Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eyelashes?

Has anyone noticed any male sims with eyelashes? I can't seem to find any? It looks like maybe only women get them? I hope I just can't see them.

Comments

• Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have not seen any eyelashes on the male sims. Pretty disturbing if you ask me :shock:
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited May 2014
    You know what I hadn't noticed until you said, but i've just check and yes you're right, not one eyelash to be seen.... Very strange. :?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, that is slightly disappointing. Their poor naked lids. I was looking to see if/how it was possible to adjust the length of the women's lashes when I realized I hadn't seen lashes on men whatsoever. I haven't found a way to adjust them for the women yet, either, but some do seem to have longer ones.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited May 2014
    I can see eyelashes on them. They're just very small compared to the females. At least on the guru's avatars I can see a darker line above their eyes. Could just be a shadow, but i don't know.
    edited May 2014
    Can you show me which one you saw them on? I'm not having your luck.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I noticed that and it bothers me. I like men with long eyelashes.
    But those sims don't have real eyelashes anyway, the women only have some kind of eyeliner that came straight from the sixties.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone noticed any male sims with eyelashes? I can't seem to find any? It looks like maybe only women get them? I hope I just can't see them.

I have watched the new one several times. I don't see any eyelashes on the males either. I have even paused it in different intervals because I wanted to see other things but after I read your post earlier, you are right, I can't find them either.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2014
    You know what, i think it is just the upper eyelid i'm seeing. Maybe it's adjustable or something?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    You know what, i think it is just the upper eyelid i'm seeing. Maybe it's adjustable or something?

Wonder if the thickness of the lashes are adjustable like in TS2? I had to reduce all those so I could use CC eyelashes on most my Sims in that game, even the males after playing a vanilla game a few years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2014
    The eyelashes (or lack thereof) are really disappointing. No lower lashes either...again?
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Jessa
    Just checked out the new CAS Trailer and the male sims from the studio staff seem to have eyelashes, Mathew, Federico and Martin. :D
    xox Folly
    edited May 2014
    I just saw this picture and it looks to me that each preset eye has it's own style of eyelashes, and one eye choice doesn't have any. Unless it's the shadow i'm seeing again, i think there are eyelashes in the male category. But that's just my guess.

ztGnKgA7jss.jpg

v3Tvk5Q4sZA.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Folly & keFUNKNEY, It does look like they have lashes! In that CAS of guys eyes, it kind of looks like lashes but also does look like shadowing, but more like lashes. I really like the eye choice for the males second up from the bottom on the right, others too but that one most for me.
  • Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ah, I see what you mean! I was also stressing about the lack of lash on males, lol. Thanks for those pics, keFUNKNEY. I've been to the site and took a close-up look, and yeah - each eye has a different style of lashes - especially the women. I'm guessing since we can now create any eye shape possible, we just pick which style of lash we would like our Sims to have. Cool!

And thanks to Folly, too - went and had another, slowed down look at the trailer and those three Gurus do indeed have lashes to bat! Feeling much better about that particular niggle, now :)
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Wow! I had no idea that's how nature works! :o I feel so enlightened!
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
    Arnoldson wrote: »
    The eyelashesman are gays. Normal men do not have long, thick eyelashes.
    1. "Normal" men?
    2. Jake Gyllenhaal, George Clooney, Tobey Maguire, Kurt Cobain, Joaquin Phoenix.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Arnoldson wrote: »
    The eyelashesman are gays. Normal men do not have long, thick eyelashes.

Many men naturally grow longer eyelashes than women, for example my natural eyelashes are so long my girl friend says she's jealous of them :v

get outta here with that lmao

reviving an almost 2 year old thread with something as silly as that, smh
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Any man can have long eyelashes. Just like some men have more body hair than others. It is all genetics.
    By the way, my husband has beautiful enviable long eyelashes as well. Fortunately for my daughter he passed them on :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    By the way, my husband has beautiful enviable long eyelashes as well. Fortunately for my daughter he passed them on :p
    Same. I use mine for mascara try outs when i go on binge buys. I am extremely jealous, they're not very long, but super thick. Also, don't tell him I told you that :D
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    My mother and sister always used to say that they were jealous of my long eyelashes.. never appreciated it though, lol. That being said, I'd rather have long eyelashes than ones that are barely there.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I have long eyelashes :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Mine are kinda long. But wouldn't consider myself normal, so that's fine.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    My nephew would beg to differ, his beautiful eyelashes over those big brown eyes is why girls run after him.
    This is a necro thread but I have to dispel that poster's notion. SMH
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Everyone in my family has very long lashes. Mine scrape against my sunglasses when I blink, it's quite annoying. Anyway, I once caught my youngest brother trying to cut his eyelashes with scissors. He was 10 or 11 at the time, and said he hated how long they were.

It baffles me they did not give us more choices for males and females in the game. I don't see why there should be any options available only to one.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png