Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there something wrong with Simpoint purchasing?

I tried to purchase some simpoints to take advantage of this sale, but I keep getting a system error after trying to input my VISA gift card (you know the kind that works like credit upto the card balance?)

Has anyone else had this issue?
tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've heard through my page that there are store issues right now. That's why I keep getting Liam'd everywhere I go.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited April 2014
    *makes guh face*

Gosh... I really hope it gets fixed before this sale is over... Because I have a shopping list and funds waiting to buy simpoints!

Come on EA! I got $40 bucks with your name on it!
  • DaleyettonDaleyetton Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm also having this problem and have posted in the store technical forum as well. Neither of my cards nor my paypal account will work!!!

Have tried the online technical thing but I was just left hanging on for ages so gave up.

I have been trying ever since the sale started and well if EA don't want my £24 so I could buy the bakery and Aurora Skies then that is their hard luck.

Not cool EA, not cool!!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    You can buy simpoints over at Origin as long as you're totally up to date and fully patched. It worked fine for a cash card buying points over there.

I DON'T THINK GIFT cards work at the store - credit cards, "certain" debit cards, and pay pal work at the sims 3 store. But I had 20 dollars in a cash card I put in my sims wallet and then used that to buy simpoints - all over at Origin.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't have any EA cash cards right now. I tried to use my bank card at first, and I got the 'system error' thing. Then I pulled out a gift card I had, thinking that maybe my CCV code on my bank card rubbed off.

If this doesn't get fixed before the sale is over, I'm gonna be bummed - because I just got some extra money in my budget today to spend on Sims stuff.

Does anyone know if you can add money via origin using a bank/debit card?