Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the comments on my latest story! Mucho appreciated!

First I should explain that I didn't realize he had the Hates the Outdoors trait until after I sent him fishing. It was then that I saw the negative moodlet and figured it out. LOL I wanted him to catch a few fish to use as fertilizer for his garden plants. I added a few of the flower pots to the back yard and Darren planted seeds in them, hence the need for fertilizer. In the future, I'll let Darleen do all of the gardening. I wasn't trying to be mean to him. Does anyone know if they'll still get the negative moodlet if they're inside a greenhouse? FuzzySlipers45, I don't have any plans to kill off Darleen at this point. In Sims 2, I would always resurrect her with SimPE and add her back to the household. But it's early in my story and plans could change. And-it-is-on, I think I'll tell Darren to get over it, too. I'm resisting the urge to change his traits. I want to play him as is.

@Celiria - I commented in the old thread on your latest chapter but since you reposted it here, I'll comment again. I'm really enjoying this story. Kyrie is definitely plagued by self-doubt. She wants so desperately to start over yet she's still unable to let go of her past. And Jenny is a reminder of that past. I'm very curious as to Jenny's motives here. Certainly, there's more to it that just Mrs. Miller's recommendation to give her a chance. It has me intrigued.

@rednenemon - Little Locke is so adorable with his new toy! Mignon sure seems to be a klutz! I love the pull-up bar and use it in most of my homes. Hooray for the spring rider! I never think to use them on residential lots. Guess I should do so. Nice update!

@Mikezumi - Hi and thanks for posting in our new thread!

@TadOlson - Thanks for posting a photo from Create-A-World. I've always been curious about that program but haven't had the time nore patience to learn it.

@FuzzySlipers45 - the only lighting mod I've used is the one from Burnt Waffles specifically for Midnight Hollow. I've removed it when I started playing Roaring Heights and won't reinstall it until I play Midnight Hollow once again. So the lighting you see in my photos is the normal lighting for Lucky Palms.

@MayaRose1138 - Yes, Darren is a fast mover in this story. Normally, I wouldn't rush it. But he's already several days into his Young Adult life stage at the beginning of play, so I didn't want to wait too long before having him marry Darleen and ultimately have a son, Dirk. But I'm getting ahead of myself. As for names for your Superhero Sims, I suggest Magenta and Magneto.

@Unlockedinferno - That's so funny that every male Sim wants to flirt with Charlotte! Of course, she is adorable, so why wouldn't they? I like Charlotte's new Autumn look. Very nice! And I'm glad Gus is spending time with his daughter. She's gonna have him wrapped around her pinkie finger in no time!

@GBA91101Nver4get - It's good to see you made it over to this thread. It sounds like you've been busy in your game. It sounds like Jack is busy with his medical career. I always hated the journals they had to keep reading, over and over again. But I guess that's like real life.

@Colorist40 - Thanks for re-posting your latest Shrek update. I enjoyed this chapter. I have just a little inkling now of sympathy for Shrek. I didn't up until now because of his selfishness and they way he treated Fiona. I still don't like him, but there's room for that to change. He has a long way to go before I think he deserves Fiona, in my opinion. She has too good a heart for him right now. Oh, thanks for your comments on my story. Yes, I don't think Darren could actually afford his home if he weren't already living in it. The bills are kinda high for him right now and he doesn't make too much from his paintings. Of course, my next update will have him married to Darleen and she'll also bring money into the home. I just need to edit the photos tonight and upload them to Photobucket in order to do my next update. She's a musician. I'm thinking of keeping here there or I might make her a Singer live I've done before. Either way, she'll need to learn her guitar skills.

@wickichick - Thanks for starting a new thread for us! And I'm so happy to be able to use your bakery in Lucky Palms. I do plan on having Darren paint some landscapes. I think there's a "capture the moment" option I've seen in the game. I'll have to see if he can use that to paint once he's home. If not, he'll have to suffer with the -20 mood adjustment.

@Painterly27 - You have such a fresh and unique approach to a story. I haven't really used the Palace of Versailles set yet. I does make for a fun story! Violetta is gorgeous in her fine hair and dress.

@XKidsInLoveX - Hi and welcome! I'm looking forward to Franchesca's story! Sounds like she had no problem meeting Andrew!

@LunBeauty - Good to see an update from you! I love the gift giving party! I usually turn off the Winter season, so I don't get them. That reminds me, I didn't do that yet with Lucky Palms. Congratulations on the birth of little Hadley! She's so cute!

@Simmer999 - Hi and Welcome!

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited April 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:
    @XkidsinloveX Lunbeauty who won my contest requested I gift someone in her behalf and since you are new I decided that it would be a good way to welcome you to our thread.

I need you to put stuff on your wishlist that equals 2.00 so I can do so or I can try to randomly find things from the store to gift you. Whatever you prefer.

