Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion for Rentable Horses

I'm crazy about horses, and I love that we finally got horses in Sims3. The creators did a fantastic job in making them realistic, and I've really enjoyed playing with them. I am anticipating Sims 4 will have a pets expansion that includes horses.

One thing, though, horses need a lot of space to house them on a home lot, and pets in general need a lot of daily care. As fun and rewarding as that can be, not all of us like to play that way, including myself, at times. Also, I prefer to play smaller lots, and that isn't easy when choosing to own a horse(s). :mrgreen: Even though not all of my Sims keep horses, I still wish they could go horseback riding once in a while (as the mood strikes me) without actually having to own the horse(s).

I wish there was a riding stable in town where my Sims could go rent NPC horses to ride. It could be like the rabbit hole stable we have now, only when you click on the building, you'd get an option showing the horses available to hire out that day. Depending on how many Sims you sent there, you would select one or more horses to rent for the day for a fee. There could also be an option to lease a horse for a certain time period, say 2-4 Sim weeks, so you'd always have your favorite horse to ride. You could also get an option to buy them. :D

The horses chosen would appear and walk out of the barn already saddled, and be rideable all over town. As NPCs, they wouldn't be controllable, but they could be programmed to stay with/near your Sim and not run away (if dismounted, for example). All the interactions (petting, giving treats, talking to) would still be there, to help build a relationship. Your Sims would be required to return their mounts by a certain time each day, even if they were leased. Of course, renting would just be an optional game feature. Sims could still own their own horses and keep them on home lots if you choose.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I hope for Sims4 it could be workable. 8)

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited April 2014
    Love this idea!

I would also like the chance to build livery stables on an extra plot and have the horse recognise them as home instead of going back to the regular home.

This is a problem I have with the extra homes though, they are recognised as property but can't be assigned as the main home.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    I'm crazy about horses, and I love that we finally got horses in Sims3. The creators did a fantastic job in making them realistic, and I've really enjoyed playing with them. I am anticipating Sims 4 will have a pets expansion that includes horses.

One thing, though, horses need a lot of space to house them on a home lot, and pets in general need a lot of daily care. As fun and rewarding as that can be, not all of us like to play that way, including myself, at times. Also, I prefer to play smaller lots, and that isn't easy when choosing to own a horse(s). :mrgreen: Even though not all of my Sims keep horses, I still wish they could go horseback riding once in a while (as the mood strikes me) without actually having to own the horse(s).

I wish there was a riding stable in town where my Sims could go rent NPC horses to ride. It could be like the rabbit hole stable we have now, only when you click on the building, you'd get an option showing the horses available to hire out that day. Depending on how many Sims you sent there, you would select one or more horses to rent for the day for a fee. There could also be an option to lease a horse for a certain time period, say 2-4 Sim weeks, so you'd always have your favorite horse to ride. You could also get an option to buy them. :D

The horses chosen would appear and walk out of the barn already saddled, and be rideable all over town. As NPCs, they wouldn't be controllable, but they could be programmed to stay with/near your Sim and not run away (if dismounted, for example). All the interactions (petting, giving treats, talking to) would still be there, to help build a relationship. Your Sims would be required to return their mounts by a certain time each day, even if they were leased. Of course, renting would just be an optional game feature. Sims could still own their own horses and keep them on home lots if you choose.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I hope for Sims4 it could be workable. 8)

I like your idea however I was wondering if you simmies were late in returning the horses would there be a horse cop with horse trailer to haul the horses back and fine said simmy for not returning it on time? What about if your sim wanted to steal the horse would that be an option?
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    coolmule123coolmule123 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited April 2014
    It would be better if we didnt have rabbit-holes
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited April 2014
    I also love horses. I think adding them to the sims 3 pet ep was the smartest decision ea could have made. They would be stupid to leave them out of the sims 4 pet ep. I hope they add other things this time around, like cows and other livestock.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2014
    Jenzup wrote:
    I like your idea however I was wondering if you simmies were late in returning the horses would there be a horse cop with horse trailer to haul the horses back and fine said simmy for not returning it on time? What about if your sim wanted to steal the horse would that be an option?

Perhaps your Sim could get a warning pop-up message that time will soon be expiring, then give you extra leeway to get the horse back, or if time has expired a warning that the horse van (a-la icecream truck type npc) would appear to haul the animals away, or the horse would just disappear right from under your Sim, and leave your Sim on foot! :mrgreen: Then your Sim would have to call a taxi home or whatever.

Or....perhaps after the warning notice, the game could stop you wherever you are on the horse, and say "Prepare for Transport" and then you and the horse would be teleported immediately back to the stable. I'm sure something like that could be worked out. :D I don't think stealing should be an option, but you could have the option to buy the horse you like.
    ...I hope they add other things this time around, like cows and other livestock.

I would love a complete Farming Expansion!

I hope the developers read this and consider these things. :D
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited April 2014
    Each day people come with more and more ideas that would fit well in a farm EP.

It would be better that there was a proper farm EP, with farming machines, horses,chickens and cows and rural stuff.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Grace6863Grace6863 Posts: 160 Member
    Hi I am new to the sims 3 form I am in love with horses to I have got one of my own on the sims his name is Longmire
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yay, FINALLY somebody mentioning horses! THANK YOU! I loved that we got them in The Sims 3 Pets (along with UNICORNS <3)! I would love to have them in The Sims 4! :D
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    And where would you ride that horse?
  • Options
    Wow, this was an old post I made before we even knew what the worlds in TS4 would look like. Nice to see other players like horses too, but now this horseback riding idea would have to be completely re-thought, since TS4 worlds are not fully open. The original idea is still workable, but obviously riding all around town would not work. Perhaps a large, single lot could be used like a riding facility that has an arena and trail areas all on one lot? We wouldn't have the freedom of riding anywhere like we did in Sims 3, though. :\
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Why stop at rentable horses? Why not rentable people?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    You can go pretty far without a load screen in Ts4 , though.

There's that space behind Magnolia Blossoms that would be perfect for a horse back ride.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Why stop at rentable horses? Why not rentable people?
    Already there, look in the not-in-the-world section of randomly generated Sims.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I can't really get into the idea of horses without having HUGE open areas to ride them in.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if you could stable your horse there instead of on your lot. Then you could visit and ride when you wanted.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What if you could stable your horse there instead of on your lot. Then you could visit and ride when you wanted.

That was my original plan, because not everyone wants to keep horses at home. Good thing is, there would no longer be wild horses running amok all over the town. ;)

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    You can go pretty far without a load screen in Ts4 , though.

There's that space behind Magnolia Blossoms that would be perfect for a horse back ride.

Hey! Maybe we can even see OUR SIMS DRIVING A CAR if they will release a new City world (possibly with that City Living EP that was mentioned in the EP survey) where there are neighborhoods with roads that are width enough! :)
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I was kind of thinking more along the lines of owning one and boarding it away from home.