Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Expansion Pack Should I Get Next?

Hey guys,
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where I should put it.
I've only been a simmer for about a year now (I got interest right before Island Paradise came out) so I don't have all the expansions, but have quite a few, and may or may not want all of them. I need help choosing which one to get next, I have 3 in mind but they are all the same price and I obviously cant get all 3 right now, so which one do you think I should get btw this is what I own for Sims 3 (sims3 generations, high end loft, into the future, island paradise, late night, seasons, university life and supernatural)

These are the 3 that are your choices:
1. World Adventures
2. Pets
3. Ambitions

what's your opinion?

Comments

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    edited April 2014
    Tough decision. I like all three of those. Based on what expansions you already have, I don't know, maybe Pets would add something different. ??

World Adventures adds some nice sub-neighborhoods to visit and lots of content to regular worlds even if you don't travel that much. Martial Arts, Nectary, Photography. (I think University Life also added the Photography skill.)
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_World_Adventures

Ambitions adds several self-employment options and the Inventing and Sculpting skills. I like having my sims be self-employed and working at their own pace. New ways of making money.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ambitions

Pets is great for those who like animals. They're fun to create and play with. Adds the unicorn. My households almost always have a pet or two.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Pets
  • tnb494tnb494 Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2014
    thanks, yeah I like pets plus I have the Sims 3 pets on my console and enjoyed it, though I haven't played it since I've gotten the pc game. Any other suggestions?
  • LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2014
    world adventures is definitely my favorite because of the cool items it adds, gives it a real cultural spin. if you use cheats, i think it's loads of fun to travel to these different locations and meet sims there, i'm a traveling nut, maybe that's why i like it. i really love the different items, the karate training, and mummies, it's all really different and fun.

ambitions is great too if you like to focus on careers. you actually get to go and control your sim while they put out fires, hunt ghosts, or design people's outfits and hair for them. you add the tattoo shop, and it adds depth to your game career wise, i really enjoy that.

i never got to use pets because my computer can't handle it. ): i think i would love that one too, it really just depends on what you enjoy personally in your simming experience. (:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've already got Pets and World Adventures and still want to get Ambitions for myself.I've just recently bought University Life and replaced Supernatural and only got Supernatural installed and the other will wait until I finish testing the first one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like Ambitions. I wasn't interested in getting WA because it seems to have a lot of quest stuff, and Pets just seems a little one dimensional.
    imgad2-1.png
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2014
    I tried World Adventures on my friend's Sim game. It was neat with quests and stuff like nectar making, karate, and collecting artifacts, but it just wasn't something I really thought I definitely had to have. :P

Ambitions is neat as it really fleshes out the game with professions in fire fighting, investigating, etc., and they play a major role in the community as well (Well, ghost hunting just turns neighbors' homes into silly places that plays that ghost hunting music or w/e lol).

Pets is one I reeeeally liked having. I enjoy my line of cat ladies who lived lives terrorizing towns with their cats. Even with a family not so enthusiastic about pets, it's still feels very right that the pets exist in the world. Like when a household invites people to a party and for some reason they thought it'd just be dandy to also bring their dog to destroy the furniture! Serious? :/ Or seeing a neighbor's kitten roll around in their home and going AWWWWWWWWWW. x)
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2014
    Depends on what you want. Just to disclose a personal bias: I don't have Pets and have no interest in that EP. I do have Ambitions and WA.

I think I like WA slightly more than Ambitions. I haven't done any of the Ambitions professions yet mainly because I've been playing large families and don't think I have the time to spare for those player-hands on careers (and I here the fire fighter career is somewhat buggy). But I love the skills (inventing and sculpting) and many of my sims are self-employed. The consignment shop was a let down from the elixir shop from Supernatural. The hours are quite limited.

The WA content I thought was pretty big. I spent hours and hours doing all those adventures. I loved being able to take 1 sim on vacation and leave the rest behind. The nectar making skill is fun and a possible self-employed option. Actually, tomb exploring and dig site excavating is lucrative enough to be a career. And if you are interested in collecting stuff in the game, WA has tons to collect.

For me WA and Ambitions are very close, but I'd probably rate WA over Ambitions. Then again, once I try out the Ambitions professions I might change my mind.