Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which town to play in for this to be possible?

OK, some background information first. I have all the EPs and SPs plus all the Store Content.

I am planning to start a new game whereby my Sim has the potential to max out all the skill levels plus reach level 10 of every career in the game like scuba diving, collection, photography, etc.

The question is, which town should I play in for this to be possible? Is this an impossible feat? Or should I constantly edit my town to make this possible?

The reason why I am attempting to do this is because I want to have the best possible gameplay experience in Sims 3! Please advise! Thanks!

:)

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited April 2014
    Isla Paradiso.

Simply because EA made it very difficult if not impossible to put the dive locations into other neighborhoods. And you only need that if you truly do want to max out the scuba diving career.

Something to keep in mind however is that Isla Paradiso is one of the more lag prone neighborhoods. So if you're game already lags as much as you would like, you might just want to cross that career off and play in another neighborhood.

The only skills you'll actually need to do to max out are fishing and photography which can be done in any neighborhood.

You may also want to consider just moving your Sims every generation or two. That way you'll be able to experience all of the neighborhoods. This will also help you avoid save ending glitches that tend to plague saves as they get older.
  • Options
    siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    edited April 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    Isla Paradiso.

Simply because EA made it very difficult if not impossible to put the dive locations into other neighborhoods. And you only need that if you truly do want to max out the scuba diving career.

Something to keep in mind however is that Isla Paradiso is one of the more lag prone neighborhoods. So if you're game already lags as much as you would like, you might just want to cross that career off and play in another neighborhood.

The only skills you'll actually need to do to max out are fishing and photography which can be done in any neighborhood.

You may also want to consider just moving your Sims every generation or two. That way you'll be able to experience all of the neighborhoods. This will also help you avoid save ending glitches that tend to plague saves as they get older.

Thanks for the tip. But the problem with switching neighbourhoods is that if I complete a set of collections like analysing rocks, collecting fireflies or one set of photography subjects, the number will reset!

How do I counter this bug?

:?:
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited April 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    Isla Paradiso.

Thanks for the tip. But the problem with switching neighbourhoods is that if I complete a set of collections like analysing rocks, collecting fireflies or one set of photography subjects, the number will reset!

How do I counter this bug?

:?:

Do the collecting and photography last.

Either that or keep track yourself and just know you've done it already even if the Sim themselves does not think they have.
  • Options
    simpixie16simpixie16 Posts: 239 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would look into a custom world which incorporates every expansion pack. New Sunset Valley (which is German but there's an English translation) is great for this.

http://simfans.de/specials/newsunsetvalley2013/index2.php

Sims VIP also give a really great tutorial on how to create dive locations, and it's not very difficult once you've mastered the basics. New Sunset Valley already comes with dive locations though.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    simpixie16 wrote:
    I would look into a custom world which incorporates every expansion pack. New Sunset Valley (which is German but there's an English translation) is great for this.

Sims VIP also give a really great tutorial on how to create dive locations, and it's not very difficult once you've mastered the basics. New Sunset Valley already comes with dive locations though.

Thank you so much for the link! That is what I am looking for! By the way, is it possible to collect all the bugs, gems and other stuff at this world?

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    simpixie16simpixie16 Posts: 239 Member
    edited April 2014
    simpixie16 wrote:

Thank you so much for the link! That is what I am looking for! By the way, is it possible to collect all the bugs, gems and other stuff at this world?

No worries! I think it is, as long as you travel as per normal.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes, moving around may be best. That way you can REALLY have the best of gaming experience :mrgreen: Think of it this way: adding in the challenge of living in EVERY neighborhood at least once is surely bound to mean you can truly explore the game? :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    Yes, moving around may be best. That way you can REALLY have the best of gaming experience :mrgreen: Think of it this way: adding in the challenge of living in EVERY neighborhood at least once is surely bound to mean you can truly explore the game? :)

But moving around has annoying bugs!

:twisted:
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited April 2014
    YellowJane wrote:

As you said... Strange :? I have never had any bugs from moving towns!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited April 2014
    If you're ok with using a mod, install nraas Traveler and vacation in Isla Paradiso rather than live or move there. That way, you can do the dive spots and island discoveries without constantly having to deal with the lag. That's what I'm doing.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ
    While constructing the mod, I found that whomever wrote the Trip Planner window had a great deal of foresight. They wrote that window to handle more than three destinations, making it possible to scroll through as many choices as you want.

