Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to gift during the store-wide sale - guide

Currently it is possible to gift your friends, despite EA saying you can't.
However, gifting is very limited at the moment.

What you have to know:
Sale prices do not apply. You have to pay FULL price gifting somebody.
Only the first three items on somebody's wishlist are giftable.

How to do it:
1. Go to the person's My Page.
2. Look to the right ("My Wishlist (3)").
3. Click on the link "Gift this item".

Do NOT click on the wishlist or the item, because the gifting button does not appear there.

PS: Let's try to keep this on page 1 until the sale ends. Some people might want to gift their friends a little something for Easter or want to gift SP-prizes they sponsored in a contest. Let them know it is possible!
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    THANK YOU
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    That could be very useful to know... Thank you for the information :)
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    THANK YOU

You're very welcome!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ah, I see :)

Thank you for posting this information! :mrgreen:
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for sharing, I had heard that you could gift the first 3 items, but I didn't know they charged full price. Cheeky since it shows the sale prices on the mypages.
    edited April 2014
    Thelessy wrote:
    Thanks for sharing, I had heard that you could gift the first 3 items, but I didn't know they charged full price. Cheeky since it shows the sale prices on the mypages.

very... BUT I actually think the gifting this way is a bug.... not that I mind... I jsut wish we could gift from wish list... and if perfect WITH sale price... why punish people that like to gift (and often do this = spend many money in their store)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for sharing! I moved something on my WL to the first slot because if I get it I'd be able to use CYS for that whole compilation! :lol: but I'm not expecting anything at all. Mostly it's a reminder that if I get enough ads that should be my first purchase ;)
    edited April 2014
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2014
    Anette! Thank you so much! My phone beeped before I put it on silent to let me know I had an email - I'm so excited to play with the compilation tomorrow morning! :D:D:D
    edited April 2014
    no problme... glad it worked = I might do what I was thinking about any way... might as this is more... hmm dificult for what I wanted
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited April 2014
    It's so annoying that you can't gift the sales.
    Although I have a couple of times, I can't usually afford to give my friends whole sets, but I love to shower little odds and ends on people, it's especially good with CYS to help people out that way. It would be great to be able to get people some good deals.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited April 2014
    So, I just gifted a few people and noticed there were a few items that were cheaper than normal. Not sure if it was truly the sale or what. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited April 2014
    It is sad that it is limited items you can gift and when u gift,u need to spend more! :?

I donot have simpoints,but if i have, i would want to giftmy friends,especially on sale period as i probably can gift more items/more people! That's like punishing the people who want to gift! :roll:

In any case, that is useful thread for people who want to gift! Thank you Erja! :D

have u all lovel day!Happy easter to you guys!
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm confuzzled! When I was prowling people's Wishlist, the Gift This Item button was there and as green as usual! :hunf:
    edited April 2014
    Ra345 wrote:
    Thanks for sharing! I moved something on my WL to the first slot because if I get it I'd be able to use CYS for that whole compilation! :lol: but I'm not expecting anything at all. Mostly it's a reminder that if I get enough ads that should be my first purchase ;)

I did the same with the items from "Fifth Avenue Fashions". I'm currently 405 SP away from getting it free.
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for sharing!

I moved some items on top of my wishlist because I'm only 105 sp away from getting the India Inspirations Collection for free. :)
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2014
    Good to know! :)
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited April 2014
    KleineMuff wrote:
    Thank you for sharing!

I moved some items on top of my wishlist because I'm only 105 sp away from getting the India Inspirations Collection for free. :)

... can you CYS it now? :twisted: *crossfingers*
    edited April 2014
    Daelia wrote:
    KleineMuff wrote:
    Thank you for sharing!

... can you CYS it now? :twisted: *crossfingers*

I'm about to complete it for her! :twisted:

Edit: Done! :)

edited April 2014

Thank you so very much! Now I'm only 340 SP away from owning "Fifth Avenue Fashions".
    edited April 2014
    Erja888 wrote:

Thank you so very much! Now I'm only 340 SP away from owning "Fifth Avenue Fashions".

I may have sent you another because gifting other people is fun! :)

• DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited April 2014
    Erja888 wrote:

Isn't it though? :twisted:
    edited April 2014
    Erja888 wrote:

Thanks so much. That's very generous of you! Btw: The set is down to 275 SP now.
    edited April 2014
    Daelia wrote:
    Erja888 wrote:

Isn't it though? :twisted:

Sneaky!

Thanks for the fireplace! :)

Erja888 wrote:
    Erja888 wrote:

Thanks so much. That's very generous of you! Btw: The set is down to 275 SP now.

Hopefully you can get it before the sale ends! :)

• Bloodrayne2452Bloodrayne2452 Posts: 356 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks! That's good to know! I think not being able to gift with these sales is stupid. Think of how much money EA is missing out on because people can't gift sale items. *shakes head*