Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

60smusicluvr's Rockin' Creations: Brooklyn Brownstones 8/5/20

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just now stumbled upon this thread! Wow! This is a spectacular build!!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @GraceyManor, hee! :D Thanks! I've got a few things that will be revealed later this month, when the aMAYzing gift exchange is finished.
    I was happy to participate in the aMAYzing gift exchange, this season. My buddy was Kgaff and she challenged me to do things a little differently than what I'm used to and it was a lot of fun!

I made more things in a single month than I ever had before, so let's get started!

(I'll post each project separately, so they'll be more organized on the front page links)
    The first gift I created was K.I.S.S. or "Keep it simple, Stupid". I affectionately named that to remind myself not to go overboard like you all know I'm used to. ;)

The exterior of the home was a simple structure that allowed me to get a good head start on my gifts, so I wouldn't fall behind. The last time I participated, it was 2016 and I wasn't as confidant about my building skills. I struggled a lot. This time it came SO easy, but it's best not to get carried away and over complicate things.

The mailboy, for whatever reason, just has to plop the mail down in the bushes and it comes with a little fuss, if you get my drift. I would suggest cancelling the mail delivery service as this can get pretty annoying.
    mmaSr3p.jpg

The 'theme' was a traditional style and I've found many modern, traditional style homes have a grand staircase at the entrance. I've wanted to do this for ages. I had little room, but I managed to moo in the staircase piece from the mansion store set. I struggled getting the colors to match perfectly, but that's about as close as anyone's going to get.

Q49v64f.jpg

To the right, I have this beautiful archway with glass frames that opens the study further alongside the Gothic Glamour Home Office- Helipophobia Harm Window

aQau4pZ.jpg

The living room has very delicate colors with little pops here and there.
    rUGXjKq.jpg
    7cKkdmp.jpg

The kitchen and dining flow really well with each other and is made to look very open, even though they are separate rooms.
    m2kKJUG.jpg

White cabinets are always classy and I brought in some old style with the pops of gold in the curtain and rugs, which go really well with the dining chairs.
    iuE04rD.jpg

I made really good use with the WA nector racks as more cabinet space.
    r0R1vYK.jpg

There's a small laundry room (I didn't put hampers anywhere in this build), which leads out to the back porch, which then steps down to the backyard and pool
    jjUmcPu.jpg
    RUTx3ZL.jpg

I used a Pinterest picture as a guide for the exterior of the home. While making the second story, I realized that the windows would cut into the roof and would end up looking partially chopped if I didn't somehow raise the floor up. So, I had to go in my handy dandy cheats and pull out 'Constrainfloorelevation false'. This made a cool effect on the inside with this upper level split level. As a consequence of that, more floor clicks come in and I don't like going up and down so many floors. I decided to go into 'buydebug' and place a hidden room marker on the split level portion. This hides the floor, so you won't have to go up and down so many levels. It does make the lot price go down and restrict you from adding things outside your unit. So, anything without a wall or fence around it cannot be edited without the 'restrictbuildbuyinbuilding off' cheat. You can also remove the marker using that same cheat.
    peNSEgl.jpg
    PmCtIgg.jpg

I have two bedrooms up here. However, a third room with workout equipment could be easily converted into a child's bedroom if need be.
    6JP4HZt.jpg
    npzXILP.jpg

There are 2 1/2 bathrooms in this home and this is the general look of them all
    ApzruHE.jpg
    My second gift was a test run for my next gift, but it turned out super cute. I don't have much else to say other than that!

rKpSSE7.jpg
    rP9e7uI.jpg
    ejPY2er.jpg
    DrKMs94.jpg
    LAhBymt.jpg
    2t2ePDo.jpg
    lOkeSmZ.jpg
    gTFWV4J.jpg
    FgM0m8q.jpg
    b1bUP6v.jpg
    glmoBbB.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Sunny Side Up was supposed to be the big BANG!, but it became a little bit too much for me to handle. :s But I love the landscaping and I love Second Empires and I love this home!

hSeQ9bX.jpg
    fLPVAjo.jpg
    XpcxxPx.jpg
    wvnv2t9.jpg
    419OJUk.jpg
    sqivhGF.jpg
    EmDnCQ9.jpg
    7iycgRU.jpg
    73cGT9R.jpg
    8ZuK6vv.jpg
    My last gift is Kgaff's Contemporary, a one story home with a slightly dark and masculine color pallet. I think it would make a great bachelor pad or a home for two couples.

