Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

60smusicluvr's Rockin' Creations: Brooklyn Brownstones 8/5/20

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your All in one Steampunk Farm is very great! :) It was very nice reading the background details to the build, your building process and your reflections on and descriptions of the different areas. It is such a very detailed build! The combined themes of the build look so great! Very nice layout of the build and exterior design of the building! The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior! The colour schemes and the patterning /texture of the walls and furnishings look very nice! It was very nice seeing the pictures of your build, and it will be very nice for our sims to live there and explore it further.
    It would have taken you a long time to complete the bulld. It is a very nice steampunk farm build! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Very cool and colourful. Looks like the perfect home for an inventor sim :smile:

PS... I've never seen the blimp ship in game before. Is that CC?
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2016
    @soocoolsim, nope! :) its from the showtime ep. Unlocked in simport. @SeriphinaFyie made an exchange link for the steampunk items. :)

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8260623

Thanks... MTS has a mod to unlock as well. Pretty cool items :smiley:

***NEW SIM***

Fannie Ecclestone

Screenshot-60_zpswg9f3oaj.jpg
    Screenshot-64_zpskla8bxnr.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpsych9ggrn.jpg
    Screenshot-40_zpseupnxhpv.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zpscjxrhbxp.jpg
    Screenshot-95_zpsunizhsie.jpg
    Screenshot-87_zps3snxuuua.jpg
    Screenshot-102_zps7bamjjbo.jpg

Well, hmm... I really don't have much to say about this sim, other than I wanted to make a jockey/steampunk girl. Sorry folks. :D
    Fannie is very nice! :) It is nice that you have created a steampunk themed jockey sim. Her hairstyles are very nice! It is a very nice picture of her at evening time with her horse.
    Thanks Rosemow. o:)

Yeah, some of the hairstyles from the store work perfectly for steampunk. I liked the big updo and I thought the wavy down hairdo for her workout clothing/swimsuit would be fitting, as it's a little more realistic than going from really long updo to super short. :)
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    Fanny is a very lovely sim- loving the steampunk vibe!
    Moonstone.jpg

edited July 2016
    Thanks for the feedback about my sims, guys. Really appreciate it. o:)

I have a little update about some of my sims... First, the next one has been a long time coming... Actually, it's been in my studio since err... *runs away & checks* DECEMBER 9th. :o Usually I would be all up to sharing it on this thread and I was planning to. However, when I went in game for pictures, I was rather disappointed. There was one fault this sim had and I was just not into it after I had discovered it. So, in the studio it remained and in the studio/exchange it actually kind of got popular. See, I was fortunate to upload her when the exchange was stuck on one date. I managed to get her in there before the exchange broke. So, despite this fault and my lack of sharing it here, she got 344 downloads. :o

The sim I'm referring to is Vivian Rowan, the "broken doll" sim I wanted to make way, way back.

Anyway, I'm currently working on a "Fix". Now, this sim is by no means broken... I was so satisfied with her look in CAS that when I went in game and saw it, I was just like "ugh" and just never bothered to share her here. :'(

So, these are some screenshots I took tonight of the original. I think I overreacted about the "brokenness" of this sim. lol :D

oops_zpsallecf9z.png

See the teeth showing below the bottom lip? :s It drove me nuts. I was worried that I'd have to adjust her face so much that she would be a completely different sim. :(

BUT!!!!! I went into CAS, tonight, and did some very minor tweaks to two "test sims" & compared them to the original.

Below the original is on the left and one tester is on the right...

Screenshot-75_zps5x4ggzab.jpg

The other test sim with the mouth I ultimately went with. Compared to the original the corners of the mouth aren't nearly as smiley, which you could see from the CAS screenshot above.
    Screenshot-78_zpsdbpvtz2p.jpg

I watched each sim go through a range of emotions without playing them myself and the screenshots below were a GOLDMINE. :D:D:D

VivianRowanFaces_zps2ra1s3ob.png

So the "updated" version of Vivian Rowan will be out soon. I'll have a little more info on how I created her then, but expect this updated version to come with a little twist. ;) Don't say I didn't warn ya!
    Hello :)
    The original Vivian is very nice and I will also look forward to seeing the updated version that you create of her also :)
    Thanks @Rosemow! Looking forward to finishing up & taking screenshots. :)
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    My next sim was inspired by the University Life ep. I wanted to create a nerdy guy, so I started with a pre-made sim that actually looks similar to this one. I don't think I changed him all that much, so a lot of the work here was made by the Sims 3 team. I know for sure that his hair is exactly the way they created it and his looks are pretty much the same. I know I made changes to his skin and weight, but I don't know how much I changed his face. I think he looks a lot nerdier and older the way I made him up. Anyway, I'll stop rambling and get to the sim. :flushed:

Elliot White

Here he is without his glasses, so that you can see his face more clearly.
    Screenshot-23_zpsc25e0e94.jpg

Here he is making a speech to a nonexistent audience. :roll: I choose to believe he was just practicing, but I can't be for sure.
    Screenshot-12_zpsfe4beccc.jpg

And my personal favorite of him. :lol:
    Screenshot-27_zps51226987.jpg

omg hes too cute!
    @princess_kaguya, hee, thanks! :blush: I especially like the last picture of him. :D
    OK. So, as it turns out, the "fix" I had hid itself last night with that particular sim... So it's still there. :'( Good news is that the issue only appears, sometimes (rare), at least in my quick play, so it's not as bad as I thought.
    Re-introducing Vivian Rowan, my doll-like sim (several times over) ;) VivianRowan_zpsgndxcmcf.png

1. Top Left: Vivian Rowan Action Figure

Traits: Bot Fan, Brave, Computer Whiz, Dramatic, Schmoozer

Lifetime Aspiration: Made The Most Out of My Time (experiences all three futures)

Favorites: Hamburger, Epic Music, the color Red

2. Top Right: Vivian Rowan Fairy

Traits: Coward, Gatherer, Good Sense of Humor, Loves the Outdoors, Photographer's Eye

Lifetime Aspiration: World Class Gallery

Favorites: Frog Legs, French Music, the color Green

3. Bottom Left: Broken Doll

Traits: Coward, Hopeless Romantic, irresistible, Nurturing, Over-emotional (Same as the original version of the sim)

Lifetime Aspiration: Surrounded By Family

Favorites: Sushi, Spooky Music, the color Purple

4. Bottom Right: Porcelain Doll

Traits: Cat Person, Childish, Irresistible, Loves the Cold, Natural Cook

Lifetime Aspiration: Fairy Tale Finder (Adopt a Unicorn)

Favorites: Cookies, Kids Music, the color Pink
    Additional screenshots
    Vivian_zpsm7t6jclp.png
    Just going to post a little info about Vivian in this post, instead. I made Vivian way back in December... I remember looking up dolls online for inspiration, taking note of the rounder face and large eyes. My original intent was to do the broken doll look; I wanted to create something with odd makeup and stitching. However, the material we have in game sort of eliminated most of that look. I figured it would be easiest going into CAS with the "unlockoutfits on" cheat, to access some of the sloppy makeup from ambitions. The crying eye makeup was a no brainier and the heart-shaped lipstick was something i figured I could use, too, as I've seen it in a few Halloween Makeup tutorials IRL. After I was satisfied with her look, I needed a reason for her to be so sad. Figured a fitting, simple story was to have her be devastated over being left at the alter and then chose a wedding dress from the store to compliment that story. Since she was a "doll", I tried to copy the dress over to her other outfits as much as I could and then chose other outfits to add to that same story.

Now that I went into game, revisiting her, I figured I would try to fix the mess of a mouth she had... I could have sworn her mouth was much worse, after going into game the first time, but like I said before... After opening up a new game and making slight changes to her mouth and even comparing it to the original sim, it still has an issue. However, the issue is almost non-existent. :anguished: Anyway, convinced the mouth was totally fine, I made several new versions of her that you see above. I thought it would be fitting to make this doll-like sim, more like an actual doll, so move over, Barbie, Vivian Rowan is here! She would get different traits and looks to accommodate your simming needs. Luckily, I think she's so cute (not going to lie), she easily fits into each version. :blush: I personally like the Fairy version the best. I think I spent a little more time trying to capture the look of a fairy in each outfit. :)