With that ability available, this mod simply injects all the custom worlds you have installed into that window, allowing you to choose any destination you want.

These extra worlds are termed "Traveler" worlds for simplicity.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

As you said... Strange :? I have never had any bugs from moving towns!

There are bugs. Let me give you an example. If you collect and analyse all the rocks and hit a 100% rate and then move out of town to another one, the collection would show less than 100%.

The same goes for photography. If you complete 2 or more subjects and move out of town, it would reset back to 1 or 0.

I have tried this and it was a terrible game breaker for me!

:shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    If you're ok with using a mod, install nraas Traveler and vacation in Isla Paradiso rather than live or move there. That way, you can do the dive spots and island discoveries without constantly having to deal with the lag. That's what I'm doing.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ
    While constructing the mod, I found that whomever wrote the Trip Planner window had a great deal of foresight. They wrote that window to handle more than three destinations, making it possible to scroll through as many choices as you want.

With that ability available, this mod simply injects all the custom worlds you have installed into that window, allowing you to choose any destination you want.

These extra worlds are termed "Traveler" worlds for simplicity.

Thanks for the tip! I do use Twallan's mods and am aware of them.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Wait....

So does this mean you have your game back and running?

Yes so far so good! However, I have yet to install Twallan's mods into my game. So I am not too sure how my game will handle the mods.

I don't have the time yet to install them. Reason being, I spent nearly half the night installing my Store content. So far no crashes.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    simpixie16 wrote:

OK, I am having a slight problem here. This is the first time I am downloading a new world for my Sims 3 game. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the contents to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Saves. But I am not seeing the new world in my game when I add a new game.

Moreover, there was no downloading activity at my launcher. I am confused. Please advise! Thanks!

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited April 2014
    simpixie16 wrote:

OK, I am having a slight problem here. This is the first time I am downloading a new world for my Sims 3 game. I downloaded the zip file and extracted the contents to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Saves. But I am not seeing the new world in my game when I add a new game.

Moreover, there was no downloading activity at my launcher. I am confused. Please advise! Thanks!

You have to extract to documents/electronicArts/mods/packages.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    simpixie16 wrote:

You have to extract to documents/electronicArts/mods/packages.

No, I still can't find my town at the main menu.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited April 2014
    I went and looked at the instructions. Sounds like you are talking about installing the English save game, but did you download and install the world first?
    •Download New Sunset Valley! (by SimFans.de)
    •Download Save Game with English Translations (by Amandieu)

Here you go! A translated version of the new update to this awesome world! If a new version of this world is released, I will try to make a new save game with English translations.

Check out the trailer for this world here!

Thanks again to my partner who is helping me improve my German! He did about a quarter of the translations this time. (My first language is English and his is German, so together we hope we nailed all the descriptions.)

Edit: Extract with WinRar or 7zip. Place the save in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. Make sure you have the world downloaded and installed first. Use “Save As” as soon as you start playing to make a new save with your family. (Still having trouble?)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2014
    I agree with Seera1024 post IP if it was not so ridiculed with routing problems and lag that would have been the ideal world. I read there was mods that might make the world a little better but I do not prefer to use them. Keep looking something make turn up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    suzses wrote:
    I went and looked at the instructions. Sounds like you are talking about installing the English save game, but did you download and install the world first?
    •Download New Sunset Valley! (by SimFans.de)
    •Download Save Game with English Translations (by Amandieu)

Here you go! A translated version of the new update to this awesome world! If a new version of this world is released, I will try to make a new save game with English translations.

Check out the trailer for this world here!

Thanks again to my partner who is helping me improve my German! He did about a quarter of the translations this time. (My first language is English and his is German, so together we hope we nailed all the descriptions.)

Edit: Extract with WinRar or 7zip. Place the save in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. Make sure you have the world downloaded and installed first. Use “Save As” as soon as you start playing to make a new save with your family. (Still having trouble?)

Yes, now I know what my problem was. I did not download and install the world first. Once I did that, I put the English version on my save file and it worked!

Thanks!