Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RELEASED: Angel City, the Successor to Los Aniegos.

Comments

• Options
    vay2009vay2009 Posts: 792 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you coasterboi for taking the time to rework Los Anegios. I always loved that world, but the lagg would always get in the way. Im excited to play this new Angel City. THANKS AGAIN.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited June 2014
    :mrgreen: ( waves)
    Angel City is the first city on the world list in game now. (Genius)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hello friends. My sim has arrived in Angel City!
    wsvaxg.jpg
    Two wonderful apartments to choose from. LOL She better get a job quick!
    2cia1oi.jpg
    See those blacked out windows. NO HIDDEN ROOM MARKERS. GENIUS!
    2cd96l4.jpg
    Totally loving that the Stuff Pack items are being used.
    11s1bsy.jpg
    REAL gas pumps!
    2uz8r4y.jpg
    REAL Hoops!
    2wf7r6w.jpg
    They are even rusted out! Aww, the details 8)
    4qpstu.jpg
    Thank you for adding Fast Lane cars to homes. I could kiss you for all the time you just saved me :mrgreen:

Now I see you said this is version 1. I know no world is perfect but boy yours come so darn close to it :wink: I'm here to help, when I'm not distracted by the glory of it all :lol: (I will add to the list (My Notes) as I find things for ya.

My Notes:
    1. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss for getting rid of Hidden Room Markers. ONLY ONE THING ~ You need to add exit doors to any closed off rooms. Reason=if a player uses mod to "reset" some sims do reset in the blacked out rooms and now there is no exit :cry:

2. The Brown household and the Green household are the same sims with different story. I simply deleted the Green household because I like the college story for the Brown household more :wink:
    Coasterboi says: They're actually two separate households - the family thumbnails just got duplicated/corrupted with some families in the import process. A simple reset of the family thumbnail via Nrass mod should fix them.

3. Crenshaw apartments bathtub is blocked by counter. Will just switch toilet with tub location. no biggie. :wink:
    2ynjy46.jpg

That's it!
    I gotta go play now! kisskisskisskisskiss :oops: :lol:
    Also for those that want more pics see my tumblr page at http://cyberqueen13.tumblr.com/

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just curious. Is there an area for high cost fancy Hollywood homes? :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    cazg1974cazg1974 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for all your hard work, this is the best so far this year, im about to play for more than an hour which is a record for me, and because there is such a vast aray of properties i dont have to spend most my game time building .
    Again thanks so much and congratulations on yet another great world :thumbup:
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited June 2014
    They're actually two separate households - the family thumbnails just got duplicated/corrupted with some families in the import process. A simple reset of the family thumbnail via Nrass mod should fix them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Coasterboi wrote:
    They're actually two separate households - the family thumbnails just got duplicated/corrupted with some families in the import process. A simple reset of the family thumbnail via Nrass mod should fix them.

OMG :oops: Thanks for this info. Will update my post. AND add the family back. I like to play the world as you intended. :-)

Can't thank you enough for this world. I have only played for about 3 sim days because I keep going back and forth to Tumblr to post more pix. It seems to run smooth once you let all npc's spawn then re-open the saved game (my festival lot didn't work till I re-opened the save game from main menu.). All is well now :-)

Your worlds are like wonderful Christmas presents :mrgreen:
  • Options
    YellowOblivionYellowOblivion Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi! I love your worlds! :D I just started playing Angel City and I noticed the bridge between downtown and the lower cost suburb is missing? It's the one that goes into the small neighborhood where the benez sisters live, I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi! I love your worlds! :D I just started playing Angel City and I noticed the bridge between downtown and the lower cost suburb is missing? It's the one that goes into the small neighborhood where the benez sisters live, I think.

2jaxq3p.jpg
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Bridge in question comes with World Adventures.
  • Options
    KotarinaKotarina Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    Coasterboi, please could you give a link to download the city not from the exchange? City seems to contain items from the store, which I have not, and hence it is required to update the game, although I have is the latest version with all the updates. Your Los Angeles I installed without errors, but my computer is too weak to play it without lags. I've been waiting for this remastered... :(
  • Options
    BlueSnowflakes7BlueSnowflakes7 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi. Is this a CC free world?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I CANT GET THIS WORLD TO INSTALL> i practically broke my pc trying to get his world. I keep getting msg to update my software. I have the latest patch. i dont know what else it need. Do u think i need to install PETS for it to work. its the only ep i didnt instll.
    Im about to pull my hair out (Please make sure your game has the latest software updates, and try again.) WHAT DOES THAT MEAN...?
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't seem to find the graveyard. Where is it? I've been trying to find it for a while now & my eyes are hurting from staring at the screen trying to find it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kotarina wrote:
    Please could you give a link to download the city not from the exchange? City seems to contain items from the store, which I have not, and hence it is required to update the game, although I have is the latest version with all the updates. Your Los Angeles I installed without errors, but my computer is too weak to play it without lags: (

