Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Holidays

I think it'd be really cool if they somehow implemented more universal holidays in the sims 4. They kind of did that in the sims 3 seasons, but it wasn't particularly as in depth as I wanted them to be. Well at least for snow day. They were all wonderfully done. I just think snow day wasn't as vibrant.

I know sometimes it can be hard considering, not everyone celebrates certain holidays, for example. Christmas, not everyone celebrates it, but they could implement some other ones like Hanukkah, and many others. (but considering sims don't have a particular religion, I don't think most players would mind if they focus more on it being really festive, like Christmas, since it's such a big holiday.)

The thing I didn't like about the sims 3 seasons, is they took a lot of options out, and that especially goes for Christmas (snow day) I think the name change should have been enough to give them more freedom to make it a bit more festive and fun. (Especially with the decorations, in real life, tons of Christmas decorations go up around towns, malls (well stores in general), houses, and many more.

I'd also like other holidays, like say, mothers day and fathers day, ect. Can't think of any at the moment, so I'll leave that up to you guys to suggest holidays you'd like to see! :) (Or any ideas about holidays in general)

Anyways in general, I'd like all the holidays to have more depth to them. (Including interactions, decorations, etc.)

Edit: I definitely think the sims 3 seasons was a great expansion, I guess I should have pointed out that more or less of this, is about snow day, since I'm kind of a big Christmas freak.

Comments

• Options
    lollipop9266lollipop9266 Posts: 25
    edited May 2014
    Accidently quoted myself and I'm not sure how to delete replies, so just ignore this. :)
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited May 2014
    Personally I think the holidays from sims 3 seasons have a lot of depth, they have specific interactions and different decorations / activities for each festival. In fact it's one of only 2 expansion packs that actually exceeded my expectations for sims 3; the other was Supernatural.

Also with the shortness of the different seasons, i'm not sure more holidays would be a good idea, it already feels a bit rushed sometimes. I just think that adding more holidays would devalue the current ones, as it would feel like every other day was a holiday.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Personally I think the holidays from sims 3 seasons have a lot of depth, they have specific interactions and different decorations / activities for each festival. In fact it's one of only 2 expansion packs that actually exceeded my expectations for sims 3; the other was Supernatural.

Also with the shortness of the different seasons, i'm not sure more holidays would be a good idea, it already feels a bit rushed sometimes. I just think that adding more holidays would devalue the current ones, as it would feel like every other day was a holiday.

There's definitely quite a bit a depth and I really love the expansion, :) I was bit too lazy to include that since this post is so long, I'd just like to see more, like in the sims 2. I really liked how they did Christmas. I definitely appreciate the sims 3 seasons, (and it's actually one of my favorite expansions) I just think there could have been so much more, well at least more for Christmas, that was the only holiday I was a bit disappointed in. Maybe a stuff pack, that included more would've helped, like in the sims 2.

I could definitely see what you mean by too many holidays, (I thought about it before I posted this, I guess should have been more consise in my post description) but I do really love seeing holidays in the sims games. :D It's also great to see others opinions on this topic!
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited May 2014
    I want summer- and winterholidays for children :-)
    Those poor children go to school day in and day out, year after year without school holidays..
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sorry if this post sounds ungrateful. :) I really do love the sims 3 seasons. I hope know one thinks, that I'm bashing on it any way. I realized that my post sounds a bit, like I was. I'm really sorry to anyone who thinks that. I hope this post isn't coming off negative, like that. The sims 3 seasons added a lot, I truly love the expansion, and it's definitely my favorite expansion for the sims 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I want summer- and winterholidays for children :-)
    Those poor children go to school day in and day out, year after year without school holidays..

That's a perfect idea! I never even thought of that. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I can't remember if it was snow day or snowflake day. It's been quite a while since I've played the sims 3... :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2014
    In ts2 there was this little add on, it really wasn't an expansion, but a holidays stuff pack with interactions added in too. If I remember correctly, it was the very first of its kind. Anyway, that was so well done. It had all kinds of christmasy stuff and Santa Claus came to the house and gave the kids gifts! The tree was so pretty and you could place Holiday stuff in the yard. I loved it! and still use it occasionally today.

I hope they do a remake of that little pack for 4. It'd be so fun to have those interactions again with Old Saint Nick :lol:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    In ts2 there was this little add on, it really wasn't an expansion, but a holidays stuff pack with interactions added in too. If I remember correctly, it was the very first of its kind. Anyway, that was so well done. It had all kinds of christmasy stuff and Santa Claus came to the house and gave the kids gifts! The tree was so pretty and you could place Holiday stuff in the yard. I loved it! and still use it occasionally today.

I hope they do a remake of that little pack for 4. It'd be so fun to have those interactions again with Old Saint Nick :lol:

I loved that stuff pack! It added so much! :D