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on too much longer, since I have to go to work early tomorrow morning, but I hope you like the updated version(s) of Vivian. :mrgreen:
    Each of the four versions of Vivian are very nice! :) It is great that there are 4 themed sims, with different traits and LTW s! I like the fairy version one best also! They all are very nice though. It was nice reading the background details of your first creating of her, and then your later revision of her into four different themed version sims of her.
    Very nice screenshot pictures that you have posted of her! :)
    edited September 2016
    I recently participated in a CC-Free gift exchange in the GG forums. I made two hotties and also a house built for Lucky Palms. My original gifting thread for Catdog123 is here. You can read about the exchange items here or get more info over there, if you'd like. o:)

This first one is Mack Ando. :heart_eyes: He's Japanese.
    Screenshot-44_zpscpz5qkcj.jpg
    Screenshot-43_zps2yomexr2.jpg
    Screenshot-56_zpszdlqagfp.jpg
    Screenshot-60_zpsh66gdwe2.jpg
    Screenshot-46_zpsavngrq6n.jpg

The second is Nigel Donaghue. Usually looks average, but he's secretly smokin'!

Everyday
    Screenshot-122_zpst8j0r844.jpg
    Formal :kissing_heart:
    Screenshot-62_zpsse2bhtqq.jpg
    See? He's really hot. He just needs your guidance.
    potentials_zpsi8pk4zpm.png

Gentleman Peculiar is ideal for parties and living, of course! . It has soccer, golf, basketball, pool, hot tub, massage table, ballet, BBQ, Tea, darts, piano, tv, computer, baking station... :star::star::star:

Screenshot-108_zpsj6owq09k.jpg
    Screenshot-136_zpsdgfzih3g.jpg
    Screenshot-137_zpsvhs9hb7p.jpg
    Screenshot-131_zpsivehvlnh.jpg
    Screenshot-127_zpsvuzusix1.jpg
    Screenshot-123_zpslsn4nt1l.jpg
    Screenshot-135_zpsseifpd9m.jpg
    Screenshot-148_zpsyf947rw8.jpg
    Screenshot-161_zpslvwhmfhf.jpg
    Screenshot-153_zpsehjoriw0.jpg

The sims and the home are very special gifts that you created for the gift exchange! :)
    Mack and Nigel are very handsome! :) Gentleman Peculiar is a very nice home! Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks very nice! The wooden and stone texture of the exterior gives a very nice look to the home. The flower and plant beds on the front edges of the lot look very nice. Nice hanging chair sitting nook on the front porch for sims to enjoy relaxing there in the outdoors air. The type of and placement of the windows in the build looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It is nice that there are touches of a theme of a traveller who has returned home and has items in the rooms as a memory of their time away in our countries, The kitchen area is very nice! The blue colour of the kitchen furnishings gives a great look to the area. Very nice dining area! The lion looks great on the wall, and the patterned floor rug under the table looks nice there and goes well with the animal theme of the area. The animal picture and plates on the wall are nice touches in the room area. Very nice living room fireplace sittting area! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas in front of the fire and having a chat. The purple colour of the seating gives a nice look and the wall picture complements well with the colour scheme. The books are homely on the coffee table. The Eiffel Tower looks great there.Very nice study room! The circle wall pattern looks great! Sims will enjoy siting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book. The furnishing of the master bedroom and the nursery looks very nice! The flooring textures in the bedrooms look nice. Very nice corner armchair sitting and reading nook in the nursery. The flower floor rug looks pretty there, and the teddy picture and bird growth chart look cute!
    The home and the sims are very nice! :)
    Boyfriend distractions are OVER!!! ;):p I am back with a new build or reno or whatever you wish to call it... *Shrugs*

Baby Bear's Woodland Eatery

Screenshot-179_zpsg9glogh1.jpg

So, this is called Baby Bear's Woodland Eatery. It's a renovation of B'jorn's Cafe in Aurora skies. I think it might fit better in Hidden Springs, though. :/ Anyway, I really just wanted to try something a little different. I've been itching to do a restaurant and wanted something that would be considered family friendly. I remembered going to this place called Family Buggy, when I was a lot younger. It only closed a few years ago and I got some of my inspiration from there. When you went in, you'd be introduced to a bunch of beanie babies and other toys... I wanted to do a similar thing here. So, I basically kept the original look of the building, changed the walls inside a bit, and put the toy store beside the restaurant as a souvenir shop.