Let me know. :-)
    Oh my goodness youre so kind! Theres only one thing i really want from the store, so ill put that on there, idk how to figure out how much 2.00 in the store is but its one CAS item do i dont think it will but im totally okay with that!

100 sim points equals $1 U.S.
    oh ok thanks xx
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nik24x7- thats hilarious about darren, you could always build him a little biodome type thing with carpet to look like grass, with A stocked pond inside and planters. The green house functions as an actual room, so it wouldnt give him a negative moodlet! :)
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited April 2014
    For my story, I'm trying to decide which of these two Sims to use.
    What do you guys think?

Her: screenshot_original.jpg

Or him?: screenshot_original.jpg

I'm personally leaning towards the girl but I want you guys to decide.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited April 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    What do you guys think?

Well you are asking a biased person lol. I would always pick the girls. I love the girls in sims since they are so much more customizable. So go with her.

Welcome by the way. I am loving all the new people jumping on in here. Can't wait to see more of your game. :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    Simmer999 wrote:
    What do you guys think?

Well you are asking a biased person lol. I would always pick the girls. I love the girls in sims since they are so much more customizable. So go with her.

Welcome by the way. I am loving all the new people jumping on in here. Can't wait to see more of your game. :-)

Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to play the girl and save the guy for another file. I almost always play guy Sims so a girl will be a fun change.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Celiria wrote:
    @LunBeauty just saying you might want to change a couple of your pictures. EA might not approve of some of them :oops:

I changed two of the pictures to link form that I assumed were inappropriate.

Darn I missed the racy pics. :oops: :lol: Story of my life a day late, a dollar short lol.

It's a good thing links are clickable then. ;)

How did I miss the links? :shock: You really posted that pic? lol You racy woman you lol. Good thing you took it down as EA probably would have locked this thread lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh man EA is too fast. Our old thread locked already, and I wanted to get a couple of pics of my people I posted yesterday off of it. Well will have to go in game and get pics again. Sigh. Where is EA when there are inappropriate threads that go on for days. We move our thread and boom next day it is locked lol.

Oh well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Will come back this afternoon to make more comments as new simmers are livening up our thread. Woot! Woot!

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited April 2014
    :mrgreen:

I'm here. Just was busy eariler today. Welcome to all.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    I really love your sims attire! Are you playing a period game? Or are they dressed for something special? I think its awesome youve found a good use for the versallies set, Ive yet to use it in game! Cant wait to see more.

Yep, I am doing a game set somewhere in the 18th century (1700 - 1800). It's really fun to do something different. I have quite a few pics now, so I'll get more up as soon as I can.
  • Options
    UnlockedinfernoUnlockedinferno Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Unlockedinferno: I like Charlotte's new look. :) I think that Gus is leading her on in my opinion. But that's just me. :?
    I’m not 100% happy with Charlotte’s new look, I couldn’t come up with anything I was happy with in the end I gave up. I’m with you on Gus and Jared I’m starting to think they are only interested in Charlotte for the free food.

@XKidsInLoveX Andrew is a bit yummy, no wonder Franchesca wanted the date to go on forever.

@LunBeauty hairy chest are the best.
    All three kids seem very well skilled, hopefully the fourth will follow in there ways.
    Could the shower picture go a little lower next time please?
    OMG Hadley eyes, STUNNGING!

@Simmer999 Welcome to the thread. I look forward to seeing your pictures and reading you stories. We are all a nice bunch here.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    Oh man EA is too fast. Our old thread locked already, and I wanted to get a couple of pics of my people I posted yesterday off of it. Well will have to go in game and get pics again. Sigh. Where is EA when there are inappropriate threads that go on for days. We move our thread and boom next day it is locked lol.

Oh well.
    I remember seeing a post a couple years ago from the Gurus or moderators taht they would lock threads over 200 pages as quickly as possible since they eat up a lot of forum resources. I'm not surprised that the old thread is now locked. Out with the old, in with the new, as they say.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    LunBeauty wrote:
    Unlockedinferno: I like Charlotte's new look. :) I think that Gus is leading her on in my opinion. But that's just me. :?
    I’m not 100% happy with Charlotte’s new look, I couldn’t come up with anything I was happy with in the end I gave up. I’m with you on Gus and Jared I’m starting to think they are only interested in Charlotte for the free food.

@XKidsInLoveX Andrew is a bit yummy, no wonder Franchesca wanted the date to go on forever.

@LunBeauty hairy chest are the best.
    All three kids seem very well skilled, hopefully the fourth will follow in there ways.
    Could the shower picture go a little lower next time please?
    OMG Hadley eyes, STUNNGING!

@Simmer999 Welcome to the thread. I look forward to seeing your pictures and reading you stories. We are all a nice bunch here.