OD8f3ew.jpg
    g5RzsXU.jpg
    iRQMawo.jpg
    RCHukC4.jpg
    UCny0pE.jpg
    1DCRrL0.jpg
    lxgSInv.jpg
    VQf04P0.jpg
    FE2ZatP.jpg
    eFiB8D6.jpg
    SYKcZXl.jpg
    n8hVJk6.jpg
    bCmkygk.jpg
    Jbsr868.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Each of the of the gifts are very special! :) You have designed and furnished them so very well! They are very lovely gifts!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

My goodness you certainly have been busy. Great builds with such detail. My fav room in KISS is the kitchen incl the touches of gold. Hello Sunshine is such a happy home with vibrant colour and I love the shape of the building. And the contemporary is so nicely sophisticated. Well done 🤗🌟
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Loving all your wonderful builds dear! <3

Thank you! I'm working on something new, right now!

edited June 2019

Backstory Inside :scream:
    From my view of things, the Landcaster’s were an odd bunch. Like, who in their right mind likes antique furniture in the 21st century and searches high and low for the oldest and ugliest furniture they can possibly find? Well, not me, but the Lancaster’s, OF COURSE!

They were a well-to-do family, but only God knows what they did for a living. Every time I saw them, little Edward and Margaret (I think those were their names!) were happily playing ball with their Scottie and big Edward—He was working on his beat up, old car, daily. Esmeralda preferred the garden and drinking tea with the neighbors. She frequently had people over, presumably to gossip. I know more than once, guests would stay the night. I still have no clue who they were. . .

This seemingly perfect family crumbled, when on one, sunny afternoon, big Edward died. I was genuinely concerned that beat up old car of his would one day crush his torso. However, nobody and I mean nobody got an explanation, but it obviously wasn’t that. I didn’t see anything odd that day through my window.

Esmeralda insisted not to have a funeral. Why? She has more than enough to pay for it.

For the next year, Esmeralda raised her two children on her own. The kids didn’t attend school like they used to. I suspect this was because Esmeralda began homeschooling them. She seemed to have less and less time in the garden. The one thing that did stay the same was the frequent guest visits and stays. One neighbor told me that he didn’t see any of her guests make it out of the house, one night. ‘What do you mean they didn’t make it out of the house?!’ ‘Why, the only things that I saw hopping down the steps were four little toads.’ ‘Clearly, you had too much to drink because you’re not making any sense!’

Two weeks after the anniversary of Edward Lancaster’s death, Esmeralda and her two, little children went missing without a trace. Their little Scottish terrier was barking like mad for hours upon hours, so I knew it was time for me to get involved. Something is seriously wrong with Esmeralda, I thought.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    To this day, I wonder whatever happened with the Lancaster’s.

~FIN~

nawktGi.jpg

Esmeralda Lancaster's big, beautiful garden almost wraps around the entirety of the house. Behind the gazebo was Edward and Margaret's preferred play area with their Scottie dog.

GE1WFLP.jpg

5AdUE2a.jpg

Esmeralda loved to host gatherings and tea parties in the entry nook.
    d1xTE2i.jpg

Isyx7bH.jpg

GM9lkEL.jpg

kxPdpSo.jpg

mNzJHXB.jpg

nyD9JML.jpg

The coffee is getting cold.
    odNDXDo.jpg

There are three bathrooms in this home, with some different color changes.
    wp6UA0w.jpg

The hallway leading to all the bedrooms and the guest room.
    3GdZAIQ.jpg

WyaS0BR.jpg

Widowed Esmeralda's bedroom

skddqKs.jpg

Edward Lancaster II bedroom
    ifbxnh1.jpg

Margaret's bedroom
    HB6px3N.jpg

The guest bedroom
    4hq1AYD.jpg

Third floor hallway
    qtoSr6u.jpg

Scottie bed
    CuOuL5r.jpg

Movie theater
    Qm1RPqr.jpg

Small play room
    1eYuPEt.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Very creatively written background story details of the Landcaster family, which you have then reflected so very well in the home, and the pictures that you have posted of it! It is a very lovely home! Very lovely exterior design, beautiful outdoors, garden and landscaping and such very nice interior furnishings ! The colours and patterns are lovely! Very beautiful bedrooms!
    It is a very lovely family home! :)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @60smusicluvr I don't know why, but I didn't realize you had a showcase thread. :s I get in my little bubble of only looking at the threads I have bookmarked and don't make time to look through the forums. But it's bookmarked now and I still have many pages to look through but I like what I see. I had to laugh at you making Flo from the insurance commercials, lol...she looks just like her! I love your latest build, the Lancaster Residence, very pretty architecture and interior decor. Will return when I have more time to look. :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I love what you have done with The Lancaster's Residence @60smusicluvr beautiful and wonderful!
    Thank you so much, @rosemow. I had a lot of fun all around this lot and especially the bedrooms (that's a first! Lol).

@Sandraelle, I suspect the same with many people on here forums. It's just a hunch, based off of the amount of comments I see elsewhere compared to my own thread. If only I had come out to build for the sims 3, back in its glory days (i was too busy collecting store content to play the game) . . . *sigh* Thanks for checking out my thread. :blush: Lol, yeah, Flo turned out pretty well. I don't even think I have her on my computer anymore, so that funny pic of her will have to do! :D

Thank you, @BreeMiles! @Kgaff's gift request has got me in the mood for Victorians and I wanted to do a more traditional second empire than the one I gifted her.

@Sandraelle, I suspect the same with many people on here forums. It's just a hunch, based off of the amount of comments I see elsewhere compared to my own thread. If only I had come out to build for the sims 3, back in its glory days (i was too busy collecting store content to play the game) . . . *sigh* Thanks for checking out my thread. :blush: Lol, yeah, Flo turned out pretty well. I don't even think I have her on my computer anymore, so that funny pic of her will have to do! :D

@60smusicluvr . I actually was building for a few years before I even discovered these forums and then it took me a while to get the nerve to actually upload something to the exchange. Then it took me even longer to have enough confidence to start my own showcase thread. I get sad when I think about how active Sims 3 used to be (before S4), as it used to be so much fun entering contests and gathering store items, and the threads moved so fast. It sure is a different feel now. I'm glad you friend requested me so that I could see that you had a showcase thread. Look forward to looking through more of your pictures. :)

Sandraelle wrote: »

@60smusicluvr . I actually was building for a few years before I even discovered these forums and then it took me a while to get the nerve to actually upload something to the exchange. Then it took me even longer to have enough confidence to start my own showcase thread. I get sad when I think about how active Sims 3 used to be (before S4), as it used to be so much fun entering contests and gathering store items, and the threads moved so fast. It sure is a different feel now. I'm glad you friend requested me so that I could see that you had a showcase thread. Look forward to looking through more of your pictures. :)

@Sandraelle, I had to go back in your showcase thread to see when you started it. That's two months before I got the laptop I'm using now and joined the sims 3 site. :o:'( Looking back, I sort of regret being so obsessed with collecting store content. I set alarms for the wee hours of the night to get the daily deals. I spent almost the entirety of my sim time on the forums (and the rest watching dear Quxxn on Youtube. RIP :cry: )and never downloaded from the exchange because I was too scared, so I missed a lot of that fun. I really enjoyed TS2 and was reluctant to purchase sims 3 and only did because the old computer messed all my saves up, but building was always my thing. :) I really wish I played the game more and shared with the community, back then. I missed out on a lot, like all the competitions (though, I don't think I would've made the top. There was too much talent for me to squeeze in :D ).
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Awesome build @60smusicluvr!

The Lancaster's Residence has great curb appeal :D ... even though the story around the family seems rather mysterious and a little spooky :o .
    Love all the interior design especially the entry nook, the kitchen and Edward Lancaster II's bedroom <3 x

@Sandraelle, I had to go back in your showcase thread to see when you started it. That's two months before I got the laptop I'm using now and joined the sims 3 site. :o:'( Looking back, I sort of regret being so obsessed with collecting store content. I set alarms for the wee hours of the night to get the daily deals. I spent almost the entirety of my sim time on the forums (and the rest watching dear Quxxn on Youtube. RIP :cry: )and never downloaded from the exchange because I was too scared, so I missed a lot of that fun. I really enjoyed TS2 and was reluctant to purchase sims 3 and only did because the old computer messed all my saves up, but building was always my thing. :) I really wish I played the game more and shared with the community, back then. I missed out on a lot, like all the competitions (though, I don't think I would've made the top. There was too much talent for me to squeeze in :D ).

Oh wow...we've been here about the same amount of time then. Yeah, I remember trying to catch those daily store deals and sales so well. I remember being at work (and supposed to be working, lol) and clicking on those ads to get free simpoints, lol. Those were the days, lol. Yep, building has always been my thing too. I regret not getting into playing more as there is still so much I don't know about game play. But I found it kinda boring and repetitious, so I just liked the creating part. Yeah I was intimidated most times at entering the competitions due to the talent level out there. Back then I didn't pay enough attention to routing issues either, so I'm sure some of my earlier builds are not very functional, lol.

Back then I didn't pay enough attention to routing issues either, so I'm sure some of my earlier builds are not very functional, lol.

Tell me about it. :D

@Hidehi, yeah, the story is coming from the perspective of the neighbor across the street that wasn't friendly with them, but umm . . . The family is not some dark force on the block in the slightest. LOL. :D But they do have a mystery with the disappearance of course and some other things . . . It all adds up in one of the rooms that I did not share in the pictures. >:)

Thank you! I like how all the rooms turned out, especially the bedrooms and the mystery room. :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Ooo I really like the Lancaster's residence and all the nooks, crannies and details. Well done! 🤗
    @soocoolsim, thanks SO much! :blush: I had lots of fun creating it.