Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Pg 6 Current Version; save file TBA) Evermore Falls: An Everything World!

Comments

• Options
    SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    LifeSim wrote: »
    What EP (sims games) do you need for the world to look like this?
    all EPs, all store worlds. If you don't have one of the items the game will take it away and you still can play the game.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Wow! Sandra, it has everything! Congrats! Love the volcano!
  • Options
    @KarilynMonroe2, thank you , I'm glad you like it. I'm waiting until I can get a better computer to finish it. have a great day! :)
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Excited!! this world will be want Ive always wanted, everything in one place. Although I dont have Katy Perry sweet treats and fast lane. I still want to play the world..Thanks for the hard work and cant wait..
  • Options
    @lovlyb Thank you and you are very welcome, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I will be be updating this beta in the near future, I still have a lot to do in order to finish it up right. Have fun!!! :)
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    @SandraKB I download your world yesterday and I have played it and enjoyed it so much. I wanted to Thank you again, its awesome. So many places and things for my Sims to do.

Also when I download the world, I don't understand this but I do know if these trees came from lunar lakes but it loaded in my game. Also some of Katy Perry sweet treats did too, I got a colorful road, marshmallow ground(which looks like snow) and candy sprinkle park looks like.
    I would post a picture but dont know how to on here.
  • Options
    lovlyb wrote: »
    @SandraKB I download your world yesterday and I have played it and enjoyed it so much. I wanted to Thank you again, its awesome. So many places and things for my Sims to do.

Also when I download the world, I don't understand this but I do know if these trees came from lunar lakes but it loaded in my game. Also some of Katy Perry sweet treats did too, I got a colorful road, marshmallow ground(which looks like snow) and candy sprinkle park looks like.
    I would post a picture but dont know how to on here.

Sign up on photobucket.com it is free and then post the link. I am glad you are having fun in Evermore Falls.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @SandraKB-I've got the blank version of this world installed and it did install cleanly and loaded up fine and reloaded fine after I did a little editing in the town and saved my changes.I looks like a great world for playing my legacies in since I love using blank worlds to start them in like this one and Winfield.I seems like it might work as well for me as Gibsons does and that was my first attempt at a CAW project and it does work for the game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @SandraKB-I've got the blank version of this world installed and it did install cleanly and loaded up fine and reloaded fine after I did a little editing in the town and saved my changes.I looks like a great world for playing my legacies in since I love using blank worlds to start them in like this one and Winfield.I seems like it might work as well for me as Gibsons does and that was my first attempt at a CAW project and it does work for the game.

Thank you TadOlson for giving this world a try. be sure to let me know about any problem areas, this is just a beta test run. I still have a lot of things I need fix, and finish the snow on the mountain. Have fun with your legacies and take care.
  • Options
    I'm testing it like I've done with every world I made myself and it's working as well as Gibsons does though it was my first time using CAW.I've been in there three times and it hasn't crashed yet.I'd love for there to be an empty final version without the lots and other versions with lots and houses for us to choose which version we want.I've got two worlds I made without any lots at all and both work very well and are very solid.
  • Options
    I'm testing it like I've done with every world I made myself and it's working as well as Gibsons does though it was my first time using CAW.I've been in there three times and it hasn't crashed yet.I'd love for there to be an empty final version without the lots and other versions with lots and houses for us to choose which version we want.I've got two worlds I made without any lots at all and both work very well and are very solid.

I will have Empty, Basic and Full versions for people to download. :)
  • Options
    I'm interested in empty worlds for legacies because they tend to run better for those games and my town legacy challenge requires you to populate the town and play them like in TS2.I like that you plan on giving us a choice of what version we want.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I took a look at your world. Do you plan on adding bridges or something for Sims to get to the many outlying areas that are separated by water?

I play with Pets installed and the pets constantly taking boats to get to islands has caused lag issues due to the abandoned boats in the past. I try to avoid that sort of situation now.

I love what you've done with the various world areas, just curious about your intentions regarding accessing those areas.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @LokiSimsies I am sorry you are having lag do to pets and not enough bridges in the world. This was how Ashley wanted her world built. The world has bridges for the mainlands. For simmers who don't have boats or IP, I could add sidewalks or bridges to take care of that situation. I will look into the matter and see what I can do without changing to much of the landscaping.
  • Options
    SandraKB wrote: »
    @LokiSimsies I am sorry you are having lag do to pets and not enough bridges in the world. This was how Ashley wanted her world built. The world has bridges for the mainlands. For simmers who don't have boats or IP, I could add sidewalks or bridges to take care of that situation. I will look into the matter and see what I can do without changing to much of the landscaping.

Oh no....not your world is lagging. I haven't play tested your world. I just looked around and noticed no bridges.

I'm talking about EA worlds and watching pets get in boats and then abandoning the boats and they pile up on the shores and cause issues. It's especially bad in places like Twinbrook and Riverview where the water is too shallow (not sure why they use the boats other than it's the most direct route instead of going around to the bridges?).

I'm just concerned that no bridges means they will automatically use boats and cause the same situation.

My apologies for the confusion.
  • Options

Oh no....not your world is lagging. I haven't play tested your world. I just looked around and noticed no bridges.

I'm talking about EA worlds and watching pets get in boats and then abandoning the boats and they pile up on the shores and cause issues. It's especially bad in places like Twinbrook and Riverview where the water is too shallow (not sure why they use the boats other than it's the most direct route instead of going around to the bridges?).

I'm just concerned that no bridges means they will automatically use boats and cause the same situation.

Which download did you get, all bridges were in unless you don't have all ep's and world adventure?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Which download did you get, all bridges were in unless you don't have all ep's and world adventure?

