Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daredevil Hydrophobic Scuba Diving Teen

Daredevil Hydrophobic Scuba Diving Teen: Talk about mood swings!

I built my first dive spot in Barnacle Bay and have been testing it out. So far so good. Had a glitch with one of the caves, but it seems to be working fine now. Anyway...I wanted to share one of those things that make you go: :shock:

Townies showed up at the lot to scuba dive. I have the level set to 2, so they must have already been doing some snorkeling before hand. One teen, Jonah Lai, popped down and while chatting with him (underwater gurgling and sign language), my sim found out Jonah was both a Daredevil and Hydrophobic!

So, I'm thinking, the kid must be scared to death down there, but gets an adrenalin rush out of his own fear! :lol:

original.jpg

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2014
    :lol: That sounds like an oxymoron to me. :lol: Sorry that was the first thing that popped in my mind when I read that last line. :mrgreen:
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oxymoron, definitely. A very confused young man! What surprised me was that a Hydrophobic sim would be swimming at all, let alone scuba diving! They get a big negative moodlet for getting in water like that. I guess townies will brave anything to capture the attention of an active sim. :lol:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited May 2014
    I made a coward mersim sim once and he worked as a lifeguard. Every time he saw a ghost at the beach he fainted. Drowning sims had to wait because the only lifeguard fainted. :lol:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    I made a coward mersim sim once and he worked as a lifeguard. Every time he saw a ghost at the beach he fainted. Drowning sims had to wait because the only lifeguard fainted. :lol:
    That's hilarious! It's amazing how a combo of traits really do make a sim.

Elliot Nest, in RH, has the Grumpy, Brave, Athletic, and Good traits. He's also a police officer with the hidden trait of Can Apprehend a Burglar. Strange enough to be Grumpy and Good, but according to a Sims Wikia note, a sim with the Good trait cannot fight burglars even if he does have the Brave or Apprehend Burglar traits. :shock: So much for Elliot's ability to be a Good Law Enforcer.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited May 2014
    Basically any police officer with the Good trait is rendered useless, and there are a lot of pre-made good police officers. Kind of silly, when you think about it. :P

Back to the topic, "the kid must be scared to death down there, but gets an adrenalin rush out of his own fear!" is probably the best explanation. Genius!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr