Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More appliances: mini fridges / freezers / commercial appliances

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
While trying to build a Sim version of my home I realized that the game lacked some of the appliances I needed-- such as an upright freezer. I then started thinking about more appliances that would look cool in an appliance store in a mall venue or shopping center or something. Perhaps handy sims could fix or upgrade appliances for other sims and/or sell ones that had been upgraded or something along those lines. Inventor sims could invent new appliances and sell them.
They could also be used in restaurants or in the homes of Sims that do a lot of cooking.

So my suggestions are:
* Upright freezers
* Chest freezers
* Commercial freezers
* Merchandise freezers
* Mini freezers
* Mini fridges / undercabinet fridges
* Drawer style refrigerators
* Appliances disguised as other furniture
* Portable coolers/ice chests
* Pantries

Freezers could be used for longer-term storage of perishable goods. Things that would normally go bad in the fridge can last longer in the freezer. If something stays in too long or if it is a poor quality freezer there could be a chance of the item coming out freezerburned-- which could give a negative moodlet when Sims eat the item. Microwaves would have the added function to thaw frozen food.

Mini fridges could be in man-caves, garages, college dorm rooms, or pretty much anywhere that a Sim would want to access cold sodas or some fruit/snacks.

Portable coolers could have perishable items stored inside them and then be carried with Sims. So meals and other things that would spoil in a sim's inventory can last longer without spoiling.

Pantries could be used to store food and cooking items that do not need to be refrigerated-- things such as flour, preserves, etc. I could have sworn we had the ability to make preserves/jam and jar them in Sims 2 but I don't remember clearly anymore. If Sims could put some things in cans and/or jars, they could be stored in the pantry. Rice is another thing that could be stored there. To save time when getting out ingredients, a Sim wouldn't necessarily need to go to both pantry and fridge to get things out-- they could shortcut and go to one or the other. Having a pantry could add to the enjoyment of the food / quality of the meal / and/or hunger rating.

This is the kind of freezer I have:
tumblr_n57wsr8mSD1qku51so1_400.png

More upright freezers:
tumblr_n57wsr8mSD1qku51so2_400.png
tumblr_n57wsr8mSD1qku51so3_r1_400.png

Chest freezers:
tumblr_n57y7ym8xP1qku51so1_400.png
tumblr_n57y7ym8xP1qku51so2_500.png

Commercial freezers (including mdse freezers for displaying food):
tumblr_n57ydemVqS1qku51so3_400.jpg
tumblr_n57ydemVqS1qku51so1_400.jpg
tumblr_n57ydemVqS1qku51so2_400.jpg

Mini freezers:
tumblr_n57xs8gSZ81qku51so1_400.png
tumblr_n57xs8gSZ81qku51so2_400.jpg

Mini fridges:
tumblr_n580ddAAli1qku51so2_400.png
tumblr_n580ddAAli1qku51so3_400.png
tumblr_n580ddAAli1qku51so4_400.png
tumblr_n580ddAAli1qku51so5_400.png

Fridge drawers/undercounter fridges:
tumblr_n580ddAAli1qku51so1_400.jpg
tumblr_n580itBRnK1qku51so1_400.png
tumblr_n580itBRnK1qku51so2_400.png

Disguised/hidden mini fridges:
tumblr_n58ats7hAo1qku51so1_400.png
tumblr_n58ats7hAo1qku51so2_400.jpg

Disguised fridge drawers:
tumblr_n58azv8a5J1qku51so1_400.jpg

Coolers/ice chests:
tumblr_n58chzvqsl1qku51so2_400.pngtumblr_n58chzvqsl1qku51so1_250.jpg
tumblr_n58chzvqsl1qku51so3_400.jpg

(continued in next post)

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited March 2015
    More hidden (or less obvious) refrigerators: (note: I learned that they are called "custom panel" because they allow you to put custom panels of various cabinetry styles on them)
    tumblr_n58d79i7ke1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58blkh8T01qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n5a3n2eAKs1qku51so1_r2_400.png
    tumblr_n58lka1NtM1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58lt4oxZf1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lnt7stfUhX1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

Another hidden refrigerator drawer:
    tumblr_n58de1FoDB1qku51so1_400.jpg

Hidden dishwasher:
    tumblr_n58d9cWMe11qku51so1_400.jpg

Drawer Dishwasher:
    tumblr_n58mkftPzS1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58mnyIqIn1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58mzd1WYw1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n58mtq3BWu1qku51so1_400.jpg

Remember how we had a pantry in Sims 2? We could use it to store food so we wouldn't have to pay to make meals. Perhaps it could be part of a Sim's fallout shelter or saving up provisions during winter. For Sims 3, maybe it could store dried fruit (dried bananas chips, raisins, prunes, etc), nuts, and other goods that don't need to be kept cold.
    tumblr_n58o3nwObI1qku51so1_400.png

But it doesn't need to look only like that. It could be another style of standalone cabinet:
    tumblr_n58nok1qXp1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58nw5WXbp1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58nzjiw8N1qku51so1_400.jpg