Screenshot-195_zpsncfbnqm6.jpg
    Screenshot-164_zpsyigtrpvb.jpg

This is the main floor of the restaurant (there's a porch in the back with additional seating, right beside the small playground area, outside. Above that is more additional seating areas, so your sims have tons of options). I put the pedestal with the investigator folder by the front door, as if it were a real restaurant with reserved seating and whatnot. To the right of the door (not pictured) is a hallway. I placed some pancake shaped chairs there to mimic the large statue out front and that serves as a small waiting area. Of course it's more of a decoration than anything else. There are plenty of seats around the lot. LOL.

Screenshot-165_zps9zcdqpdn.jpg

To keep with the theme, here is the bear theme bathrooms. Of course other animals made there way on the lot as well.

Screenshot-193_zpskin1tbgw.jpg

The cook's kitchen is purposely more modern. They need the best quality products to prepare the food.

Screenshot-175_zps1fsqz7ff.jpg

I was a little unsure about what to do upstairs. I had already filled so many spaces with dining tables and chairs. The playground for the children was already built. Then, I didn't want to leave my woodland/bear theme. So, I just put some other items down that sims might interact with. It's a reading nook and skill area for all ages...

Screenshot-177_zpsragluwcd.jpg

What did I just tell you?

Screenshot-182_zpsemn1bi2a.jpg
    Screenshot-188_zpsllqncfkx.jpg

And last but not least, the toy shop. Yeah, it's got lots of patterns and stuffs for your sims to buy. And a little desk for "the workers." *Wink* Wink*
    Baby Bear's Eatery looks very nice! :) The design of the build with it being both a restaurant and a toy shop looks great! The Bears theme of the build looks very nice! The statue holding the pancakes outside the front of the venue looks great! Very nice toy store! The birds and blossoms wall pattern looks very pretty! The toys on display look great how they are placed there! Very nice eatery area ! The type of wooden seats and tables used looks nice and suits the theme very well! The pedestal with the open booking page book looks great! The floral wall pattern where the glass case shelving is looks pretty! The condiments are nice touches on the dining tables.
    It is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy visiting :)
    Thank you, @Rosemow. Heh. The seating and tables are very fun. I love the pillows on them and the shapes of the table. The store content is just the best... i think i actually know more about the store items than i do about items with eps and sps. :lol:

O, I love this eatery. Super cute, rustic and fun. I love the warm wood tones, pops of colours and woodland theme. Great build =)
    edited December 2016
    I got a new sim to share! :mrgreen: His name is Ethan Shaffer.

So, this time I was going for more boyish look. Usually, I like guys that look kind of manly, older looking and so to achieve that, they usually have really big features, particularly in the chin. I chose to go with this narrow, pointy looking chin, instead and then highlighted it with facial hair because I likes it. :blush: It reminded me of The Flash (Wally West) in the DC animated show Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. The nose is similar to a picture I found online. It's a lot rounder and softer than ones I might do with older looking sims and then I made the eyes smaller and closer together, too, I think. Anyway, that's just how I went about creating him, if anyone would like my tips. :wink:

On to the pictures!

Screenshot-2_zpsj5ktdruf.jpg
    So, this ones not my favorite screenshot of him. I mean, don't get me wrong, he looks FINE. However, he doesn't really show off his cute, boyish charms that inspired me to make him. :/ But out of the screenshots I took, it might be the one to spark other simmers interests *cough* *cough* :tongue:

Screenshot-73_zpswar6ocgw.jpg
    MY fave! <3:love:

Screenshot-74_zpsv0h8hqgt.jpg
    I also thought this was cute.

Screenshot-80_zpsi41ie22g.jpg
    He's been working out in my game and so, decided to help himself to a snow cone...

Screenshot-89_zpsqeeust3t.jpg
    ...Which then fell on the ground due to BRAIN FREEZE! :confounded:

Screenshot-92_zps6d2t0ldi.jpg
    And I also thought this was a cute screenshot of him sharing a funny video to his new girl friend. To me, it looks similar to The Sims 4, which might be neat, depending on who you ask. :lol:

OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT!

Screenshot-77_zpsl5dbbzmu.jpg
    Pouty lips! This was taken right before the hot dog eating contest started. He lost, by the way. He was the last to... Wait! He didn't even finish! He ran to the side to puke afterwards. Lol.

Well, that's it. I hope you guys like my new sim. I was just itching to make one, since building isn't working out for me too much. Haha. It's those dang roofs and trying to figure out some basic tips and tricks for CFE.
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on