Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing due to needed updates, but it is fully updated.

First of all, thank you to anyone who has suggestions for me. I haven't done much posting, but I have used this forum to fix my game many times!

I recently had to reinstall my game and all expansions because we had a computer virus that forced us to go back to the original factory specs and reinstall everything. The virus is now gone. When I reinstalled the game I patched up to 1.67 as required. The game ran fine for over a month and many, many hours of game play. Suddenly it has started crashing. I used Mod the Sim's Game Crash Analyzer to look at the xcpt files and it says "Warning: Game Updates Available." The game will run for anywhere from a half-hour to 1:30 before it crashes and this has now happened 5 times in a row. The launcher says my game is fully patched. I did have one DEP crash a while back, but I followed the instructions to take care of that problem.

I have a 6-core HP system with 10 GB of memory and a decent AMD video card (can't remember which one, but we bought it to run this game specifically because it was powerful enough to handle it). I am running MasterController, Overwatch, and DebugEnabler because without them I basically can't play or sometimes even load my game. I have all of the EPs and most of the stuff packs. The only other content I have is Sims 3 Store content.

I am currently downloading the manual patch, but am a little concerned about running it when the game seems to think it is patched, so I am backing up everything first.

Any ideas on what to try from here?

*edited to add a few missing details that might make a difference.
a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!