Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Barnacle Bay Makeover *Closed*

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your sims and their pets are delightful! :D Specially the german shepard is gorgeous! Both the versions! Great CASing! Love your sims family too. Recommended all and added them to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi,

Thought I would share my own experience regarding the potential orphan problem. I play with Nraas SP too and find it treats the animals the same as children by finding them homes. However, it is doubtful they will all end up in the same home.

I am not sure what will happen though if you have SP at it's default setting of rigorous home inspection and you don't have stables or pet beds in other homes.

I only play with pets in Appaloosa plains and therefore know most homes can accommodate pets under Nraas conditions.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to commend you on your work.

Utterly brilliant!

I'm truly hoping you will eventually build the third house in the pictures above as that is my favourite.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Yanti - Thank you! The German shepherds are by LittleV. If you follow the link in the post, you'll be able to find many other of her amazing dogs and horses in her studio :)

@sawdust - Thank you very much for that information. There will be a few other families with pet supplies, so perhaps the animals will be put there. I don't mind too much if they're not together so long as they go to a good home :) Thanks also for your kind words about my creations.

I really like the third house too. I'm actually having a stab at the fourth house. All I've done so far is a very rough 'concept model' for the carriage house part, mainly focusing on trying out fiddly new cfe tricks.

Screenshot-48.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not sure whether I'll be able to go ahead with it because the turret is very obviously too large. I've tried to balance it out by adding that bit at the top of the main part, but I think it looks ugly. Unfortunately this is the smallest those kinds of roof go and I can't scale the rest of the building up without running out of space on the lot, so I'll either have to cut the turret out or abandon this design until I have a larger lot.

So that third house might be back on the table!

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited June 2014
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is so cute! Oooooooooh! I love that turret! :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    I've ameliorated the proportions issue on the carriage house. It's still looking quite messy to me though. I'm going to start work on the main house and then see if I'm still unhappy with it.

Screenshot-18-2.jpg
    Screenshot-20-2.jpg
    Screenshot-16-4.jpg
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, Rose. You are so kind. I was having serious doubts about it but I feel better now. I've changed the layout to allow the horse access from front and back.
    Screenshot-2-24.jpg
    Screenshot-3-21.jpg

I built an extension to accomodate the new layout. (The turret is still there on the other side; you just can't see it in this picture.)
    Screenshot-49.jpg

A view of the sea from the small balcony.
    Screenshot-4-20.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, Rose :)

I've now built the main building and feel much happier with everything.
    Screenshot-20-3.jpg
    Screenshot-25-2.jpg
    Screenshot-21-1.jpg
    Screenshot-24-2.jpg

Views of the fields and town.
    Screenshot-19-3.jpg
    Screenshot-17-4.jpg
    Screenshot-18-3.jpg
    Screenshot-15-3.jpg
    Screenshot-22-1.jpg

Overhead.
    Screenshot-23-3.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I am glad that you are more happy with your build now that you have built the main building. It is looking great! :) The dormers and the balcony look great! Very nice skies in the pictures! The clouds look so nice!
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really love the layout of the house! It is such a beautiful build! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Rose & Sherry!

I finished the landscaping. It's really starting to come together I think :)

Screenshot-2-25.jpg
    Screenshot-15-4.jpg
    Screenshot-3-22.jpg
    Screenshot-4-21.jpg
    Screenshot-16-6.jpg
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your new build is coming along nicely :mrgreen:

How did you get your roof to look that way?
    edited July 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    Your new build is coming along nicely :mrgreen:

How did you get your roof to look that way?

Thanks! Which part of the roof?
    edited July 2014
    The landscaping looks great! It looks great how you have done the circles pathway. Very nice how you have done the flowers along the edge of the front of the home. The colours and type of the flowers suits the home well. The fields look great! It looks great how you have placed the haybales. Great terrain painting.
    The build is looking very nice :)
    edited July 2014
    Also, I checked and the horse can through the gap in the fence into the fields :)
    Screenshot-17-5.jpg

(He's the black blur by the tree - sorry, the picture is not very high resolution!)
    edited July 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The landscaping looks great! It looks great how you have done the circles pathway. Very nice how you have done the flowers along the edge of the front of the home. The colours and type of the flowers suits the home well. The fields look great! It looks great how you have placed the haybales. Great terrain painting.
    The build is looking very nice :)

Thanks so much! I always struggle with landscaping so your encouragement means a lot :mrgreen:
  • gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love this new build. I am looking for a farm type building at the moment and this looks wonderful.

You put so much effort and thought into your builds and they come out looking fantastic. Each new build seems to surpass the last one, I have downloaded and rec'd nearly every house you have created for your makeover, they will fit into quite a few worlds perfectly.

After looking at your builds, it always encourages me to go and try something new, not always successfully but I keep trying. I wish I could get my roof to look like yours!

Brilliant as usual :)

edited July 2014
    Almost forgot the bike racks! Here will do fine.
    Screenshot-18-4.jpg
    edited July 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    I love this new build. I am looking for a farm type building at the moment and this looks wonderful.

You put so much effort and thought into your builds and they come out looking fantastic. Each new build seems to surpass the last one, I have downloaded and rec'd nearly every house you have created for your makeover, they will fit into quite a few worlds perfectly.

After looking at your builds, it always encourages me to go and try something new, not always successfully but I keep trying. I wish I could get my roof to look like yours!

Brilliant as usual :)

🐸🐸🐸🐸, thank you so much for this. This is such a wonderful thing to hear and very kind of you. I am so flattered you like my builds, and delighted that they inspire you!

I do try to experiment with new techniques with each build :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2014
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love the gambrel roof! I can never get mine to look like that! How did you make yours look so good?!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited July 2014
    LOVE IT, GC!! If *I* had a house like that, I would surely love playing in it!

Good Job!! :thumbup:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello GreenCats (^.^)/ *waves* I very rarely use BB as it is a wee bit 'dull' but I totally love what you have done with it! :thumbup: The building styles and families you have added are a good choice, well done, it is obvious that a lot of hard work, effort and time have gone into your remake :) I hope you have a happy day today :)
    rnKEhBT.png