Or even a pull-out style shelf/drawer:
    tumblr_n58nupGPlU1qku51so1_400.jpg

Alternatively for larger homes perhaps the pantry could be a walk-in closet designated either by a room marker or an object such as a shelf. Or it could be a walk-in object like the elevator.
    It could be disguised to look like other cabinetry:
    tumblr_n58ne0aXMW1qku51so1_r1_400.png
    tumblr_n58n6uZ1Uz1qku51so1_400.jpg

More objects include a hanging microwave. It could be placed over a stove as well. I'm not sure how child Sims would be able to interact with it, but it could be in homes where children are not allowed to cook or there aren't any children-- although I suppose as a fix they could pull a stepstool out of nowhere and climb up.:
    tumblr_lnt64jEQ5Y1qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lnsx8jQph81qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

Range hoods that are built in to a cabinet:
    tumblr_lnsxklGI851qhfuqwo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lnt5xx7ZB51qhfuqwo1_400.jpg

Decorative range hood covers- because that vent pipe is just ugly:
    tumblr_n58cwwRBPR1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58cy3MvsT1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58czft8JK1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n58d2egkHW1qku51so1_400.jpg

More ideas on kitchen objects are in my thread Hanging microwaves & other kitchen objects

For low-tech or eco friendly Sims, they could have a mortar and pestle instead of a food processor:
    tumblr_lntunoP9Ku1qhfuqwo1_250.jpg
    Post edited by Suceress on
    edited May 2014
    For child-friendly Sim homes, perhaps there could be under-counter microwaves
    tumblr_n58psasw1r1qku51so1_400.jpg

I added more pictures in my aforementioned thread about hanging microwaves.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited May 2014
    I remember having commercial fridges in market community lots at Thesims2. There was also a mini-fridge with Apartment (Or was it university ?)
    jr73Y.gif

edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    I remember having commercial fridges in market community lots at Thesims2. There was also a mini-fridge with Apartment (Or was it university ?)

I vaguely recall the commercial fridges from Sims 2. I do remember the mini-fridge. I believe it was from University, but I'm not certain.

There is some sort of mini-fridge from the Outdoor Living set, but I would like more options and some variety.

And while we're at it, front-load washing machines!! It drives me batty that we have front-load dryers but not washing machines. I know that Sims use top-load to shake the soap into it, but they could just use the drink pouring animation and have a soap tray that pops out on the front.

Also, pedestals for the washers and dryers to sit on would be great. My laundry ideas are here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/226129.page
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited May 2014
    great ideas l would love those as well and in term of laundry i would love workable washers and dryers looking like these

dg2iv8.jpg

the picture also includes some appartment size washers and dryers
    and like this

2ef6qfo.jpg

more modern set

2mwwhox.jpg

and portable dishwashers:

like this model

j5jyps.jpg

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:

There was a mini fridge in the sims 3 university.
    edited May 2014
    The portable dishwashers would be neat. That's the kind I have-- although I basically use it as a drying rack because it doesn't clean very well so I have to handwash everything and then just cram it into the dishwasher so it can drip dry.

Thanks for the info on the mini-fridges. I don't have University just yet.
  • moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    I def def love the cupboard fridge-freezer!!! I would love those in the game also the mini-frige and freezer are quite useful! (I know mini-fridges are available in TS3 Uni) But for this game they would be great too~

If shops aren't rabbit holes (really hopes) then I would love to see the clear fridges for the corner shop, café, bar and supermarket~ I'd feel like I was on a food hunt with my Sims! :mrgreen:aaahhh future gameplans hehehe
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would definitely love to have a pantry to store dry goods... loved that feature in Sims 1. Also, Sims 3 gave us a baker's oven for the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery. I want that included too, as well as a mini fridge to get yummy drinks from. Other than that, I don't want fridges to be too extravagant o.O Washer and dryer were too annoying and frustrating to deal with :/
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

edited May 2014
    EzeliaStarpuff, you have a nice name. I like to have all sorts of different style fridges for different style homes.
    I just recently discovered that there are corner fridges:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/691400.page
    tumblr_n5ir05i99q1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n5ipumoSws1qku51so1_400.jpg
    tumblr_n5iq2rX7ZD1qku51so1_500.jpg

I have a whole thread on laundry http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/226129.page

I know that it can be a pain, but its so much easier in game than in real life. At least in the game I can make my Sims pick stuff up. I currently live with two people who dump their laundry on the floor all over the house and don't pick it up. I have a bad back, so it is literally a pain to pick it all up and to do laundry. Plus my laundry room is awful. It's like 61 inches deep and with the doors open on the washer and dryer they are 57 inches deep. I don't have much room to bend over and get stuff out without bumping in to the wall.

