Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess I'll need to wait for a "Call" option to come available for EA help.

I didn't choose this option at about 2:30 my time because I didn't want anyone calling and waking my little one.
I'm assuming that because today is Easter, the only option is live chat with the outsourced "help".

As some of you know, sometimes items/sets/venues don't show as owned when they are included with a larger set/compilation pack.
This was the case with the Stones Throw Greenhouse. I got it as part of the Best of 2012 Compilation on 8/23/13.
I noticed the green Download button that came up on the DD the last time. This time - green Download button. I thought that if I hit the green button, it would take it out of the pool of options for my MMAO.
Well, simpoints were deducted and I'm not happy.

The words in parenthesis are my afterthoughts.
Mahipal
Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Mahipal. How may I assist you today?
Mahipal
Hello,
you
I had the green download button for the Stones Throw Greenhouse on the DD this morning. I already own it from the Best of 2012 Compilation in my purchase history on 8/23/13. I was still charged for it.
you
I thought that if i hit the download button, it would clear it from coming up on my MMAO.
Mahipal
Okay,
Mahipal
Let me check your account first.
Mahipal
Would you mind holding for a minute while I check your account in our database?
you
Sure.
(several minutes passed and I know it didn't take me this long to log into my purchase history, change the setting to display 64 items per page and find Best of 2012 on the third page. :? )
you
Hello? Is there a technical issue? :(
Mahipal
Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Mahipal
I have checked your account and found that everything is fine there.
(uh, are we looking at the same info? this is kind of a given :? )
you
I was charged for something I have owned since August about an hour ago.
Mahipal
Did you receive an email?
(why would I receive an email?)
you
No. I started looking for contact info as soon as I realized I was charged for an item I already had.
Mahipal
How did you know that you had charged?
(keep in mind, it's the FIRST item in my purchase history now :? )
you
It's in my purchase history. 1102 points for Stones Throw Greenhouse. I had this venue from the Best of 2012 Compilation that is in my purchase history as of 8/23/13.
Mahipal
Okay,
you
I didn't get a "Buy Now" button, it was a green download button.
you
I own it as part of a bigger set, but for some reason the system doesn't recognize my owning it as an individual venue.
(another thing to keep in mind, I don't type that fast and at after 3am, I'm certainly not going to - several minutes have passed since the "representative's" last Okay,
you
Hello?
(I waited about another five minutes then closed the chat to go to bed)

I've come to the conclusion that EA's outsourced "help" is either completely incompetent or lazy.

And by the way - Happy Easter all!
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    sorry this happen to you

I know this won't help (and yes the chat stinks... only + is you got it in text)

but when ever I buy a big item (or use the claim now option) I take a screenshot first... becouse I have had what heppen to you happen.... and it was a battle getting the money (took a week) well more a battle of gettign the right CS... I got that when I called and it took 10 mintus then it was fixed....

I hope you get it fixed

but advice for any other time when buying/downloading big items take a before screen shot that shows your level of point and that hte set is free/what it costs...
    I also do this for buying points....
    after I have done that... well any problems get fixed very fast becouse I got proves...

again hope you get it sorted relativly easy... when you find a good CS person
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited April 2014
    That same exact thing happened to me. I hit the green download button for the greenhouse and it charged me. Try the chat-help again and hopefully you'll find better assistance. I think I had to contact them twice for the help but at the end they refunded my points. I think I said something like I was charged for something I already owned and told them when I purchased it on DD and the name of the compilation that I owned. It took about 15-20 minutes to clear up the mistake but they gave me a 15% off coupon to buy something from Origin afterward. Good luck!
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    I find the live chat people to be utterly useless, but the phone folks are very helpful.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    I find the live chat people to be utterly useless, but the phone folks are very helpful.

That's because the chat CS is outsourced to a call center located somewhere in India. Unfortunately, many US companies do this because it's cheaper labor and even worse, these people know absolutely nothing about the company (in this case particularly about the game or the store).
    Yes, they are utterly useless. :evil:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    tamalinn wrote:

That's because the chat CS is outsourced to a call center located somewhere in India. Unfortunately, many US companies do this because it's cheaper labor and even worse, these people know absolutely nothing about the company (in this case particularly about the game or the store).

usally the don't even know what the sims is and the store is strange to them... they think I play pogo some times (how they think that when I clicked sims 3 I don't know

and the are worse at english than me........

nop chat is not worth a penny
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That same exact thing happened to me. I hit the green download button for the greenhouse and it charged me. Try the chat-help again and hopefully you'll find better assistance. I think I had to contact them twice for the help but at the end they refunded my points. I think I said something like I was charged for something I already owned and told them when I purchased it on DD and the name of the compilation that I owned. It took about 15-20 minutes to clear up the mistake but they gave me a 15% off coupon to buy something from Origin afterward. Good luck!

Glad to know it was sorted out for you. :mrgreen: I can't stand the thought of so many people getting shafted because of this same issue.

I think the person I was connected to didn't even bother to check. I gave him/her all the info he/she needed up front. All he/she had to do was confirm it and refund - it doesn't take a college degree to see what happened if you simply look at the info that should have been brought up.

*spelling errors - drives me insane when I find them
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    tamalinn wrote:

usally the don't even know what the sims is and the store is strange to them... they think I play pogo some times (how they think that when I clicked sims 3 I don't know

Nope, they have no clue. It's money for them and they are not trained to know anything about anything.
    Your English isn't that bad, give yourself a little credit. I can figure out what you are trying to say. :wink: Heck, sometimes my English isn't so great and it's my native language! I use the excuse that I'm from the South. :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    tamalinn wrote:

Nope, they have no clue. It's money for them and they are not trained to know anything about anything.
    Your English isn't that bad, give yourself a little credit. I can figure out what you are trying to say. :wink: Heck, sometimes my English isn't so great and it's my native language! I use the excuse that I'm from the South. :lol:

thank you... I learnt a lot of english being on the forum... but there is things I use translater for... and then it can get funny :lol: and words I just don't get.
    and trust me compared to many danes I'm not good at english (granded gotten better the last years - thank you simmers) my grades in what = highschool (last time I had english) was just over the midle...

and there is quite a few people that have said I'm rude (when I been strait to the point do to translater) so your words about being esy enough to understand means the world to me.

but really... a 4 grade danish studen will do better than the chat people on most days.... well some will atleast... and danish kids get english in grade 3 (some before though)

and we all do make mistakes... but if your WORK is to chat in english you better be able to do that... and do it well enough to chat with people that don't do it well....
    basically the chat people don't ahve the skills (in english or service) to do service in english...