Maybe this is WHY MY pc is not installing it either. I dont have alot of the store content. I keep getting a fail install each time i try. PLEASE COASTERBOI can u upload the world on something other than the ea launcher??
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I got the same message when I tried to install it - first I saved the file, then tried to install it. Then, when I got that message, I deleted the file, closed out the launcher, and this time, I clicked on add to game, and it installed. You might try that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I got the same message when I tried to install it - first I saved the file, then tried to install it. Then, when I got that message, I deleted the file, closed out the launcher, and this time, I clicked on add to game, and it installed. You might try that.

OMG THAT WORKED. thanks a bunch. YOUr allowed me to finally go to sleep. LOL. been up for hours trying to figure this out. Thanks again.
  • Options
    KotarinaKotarina Posts: 13
    edited June 2014

Did not help me this way "Add" button is inactive. But thanks anyway. I'll wait for help from Coasterboi.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You're welcome. Hmm....don't know why the add button is inactive for you Kotarina. Well, if anybody finds the Graveyard, please tell me where it is. Still not seeing it.
  • Options
    spikes_skullsspikes_skulls Posts: 15
    edited June 2014
    Whenever I try to install the world it tells me I need to update my game. My game has already been updated to the latest patch and I have all EP's and store worlds needed for this world installed, do you know what the problem could be?
  • Options
    spikes_skullsspikes_skulls Posts: 15
    edited June 2014
    vay2009 wrote:

OMG THAT WORKED. thanks a bunch. YOUr allowed me to finally go to sleep. LOL. been up for hours trying to figure this out. Thanks again.

This worked for me too, thank goodness!
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Coasterboi,

Angel City looks clean and nicely simplified for a beautiful frame rate not to mention a lovely world. Install was easy and it runs quickly, filling in with no lag on my medium level computer. Nice job!

I'm not sure how much feedback you are hoping to receive, but I will offer a couple comments and questions which can make a great world even better and inform the simmers who play the world on some information. I assume you are planning on doing corrections at least once after this version? If not, I am fine, just let us know so we can keep critiques to a minimum.

First thing I noticed is that the Gabriels are both employed as kitchen scullions at the Desert Diner. They were the first household I played in the original Los Aniegos and checking in with them for the view of the world seemed logical. Thank you for giving them neighbors across the street...another interesting family from the beginning...as the previous vacant lot that was there was not very useful, as least for placing a pre-existing lot :)

If you do release another version I do have a request: Can you please release the world as CC-free as always before, and have a link to a package file for the Ferris Wheel decor? While no harm is done, if one wants zero installed cc then it might decrease the download and rec rate of your world. Personally I like to only ever use CC in my package folder (in the Mod folder, for anyone unfamiliar).

I do know that if I were to uninstall the world, that the Decor item (which is lovely) will uninstall too, or at least will when I clean my caches/files which I do after each play session. I just recommend informing and giving an option to isolate the object and use it on an optional basis.

My other question (having just installed Angel City last night, I haven't explored too much) is on the depth and availability of the water. How far can boats travel? (I already assume no houseboats, as no piers for such exist) but the row boats and other private watercraft, I wondered the distance they were allowed. And as for depth, could a creator versed in making a dive lot do so with your water depth levels? This is minor of course, plenty of play exists.

Beautiful world, primarily my hopes are: 1. a separate package file for the Ferris Wheel Decor on the Festival Lot; and 2. employment checks for your households...I haven't checked them all but we know the Gabriels are Actors!

Thank you for reading my post and in advance for any response.

The world is Gorgeous and improved vastly, both in looks and functionality :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I agree, put the Ferris Wheel as a package - I avoid downloading a world with CC in it. Don't like to use CC in worlds I download (especially if it's a Sims3Pack file attached to the world). I took out the Ferris Wheel with Custard (by Delphy at MTS2) Lovely world though. I didn't get a chance to play this world alot, was busy putting some lots in that I wanted. I did notice the diving lot had no name and an apartment building had no name - no biggie though. I named both myself. I also noticed no graveyard (searched till my eyes hurt from staring at my screen). I thought I'd use a small one I have from Belle Vista Late Night by Richdre.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Coasterboi? Why are we missing the WA bridge, when I have world adventures installed? Now there are sims stuck on that side of town with no way to get out. Grrr, Poor simmies. Is there a way to get a bridge download?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    23wlav6.jpg

Playing the world for over 24 hrs now and its wonderful!

95udcl.jpg