Make that super, awesomely, amazingly, wonderfully nice lol. Cause we all are that and I was lucky so many good people joined this thread. Not a cross word ever how spectacular is that?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Painterly27,

Are you playing in Côtes d'Ambonnay, by any chance? Since you're doing a period game, I was hoping you might be. It's a custom world and it looks quite gorgeous! I haven't played any custom worlds, but if I were to do so, this would be the one. Here's a link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/717032.page

Best Regards,
    Nik
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I really love your sims attire! Are you playing a period game? Or are they dressed for something special? I think its awesome youve found a good use for the versallies set, Ive yet to use it in game! Cant wait to see more.

Yep, I am doing a game set somewhere in the 18th century (1700 - 1800). It's really fun to do something different. I have quite a few pics now, so I'll get more up as soon as I can.

Very fun! I cant wait to see more!! is it hard to keep within the period with all the technology the sims have?

@Unlockedinferno Thank you, im bad at writing stories lol, my sim shave amazing lives and nothing bad happens, so its only fitting theyre all gorgeous :P Not to butt in but I think charolettes new look is really cute, i like that she chose to wear her hair up, as a new mom she cant be fussed with curling it every day
  • Options
    UnlockedinfernoUnlockedinferno Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2014
    @Unlockedinferno Thank you, im bad at writing stories lol, my sim shave amazing lives and nothing bad happens, so its only fitting theyre all gorgeous :P Not to butt in but I think charolettes new look is really cute, i like that she chose to wear her hair up, as a new mom she cant be fussed with curling it every day

I'm not great at writing a story either. I have no trouble coming up with it in my head whilst I'm playing but its a struggle when it comes to typing it up.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

Amy Valentin is surrounded by boys and fans. She doesn't understand why. Her acting career hasn't started due to the lack of studio in Isla Paradiso and she's already famous. All she remembers is waking up on an empty lot with 100 million cash in her pocket. After visiting the bank, she found much more cash, too much too count. She knows she had a life before, and she's blaming her absent-minded self for it, but is there more to the story?

Traits:
    Dramatic
    Absent-Minded
    Eco-Friendly
    Irresistible
    Vegetarian
    Lifetime Wish: Superstar Actor
    Favorites:
    Food: Pancakes
    Music: R&B
    Color: Aqua

I'm starting to work on the house, how does the story sound? The house will probably take a while, I'll post updates as I go along though. Don't get your hopes too high, I'm horrible at houses. I added the cash stuff so she could have a really HUGE house.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello :mrgreen: I'm sorry that I don't comment on many pictures/stories. I find it really hard to catch up on all the posts lol. I will try to though!

Anyways, so I treated myself today and bought Hidden Springs. I've fallen in love! And so has my self sim!

Little house in the woods :)

Screenshot-133-2.jpg

Playing with butterflies

Screenshot-138-3.jpg

Elise started dating Hector Mendorza.

Screenshot-139-1.jpg

But it all went horribly wrong, so she fell into the arms of her friend Liam O'Dourke.

Screenshot-140-1.jpg

He's too cute!

Screenshot-134-2.jpg

And he got down on one knee and told her he wanted Elise to be his wife!

Screenshot-141-2.jpg
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7: Wow! What a lovely world, it would fit perfectly! Sadly I don't have all of the EPs ... in fact I'm missing quite a few. I'm using Dragon Valley - lots of empty, rolling hills and very few modern touches.

XKidsInLoveX: It's not too hard to stick with the times - just no modern looking things like radios, TVs, etc. I downloaded the steampunk sets too, so there may be a few "experimental" things in the future :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Painterly27,

Are you playing in Côtes d'Ambonnay, by any chance? Since you're doing a period game, I was hoping you might be. It's a custom world and it looks quite gorgeous! I haven't played any custom worlds, but if I were to do so, this would be the one. Here's a link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/717032.page

Best Regards,
    Nik

Thanks for the link, but it won't download. That stupid red circle crossed out shows in my launcher. Will bookmark it and save it later I hope. I have to have this world lol.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    simlish1 wrote:
    Hello :mrgreen: I'm sorry that I don't comment on many pictures/stories. I find it really hard to catch up on all the posts lol. I will try to though!

Anyways, so I treated myself today and bought Hidden Springs. I've fallen in love! And so has my self sim!

Little house in the woods :)

Screenshot-133-2.jpg

Playing with butterflies

Screenshot-138-3.jpg

Elise started dating Hector Mendorza.

Screenshot-139-1.jpg

But it all went horribly wrong, so she fell into the arms of her friend Liam O'Dourke.

Screenshot-140-1.jpg

He's too cute!

Screenshot-134-2.jpg

And he got down on one knee and told her he wanted Elise to be his wife!