Washing machines that have coin slots so Sims would have to pay would be nice at community laundromats.
    Ooh, this got transferred over from the old forums. I'd like to see these incorporated in Sims 4.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    I'd like the return of the toaster oven, and they could throw in some plain ol' toasters as well.
    Yeah, Toaster ovens would be very cool. And sometimes a Sim just wants some toast for breakfast. Something quick to make and eat before running out to work. Or they could have an equivalent of poptarts for a quick breakfast.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    And, although not an appliance, to make different styles of kitchens, I think it would be great to add one of those kitchen windows that older houses used to have, but make it so the sims can actually access the food plates through the windows.
    Oh absolutely! I actually suggested that in one of my posts somewhere.. I have a LOT of suggestion posts from the old forums and the glassless windows were on the list. My sister has one of those right above her kitchen sink. She can actually watch TV while standing in her kitchen rinsing dishes or preparing stuff over the sink. I know in some places they have a little bar along the other side of the window with stools so people can sit there and eat.
  • GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    Yes to all of this. You spend so much time making food and stuff anyway, it should have a lot more to it! :p I love appliances and I wish we could see more of them in sims game, getting dishwashers, and washing machines for clothes is great
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Love the freezer idea! And if they ever introduce canning and preserving to go with the garden, a pantry would be a perfect match. Plus I find it silly to be getting cereal out of the fridge all the time.

Toasters are a no brainer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    luthienrising, I would love it if they added canning and preserves. I'm hoping that they will add most if not all of the stuff from Sims 3 although I hope its not all in small portions via DLC because I have satellite internet with bandwidth restrictions.

I'll have to find more pics of toaster ovens and such at some point.
  • BobF4BobF4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Mini appliances (fridges, washer/dryer sets, etc) would come in handy when creating an English-style kitchen. The British sitcoms I love (Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By) all show under-counter fridges and appliances.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2015
    LOL! I just don't get why our Sims need a huge upright freezer. Are they planning on stowing a body in there???? :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Yes to everything! But first of all we need dishwashers/ trash compactors :) I love your idea of having pantries...I hope we can build our own and really customize! We should totally be able to store dry foods in there....because who puts cereal in their refrigerator? I also would love to see double stoves, wall ovens/ double ovens/ wall microwaves, as well as a plethora of smaller appliances that I'm really hoping we can store in the kitchen cabinets themselves (they'll act like treasure chests in TS3 WA, they'll be completely optional and you'll be able to drag and drop appliances in and out of the cabinets to place on the counter, and if you click on an individual cabinet you'll be able to see what's in it. Sims should automatically take the correct appliances out of the counters/ cabinets to use when directed to prepare a certain recipe by clicking on the refrigerator.... I'm sick of having all the appliances on the countertops, I'll take my panini press out of my cabinet when I need it!). Some ideas for small appliances:

- blender and juicer
    - imersion blender to make soups
    - food processor (bonus: make baby food in tiny little jars!)
    - panini press
    - slow cooker
    - deep fryer
    - ice cream/ frozen yogurt maker (we have to use our huge upright freezer somehow!)
    - fondue pot
    - margaritaville!
    - kitchenaid type mixer
    - wok for stir fry/ chinese dishes (I'm hoping we can have different types of cuisines like chinese, italian, greek, etc and be able to open different types of restaurants)
    - food dehydrator (let us dry herbs and fruits to bottle and store in our pantry!)
    - canning equipment (make canned goods to store in our pantry)
    - toaster

Other things I really want:
    - a special stove/ oven that allows you to cook normal recipes + anything from the cupcake machine. I really don't want to have the cupcake machine in my normal sim house
    - fancy indoor double stove with a built in grill or griddle
    - lunchboxes that you can pack + assign to specific sims....kids take it to school and grownups take it to work to fulfil their hunger need, so you won't feel terrible if your sims didn't finish breakfast in time. It would be nice to have one of these when you want to spend the day collecting or fishing as well
    - the ability to experiment and come up with new recipes, like a mini game where you can pick up to 5 ingredients and you choose the method of preparation (bake, stew, fry, deep fry, saute, grill, etc....). Either your sims comes up with something new and yummy or they make yuckeroni. They can blog about the new recipes they make, and if they become really popular, they can have their own cooking show! If your sim has his/her own show, they get a reputation boost to their restaurant if they open one or own an existing one

• ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I've always wanted those refrigerators that have the same design as the cabinets and counters. That'd be a nice addition to the game.
    original.gif
    Pammiechick, upright freezers are pretty handy. It would be nice if you want to re-create the look in a certain home. Right now my stove isn't working so we get a lot of frozen stuff that we heat up in the microwave.

I agree that ovens/stoves should be able to make cupcakes.

Turtlez98, I found out that the name of those appliances with the same design as the cabinets are called "custom panel". Basically they are designed to allow you to slip on cabinet panels to match the rest of your kitchen. Some of the dishwashers have their controls hidden under the handle or on the top.

agent_bev, I love the idea of lunchboxes. Maybe there can even be thermoses to carry soup or warm beverages too. It would be nice if Sims didn't have to stand to fish-- like if they could set up a stool or chair and fish and take sips of a drink while they are sitting there with the pole in their hands-- and they can spill their drink if they get a bite while drinking. They could have coolers or something to store the fish.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I'd love the 'hidden' ones, plus trash compactors (I'm using mods for both atm, the fridge one is just a fridge that looks like the cabinets but a proper one hidden in cabinets would be awesome.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    There are uhm coolers in the GP they released :o...
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top