Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Enable CYS for Venues (Were being patient, but can a guru please respond?)

Comments

• bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    Clearly EA doesn't believe that we're due anything. I can't help but feel like if the title of this post sounded a little less angry, we might be more likely to get what we want.
    fair enough. It started out a bit nicer, but I went ahead and cleaned it up.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2014
    Personally I think this is a great idea. I know there are a couple of venues I wanted but when the PC went on sale got just that. There are still items in the venue I want...but I have the PC and don't want to pay twice. If the CYS went into effect I'd be a lot more motivated to buy the venues I have the PC from.

I have to admit I'm confused as to why this hasn't already become a thing - though maybe they'd set up a special type of CYS for venues/gold world?
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I know that it's nitpicky but your title should say "We're..." because you mean we are and "were" is a verb. Since Guru is a title, you'd probably catch more flies with "We're being patient, can a Guru please respond?"

I know that many people are not native speakers and English is strange. Maybe the title update will get some attention?

• AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey bflury, thanks for starting this thread. Normally I'm not one to reply to topics asking the Gurus for things but on this occasion I am 100% in agreement with you and think you've suggested some good improvements which could be made. So here is a bump and post of support :)
  • MoonkisssMoonkisss Posts: 138 New Member
    edited May 2014

:(
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited May 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    Every time MMAO offers us the Gold version of a world when we already own the world + Venue combo a fairy Sim loses it's wings, a broody Sim jumps out a window, and a ghost Sim commits suicide... :cry::cry::cry: Stop the insanity!

LOVE this! :thumbup:

Plus it's an excuse to bump ...so bump! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:wink:

• adavidadavid Posts: 18 New Member
    edited May 2014
    :thumbup: :lol:
    edited June 2014

bump
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited June 2014
    69% off Grandpa's Grove on the DD and I caved. Maybe that's as close to CYS as we'll get?
    edited June 2014

wow I got the wind chimes(plus other single items) for 60sp through make me a offer over 80% off :D
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited June 2014
    Bump
  • Kylie33649Kylie33649 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have had to be really cautious about buying things in order to avoid double payment, so definitely keen!

Although it may not be a good thing for my wallet, 'cause if I could spend less time going through everything thoroughly to make sure that I don't accidentally purchase something that's in a set not eligible for CYS, then I'd probably spend it buying more stuff. >.<
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2014
    I definitely agree with this! CYS should be enabled for all venues and sets.
    edited June 2014
    bump
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2014
    And another bump... :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kylie33649 wrote:
    I have had to be really cautious about buying things in order to avoid double payment, so definitely keen!

Although it may not be a good thing for my wallet, 'cause if I could spend less time going through everything thoroughly to make sure that I don't accidentally purchase something that's in a set not eligible for CYS, then I'd probably spend it buying more stuff. >.<

that alone would be an argument for EA as a buisnes to do it... in hopes they sell more :wink:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Kylie33649Kylie33649 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    Kylie33649 wrote:

that alone would be an argument for EA as a buisnes to do it... in hopes they sell more :wink:

Exactly :wink: Though I am being perfectly serious here - it'll probably be almost my entire paycheck spent here each week, haha.
  • Tadster91Tadster91 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes to all of this. Once the premium content is available for individual sale, the venue should be CYS eligible. I also agree with the world issue, especially for MMAO.
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited June 2014
    Bump :)
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited July 2014
    So sad to see this quite a few pages back!
  • hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    Watch me commit thread necromancy. Oh yeah!

When I found this thread buried so deeply, I thought a guru must have answered. I read the whole thing because I wanted to know what they said.

Absolutely nothing!

So obviously the thread isn't done yet.
  • Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really wish, on venues, that if you have the PC, then it would subtract the PC cost off of the venue. I know this may be difficult to code, but it would be nice. A lot of the PC has been released separately over the past couple months. So for example with the Al Fresco. If you buy the Harvest Stand for 500 pts, when you go to the Al Fresco page, it will subtract 500 points off the cost of the venue, since you paid 500 for the stand.

And also for worlds, I wish that if you had the venue, it would reduce the venue cost off of the gold world. Also if you have both the standard world and the PC it would know to give you the green download button to mark it owned, since you do own it.
  • TiabonitaTiabonita Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumped this many times and still nothing :shock: ...will they ever reply? :?
  • VexedVirgoVexedVirgo Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2014
    CYS for venues and worlds, please. Or else...

>;P
  • hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just to make conversation... I wish I could opt out of the MMAO exclusive content. I understand a number of people seem to really want it, for completionism if nothing else, but I find that it uses its expense to ruin otherwise great offers with luxury-priced baseball caps. Seriously?

I'd almost consider buying it just to make it go away. Almost. But knowing MMAO, it would keep offering it anyway. Twice as often.