Screenshot-141-2.jpg

Well just comment on the ones you are interested in then, not necessary to do all of them. You can if you want, but no pressure.
  • Options
    Baker9793Baker9793 Posts: 185 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm here!
    A new thread will be good.

Since we are starting 'new'. Here is an update from the Efron Family.
    In this family, Its Jen, who is me. Zac my fiancee and our dog Zeke.
    We live in Bridgeport. Zac is joining the military and I'll be joining the Political Career.
    Here is our house.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The first day in the new house was spent learning skills. Zac learning athletic and me learning painting. (i really like this little open space for our skills.) I plan on Zac learning piano as well.
    screenshot_original.jpg

While Zac and I are learning things, Zeke is in the yard being his independent self and running around. Zeke also knows where the food is. lol
    screenshot_original.jpg

That is all i have for you guys. I won't be able to update for 4 days. I'm going to Salt Lake City for a Psychological association conference. I will be able to comment on every one's stories using my Kindle.

Have a Great weekend everyone. I look forward to all the new stories as well as catching up on old stories.
  • Options
    KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2014
    Missed out on racy pics. My day is ruined!

Kidding. Will generally lurk on this thread and post random updates.

So I moved one of my Sims, Marina, from Starlight Shores to Twinbrook. As a non-performer Sim, she just felt out of place. The creative and crafty town of Twinbrook should be a better fit for her, hopefully!

Started off enjoying a nice outdoor bath after all that effort in moving. One of the local paparazzi decided to just hop on and enjoy some steam. Didn't even ask. No worries.

PXDdQ7k.jpg

Then another visitor decided to join on in too...

ptmnKVC.jpg

That face! LOL

C2x3LeO.jpg

But as dawn was nearing, she turned back into being a human and had a nice chat with the paparazzi fellow. As long as there's no mess to clean up, all good!

5Q5FACL.jpg

Decided to turn off paparazzi people with NRaas's Register mod, so the fellow became a normal Sim in town. Since he was hungry, Marina let him in to have a breakfast of pancakes.

xMTvd6c.jpg

Then she had to leave for work, and the guy didn't even eat the pancakes!

2ae6Emm.jpg

Life Fruit pancakes wasted!!!! ;x

Will probably stick to Marina on my updates here and there, so a bit of background:

Marina started off as a Sim in Isla Paradiso. Born from a Lifeguard father and Scuba Diver mother, she had things pretty well off from the start. The family moved to Sunlit Tides, where Marina grew up. After getting her Technology degree and earning a tremendous amount of Nerd group influence from university, she moved out to Starlight Shores on her own. The town was very performance profession-orientated, so she decided to move to a quieter town that had more of a feel she liked. Thus she ended up in Twinbrook!

VJoEWiZ.jpg

Her outfits vary tremendously in appearance, but she's just quirky in that manner.

Traits:
    Bookworm
    Computer Wiz
    Gatherer
    Neat
    Virtuoso

Genius [Degree Trait]
    Irresistible [Social Group Trait]

Lifetime Wish: Master Mixologist.

Mastered her mixology skill during her time in Starlight Shores, working on the Video Game Developer career path to make enough Simoleans to live comfortably. Gathering seeds and planting them, fishing, and hacking slot machines at the casino are her additional sources of income towards buying her own bar eventually!

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited April 2014
    XKidsInLoveX: This looks like it could be a fun story. I can't wait to read more. :)

Simmer999: I tend to find females more fun to play because you can do so much more with them, plus they just come with better clothes and hair in my opinion.

Nik24X7: Well, I have all of the seasons, but I just turned off the weather because things like rain and hail tends to lag my game, plus I hate it when it rains everyday during Spring preventing my sims from going anywhere. I was so surprised that Hadley ended up with blonde hair and blue eyes. The last people that had blonde hair were Felicia and Castor and that was I think three or four generations ago.

Colorist40: That's what I get for having the Decensor mod, lol. Next time I'll give her hair that drapes over both her shoulders and hides that certain part of her body, lol.

Unlockedinferno: Well, all three kids need to max at least one skill before they can age up into teens, although I think I might make it to where they only have to get to level five of that skill, lol. As for James in the shower, um...even though my sims look like Barbies from the waist-down, I don't want to risk being the cause of this thread being locked up. :lol: I really don't need the torches and pitchforks after me. :p

Simlish1: That house is cute. :) Liam is quite handsome and I can't wait for him and Elise to have beautiful red-headed babies. :D

Baker9793: I like the family so far. Zeke is too cute. He reminds me so much of my dog, Sugar. :lol:

KatieTerrorFace: I like Twinbrook better than Starlight Shores, personally, so good call on moving your sim there. :) Paparazzi sims are so weird. >.< Zombies are pretty funny in The Sims 3. :lol: Paparazzi are just annoying. I do like Marina's outfits. :) She's such a cute sim. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top