Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food in Sims 4

I'm really excited with what little I've seen of the food in Sims 4. I think it looks much better than 3, at least so far. But there are a few things I hope they'll add to Sims food.

I would love to see another feast type meal besides the turkey. Don't get me wrong - I love the turkey and want it to stay but another large size meal would be awesome! How about a pot roast? I think we had this meal in Sims2 but I may be wrong.

If a pot roast is too American then how about a nice roasted leg of lamb? That is found in a lot of cultures.

For vegetarians, there could be some eggplant parmesian or mushroom rissoto (sorry, can't spell :wink:). Something festive that would benefit a feast type meal.

I'm hoping we will see some new and different kinds of foods in the Sims4. If we were given the ability somehow to experiment with different ingredients and come up with new dishes that would be super!

Any other ideas?
Screenshot-5.jpg

Comments

• Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2014
    Like in the sims 2 console. They could add new ingredients to existing meals.
  • mrsyabosmrsyabos Posts: 223 Member
    edited April 2014
    Sides! Burgers with fries, sandwiches with chips, side salads, etc.

I also hope all the buffet tables are like the resort ones. I want to have different options for different parties.
  • mrsyabosmrsyabos Posts: 223 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd also like for them to heat up their leftovers in the microwave
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd like the Grandma's chicken noodle soup brought back. It had healing properties in TS2. :)

Maybe they could have a roast leg of llama? :shock: :lol:
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I always wanted eggs, bacon,and toast for breakfast.How about being able to grill chicken and steaks.
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    I'd like the Grandma's chicken noodle soup brought back. It had healing properties in TS2. :)

Maybe they could have a roast leg of llama? :shock: :lol:

So the Sim eating this Llama leg they would be the black sheep of the town? Like when their little dirty secret got out how they were eating the Llama mascot of the local team would they get flaming bags of *** on their porch, house egged, yard tp'd?

That would be a cool scenario if your sim gossiped to another sim and the gossip was "Oh I heard the Goths regularly eat llama meat." Then that would prompt a sports fan sim or one in the sports career (especially being on the mascot level) to have the desire to make a group outing and target the Goth household with the above mentioned actions.

That would give gossip a whole new level than just the fake stuff they always say, "Oh did you hear Malcolm Landgraab was rich, hard to tell." It might be cute a couple of times but every single time they gossip that's what it is? How bout oh did you hear so and so had an alien baby? Or so and so found a treasure map. Or so and so has a fake leg. so on and so forth.

And for an adventurous sim they'd be trying to make friends with so and so and then ransack house looking for a treasure map and cause all kinds of mischief. Or someone in the science career could (after hearing alien gossip) have wish befriend the person and then do experiments on the sim baby to determine if they were alien or not. Or if an inappropriate sim heard about somebody's fake leg they would try to trip the person to see if they could get them to fall and then take a peak at their leg when they were on the ground.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    breville69 wrote:
    I always wanted eggs, bacon,and toast for breakfast.How about being able to grill chicken and steaks.

That's a good idea. Wasn't there omelets in the sims 2 though?
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't know much about foods, but I really hate that every sim game is so hard for me to know them, so for this time I really want that EA do this:

When you click in the fridge I want icons being showed, and then the name, I know this would be a great adittion.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like the idea of having a picture to go with the food choice. And I really want some bacon and eggs! The food for Sims 4 could be the best yet if we get some of these suggestions implemented.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Grilled cheese sammiches and pancakes :3 But I'm all for side dishes too!! Sims 2 diners/restaurants had some really neat food you couldn't make at home, like the nectarine tart.. at least that's what I thought it was. And I want more desserts. The baked Alaska looks great, but I want ice cream sundaes, or cupcakes or my fave, cheesecake! I also wouldn't mind like decent snack foods too...
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla