This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Can't upload avatar because I can't log into game

I can log into the site and I can download content, but I can't log into the game. The launcher just closes. Have they found a solution to this yet or am I just stuck with this default avatar?

Edited to add: Okay, I chose one of the default avatars so I wouldn't just have this question mark (hopefully it will show up), but I would really like to find a way to use my simself as an avatar.

Comments

• Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    The launcher has been even buggier since 1.67. You have to just keep trying. Eventually your login will take.
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, tamalinn. I'll keep trying.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited April 2014
    The best thing to do to play is to bypass the Launcher. The first thread should give you instructions on how to do so.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Tremayne4260, Does this allow you to upload something to the site? At the moment, I seem to be able to play, although I did get an exception error recently and got kicked out after spending a long time in CAS tweaking a Sim. What I can't do is log in to the game, so I can't upload a Sim for the avatar.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is very common and is asked in countless threads on this forum. As already stated, there is no solution but you will be able to login at some point, it is intermittent.

Did you not read any of the help threads before posting? You would have saved yourself an awful lot of time and bother if you had:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/658546.page
    Not able to login to the Launcher:

This problem is REALLY irritating if you want to upload stuff to the Exchange and I am now experiencing it frequently since updating to patch 1.67. Logging in via the Main Menu screen or going through Options is an option that appears to work but it doesn't seem to carry through to the Launcher. Some suggestions from others have been to clear your internet cache and cookies. All I can recommend is to just keep trying and eventually, after several attempts, you will be logged in.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you, BluebellFlora. I do appreciate all the information you have put out there. I was aware that this was a problem and that some Mac users were being affected by it. I was just hoping that there were some new developments or that someone had found a way around it.

I knew about clearing the cache but had gotten conflicting information about it. I had also heard it mentioned as a possible solution in a number of situations, and even employed it recently during an hour long session with EA in an attempt to change my password. After being given a particularly weak password in an attempt to give me the capability of being able to change it, and being told that after so many attempts I should perhaps let it rest for a while, I went against what they were telling me and tried substituting one symbol for another, and that solved my password problem. It seems that the customer service rep's contention that all symbols are okay may not be correct.

However, my in game login problem is persisting. As I said, I'll keep trying, but I guess there are worse things that could happen than not being able to create my avatar. As of Island Paradise, my game is working. On to Movie Stuff and Into the Future with fingers crossed.