I meant the bridges going to the outlying islands. I got the blank version since I like to do my own building. The bridges on the land are there. I have all EPs/SPs and own the store except one item (the toy shop since I bought Midnight Hollow Standard and not Gold).

I'm going to go into your world a little bit today and take a longer look around.

ETA: I'm having issues placing lots. I can't find many places to put 64x64 lots so I can place the bigger rabbit holes. I'll try your built one and see how that does (demolish the builds and use the placed lots).

ETA2: So I installed the world on page 8 of this thread, it took over 5 minutes to load. I started deleting lots. Got to the Castle Keep and the world crashed. It would not let me delete that lot.

I'll try the basic version. I really want to play in this world but I want preplaced blank lots because I was having such issues finding places to put large lots so I could build up the world. I thought I could use one of the versions that has builds in them and just delete the builds and use the lots.

ETA3: I waited over 10 minutes for the basic version to load, that's just too long. I'm looking for a faster loading world.

It's a beautiful world and it makes me sad that I can't play it. I really loved the idea of having various sections for each of the travel worlds.
    Post edited by LokiSimsies on
  • Options
    I have a cheap low end computer and I can only play in the basic world, and even then I delete have to some venues in order to play it, Ashley has no problems with loading and playing. It will all depend on the performance of a high end versus a low end computer.

The blank world will be hard to place lots where you want them exactly and I knew this would happen and that makes me sad. I still have a lot of work to do on this world and I'm waiting to get a new computer by the summer time.

I am thinking of leaving out some of the venue lots as well, to much activity causes lag also. I will need to take a look at the Castle Keep lot and see what's going on, thank you for letting me know.
  • Options
    Dragon Valley Keep lot, i just tried to remove the lot and it did the same thing to me by shutting down, I have no idea what would cause that to happen. I will have to go into caw in the next couple weeks and check that area out. CAW is so picky!
  • Options
    Dragon Valley Keep lot, i just tried to remove the lot and it did the same thing to me by shutting down, I have no idea what would cause that to happen. I will have to go into caw in the next couple weeks and check that area out. CAW is so picky!

With all the issues I was having, I was afraid it was my computer. I'm glad (but not really lol you know what I mean....I hope) that you also had the crashing when trying to delete that lot.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I would love it if you eventually released a version with empty placed lots. I really want to play in this world but my game time is so limited. I do have a high end computer. I suppose for some a 10 minute load time is fine but it never takes longer than 3 minutes for me to load a brand new save of any world.

Anyways, what you've done has intrigued me. I don't think I've ever seen anybody else include all the destinations worlds into a play world and there are so many possibilities with that inclusion.
  • Options
    I've managed to get lots placed and to even play a family there with some very goofy routing to get to some places they want to visit.It's taking me about 60 seconds or less to load most times and that's usual for a very large world when the game is still fairly new and I'm playing my game loaded with tons of Mods and CC.I got a laggy load once and that's happened one time a long time ago when I loaded Sunset Valley up and it didn't quite load right.The blank version is working well for me with a few routing glitches.
  • Options
    I've managed to get lots placed and to even play a family there with some very goofy routing to get to some places they want to visit.It's taking me about 60 seconds or less to load most times and that's usual for a very large world when the game is still fairly new and I'm playing my game loaded with tons of Mods and CC.I got a laggy load once and that's happened one time a long time ago when I loaded Sunset Valley up and it didn't quite load right.The blank version is working well for me with a few routing glitches.

I didn't have any issues loading the blank version.

I was referring to the full and basic versions, they take a long time to load (longer than I'm willing to endure since I do have a high end computer). If you try to delete the Dragon Keep lot? Your game will crash. You cannot delete the structure that is on that lot.

I can place lots, I just can't place many 64x64 lots where it would make sense to place things like a school and city hall. I tried placing them in the big squares but it would always turn red. I had to place them in the middle of really large squares.

It is a beautiful world and I'm definitely going to revisit it once it is out of beta stage and hopefully some empty lots are placed in the blank version so we can just build on them.

Also, I have read that placing lots will cause issues in your game. Is that still true?
  • Options
    That issue is mostly for those with the edition available at release before World Adventures and mine was an edition released with Pets and I've never had any issues adding lots to worlds unless I got carried away and tried to add dozens without saving in one session.I've got another world called Winfield without lots on starting a game and it's not an issue there.You might be fine with adding lots to a world if your copy of the base game was from after World Adventures or was a later one like mine was.You still have to be careful about making smaller changes in a session and saving after a few lots are added.
  • Options
    That issue is mostly for those with the edition available at release before World Adventures and mine was an edition released with Pets and I've never had any issues adding lots to worlds unless I got carried away and tried to add dozens without saving in one session.I've got another world called Winfield without lots on starting a game and it's not an issue there.You might be fine with adding lots to a world if your copy of the base game was from after World Adventures or was a later one like mine was.You still have to be careful about making smaller changes in a session and saving after a few lots are added.

Thanks, Tad.

I have had the game for about 2 years so I'm in the after WA camp...right?

I kept reading that placing lots causes issues so I've been hesitant to do it. It's a problem in Moonlight Falls because of those dang-blasted parks everywhere. If you try to delete them so you can place something on the lot? The entire lot disappears so you have to place a new lot and I worry that it was causing problems.
  • Options
    @lokiSimsies-You'd be after World Adventures like I am since mine was a Pets release of the base game.I've deleted and replaces lots in EA worlds though I don't get too carries away with doing that because it can cause issues if you edited too much without saving.I just don't make too many changes in EA worlds though you can make more changes in most custom worlds.