 bathrooms. I made the nursery the largest bedroom so that there is room to pick the children up without that stupid thing happening where they get stuck at the top of the stairs.
    Screenshot-10-6.jpg

I've managed to put the front porch exactly in line with where the sun rises, which is pretty lucky given that I only had a vague idea of where that would be! The porch is too small for furniture but perhaps I could but some seating in front of it. (I've switched my lighting mod to burnt waffles Blue Skies - I was using her Oasis Landing/Roaring Heights blend before I the sunrises & sunsets just weren't right for me.)
    Screenshot-17-2.jpg

At other times of day, the best view is from the space that will be a seating area - the one with the outdoor fireplace.
    Screenshot-14-5.jpg

I somehow missed that there is a gigantic rock just outside the lot! :shock: Oh well, I don't think it affects things too much.
    Screenshot-16-3.jpg
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    glad you fixed it...

it looks very nice, wonder how you are going to decorat the kids room
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm so glad you fixed it! It looks great!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    amazing!
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Amazing GreenCats! :shock: :D
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Anette, Trees, ceejay & simhead!

@Anette - Haha, yeh I'm wondering that too! It's a weird shape, isn't it? It's also hard because I'm not building it for a particular sim, just for whatever children Odessa and Ty might have in the future. But it will be fun to figure it all out :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am pleased that you were able to fix your roof! :) It is great news to read ! The layout of the home looks great! It is great that Odessa's art studio is over two floors and that you are including the glass blowing item in the build.
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow what an ambitoius project and it seems to be coming along nicely :D

The roof work on your two moderns and your latest build is phenomenal. What a fun and unique design for the roofing on that last inspiration house, which you recreated it beautifully.

In the criminal dive bar, I also love how you cas'd the fabric on the one painting to make it look like a dusty sheet. I know it's something minor but I thought it was really clever. Little touches like that add a lot of depth to a room.

Im looking forward to seeing how this progresses :D
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Thank you Anette, Trees, ceejay & simhead!

@Anette - Haha, yeh I'm wondering that too! It's a weird shape, isn't it? It's also hard because I'm not building it for a particular sim, just for whatever children Odessa and Ty might have in the future. But it will be fun to figure it all out :)

you really have no free 3 squar there... so I find putting a bed there very hard.... unless you block the way to 1 window... but then maybe have the bedtable to that site of the bed... + some deco toys....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited June 2014
    I'm so happy to hear you fixed the roof! It's coming along great!

Oh yes, Sierra is hilarious, I haven't laughed so hard in game in quite awhile. Poor Sage, tho, was so embarrassed when Sierra plopped her bag in front of the movie theater.

• sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my! I am loving the new build GC! It is gorgeous! I eagerly anticipate more progress pics! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    So glad you figured out a fix for your roof! Everything is looking great. What is wrong with the windows? They look fine to me.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2014
    Another amazing build, I love the roof you decided on.

I can't wait to see more.

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ah! :D It is great to hear that you fixed the roof! That vaulted ceiling looks truly amazing! :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    @Rose - Thank you! It's a really great object, and will be useful for smelting the metals the dogs find :)

@Fischio - Hello and thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your kind words - I just checked out your own thread and they mean even more coming from someone with your cfe chops 8) I'm so glad you picked up on the dusty cloth! It's always so nice when someone notices the little things :)

@Anette - I thought about what you said, and you're right, there wasn't enough space, so I worked out a way to expand the room a little. I had to lower the ceiling just a tiny fraction - not even the height of a foundation, and not enough to cause any routing issues.
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    Screenshot-4-10.jpg

Also, while I was up there, I noticed the room has a lovely view :)
    Screenshot-9-7.jpg

@Venus - Thanks! It sounds like Sage has her hands full with her little sister :lol:

@Sherry - Thank you :) I have made a little progress. I wanted a fence that would give the family privacy from the neighbours beside them but not obscure the sea view, so I made a custom one using MOO, Debug Enabler, and yet more cfe. As you can see, the seating area is not finished yet, but I've started to decorate it in a colourful, Indian-inspired style to reflect Odessa's playful personality and love of travel.
    Screenshot-6-10.jpg

I also made a small harvestable garden for Ty, with two grape plants, two tomato plants, and an omni plant - all perfect quality, of course.
    Screenshot-5-11.jpg

@Zoo - Thanks so much for your support! The windows under the gables were just looking a little small to me I think, so I added shutters and I am much happier with them now :) (If the colours look different it's just because I took the picture at a different time of day.)
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg

@🐸🐸🐸🐸 - Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm loving this build GC!
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited June 2014
    Again another cute build GC!! Adorable!! :)
    edited June 2014
    Thanks yanti, trees, & duyguugudur!

Over lunch I changed the fence, added flowers and gates, and placed a treehouse (which I have yet to test).

Do the wildflowers look ok? I've never used them like this before, but they're just so different from the other flowers that they didn't look right mixed in with them.

Screenshot-3-10.jpg
    Screenshot-4-11.jpg
    Screenshot-6-11.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Another gorgeous build GC! I think the garden looks great, although I'm probably not the one to ask :lol:

Screenshot-3077_zps51c2a1ca.jpg

Yep Sage does have her hands full with her little sister (of course, lil sis isn't so lil anymore, she's taller and bigger!). Sage is now dating a Uni townie, Kyle Heilman, and they're actually moved in together. Sierra, on the other hand, has gone on two disastrous dates with guys who asked her out (she came back from prom with a red heart next to a girl's picture)

Screenshot-3518_zpsb747829f.jpg

That was Sage's reaction to Sierra's movie theater incident.