Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Nevada - A Post-Apocalyptic World

rossalrossal Posts: 6 New Member
New Nevada

Description
Nearly 100 years after the disasters, the town of New Nevada is still going. In the year 2028, the world superpowers were at war over the rising sea levels due to global warming. On the 8th of August, nuclear bombs were launched all over the world and fire rained from the sky. The few that survived the bombs were now faced with another threat: the flooding of the earth as the polar ice caps continued to melt. All over the world small groups of sims banded together and made for higher ground. That is how the the town of New Nevada was founded, in a valley near one of the highest points of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Now, in the year 2130, all that can be seen for miles is ocean. Will the residents of one of the last pieces of land in the world succeed, or will the town of New Nevada fall into oblivion as so many others have in this new world?

Hey guys!

So, this is my first world, New Nevada :D

I've always wanted a post apocalyptic themed world, but I never really found one to my liking, so I just created my own.

As in the description above, the story I've gone with is that global warming lead to rising sea levels which created tension between some major world superpowers. This eventually led to them launching nuclear bombs at one another all over the world. This however did not stop the sea levels from rising and the few sims who managed to survive the bombs were forced to keep moving to higher ground. So now there would be just a few pieces of land left located near the tops of the highest mountains. In this case New Nevada was founded by some sims who, when the sea continued to rise, made for the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Smart move on their part, as the sea stopped rising a while after they arrived around October 2028. Now that the ice caps have melted, and the sea is once again stable, they're pretty much trapped up in the mountains. Were there other sims as smart as them in other parts of the world who also made for higher ground when the flooding started,or is this small handful of sims all that remain?
You can decide for yourself :P

It comes populated with 31 sims, 1 pregnancy, 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 horses, all with their own descriptions.

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8165869

Required: All expansions, no stuff packs.

And now for some pictures!!!

An old hunting cabin near the ocean
Z0b5PYR.jpg

The Lone Wolf Saloon
vboH21u.jpg

Easy Pete's General Store
v46r287.jpg

An overview of some houses
wvA32Eq.jpg

Farmhouse on the hill
oZXIIz3.jpg

Same farmhouse
eKYqKxf.jpg

The Bay
4i7NnBq.jpg

Western Village
md3dPHs.jpg

Overview
VSYRzmw.jpg

Another Overview
I hope you like it!!! :D

Comments

• PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    I really really love the terrain paint <3
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
  • rossalrossal Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I really really love the terrain paint <3

Thank you! :-)
  • CrismitCrismit Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nice so far :mrgreen:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi :D

Nice~ it does look Apocalyptic! :thumbup:
  • rossalrossal Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks a lot Rflong7 and Crismit :)
    Btw, I'm a huge fan of your worlds Rflong7 :-o
  • PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    You uploaded without telling us? :) I'm gonna check this world out today.
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
  • MasterMauroMasterMauro Posts: 1 New Member
    looks nice