Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☼ L I F E ☼ Cycle 1 - Closed

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Iona98Iona98 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow wow wow guys, you've all produced some really great stuff so far! I'm excited to score this... So I've now realised a lot of you may be wanting to do a landscape shot so I will change the requirements - you may have the images side by side, or one on top of the other. If you have already posted your assignment and would like to re-position your images feel free to do so, but do not change anything else! :wink:
  • IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Ante- Thank you! :D

Oh I might change the position of my images, that way they'll be easier to see. I'll let you know if/when I edit the post :)
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited July 2014
    May i please have an extension. I cant think of anything good enough...that can help me win.

I may have to drop out...
  • CloverCloudCloverCloud Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2014
    Assignment Two - The Finale

a2rtlg.jpg
    v3lis2.jpg

I hope the poses are similar enough!I know they're not identical poses like in the example but for the life of me I could not find any poses of children on bikes :roll:

It was a serendipitous moment indeed when, on one fine summer day, Morgan walked in to check on a new patient of hers only to discover the grown-up version of a dear childhood friend lying there in the hospital bed, recovering from a couple broken ribs following a bicycle accident. Her memories of Patrick were of a young, energetic, blond-haired goofball, and Morgan quickly found that very little about him had changed (although he had turned into quite a strapping young lad, she couldn't help noticing).

Patrick had been at the Clearwater Orphanage longer than any other child there, and while Morgan remained the 'new orphan' for quite awhile, she and Patrick had bonded instantly and became as thick as thieves for the year that they were there together. It had been a hard loss when Patrick was finally adopted and moved to the far side of the country, and though Morgan had often wished she could find Patrick again and keep in touch she had never been able to get a hold of his whereabouts. All she had was an old photo of them in the orphanage lawn, Patrick with that crazy grin of his and that old red bike he loved so much.

To find him here, now, so long after she had accepted the likely fact that he was gone from her life, was overwhelming. It had been brutal leaving him to attend to her other patients, for within minutes Morgan and Patrick felt as good as friends as they had ever been. Within 2 short days Patrick was released from the hospital, and they were quickly spending much of their free time together.

Looking back, Morgan figured it was inevitable that they fall in love (although terribly cliché, she told Patrick). Outings almost immediately become dates, and not long after that the dates were so many and so frequent that they were spending all their time together.

They road-tripped back to the town where they had grown up, and as they biked through the park where the Clearwater Orphanage had once been, Morgan balancing on the handlebars just as she had done when she was a girl, Patrick offhandedly remarked that it would be a rather fitting place to hold their wedding ceremony, would it not?

It took Morgan a moment to find her voice, but, laughing, she had to agree that it would.
    imageedit_4_5979482218_zpsb717fa34.gif~original
    edited July 2014
    May i please have an extension. I cant think of anything good enough...that can help me win.

I may have to drop out...

Sure it's up to you! (It would be a shame to see you go, but it's your choice, whatevers best)!
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited July 2014
    i'll have my entry up by (latest) sunday, would that require an extension? if so can i has. c:
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will have this up today.. but it might be after midnight by the time I get it. Just saying that I WILL get it done. I'm working on it now.

Edit: I may not get this done today. I may be late.. I worked on it all day today and yesterday, but my game was too slow and I don't even have a set yet and it's already past midnight here, so I'm going to be going to bed soon.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • antebellum13antebellum13 Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bump!
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMG that took forever, sorry I'm so late~

Finale:

Screenshot-81_zpsd8861e0a.png
    Screenshot-82_zps99b5dbf7.png

Nayeli had a best friend, Dustin, from when they were both in kindergarten. They did everything together, and spent all their extra time together (even managed to get a few sleepovers in before they got too old). Dustin was shyer than Nayeli, but because she was more daring than he was, he would dare her to do things that he wasn’t brave enough to do himself.
    There was a specific dare that Dustin repeated every time he and Nayeli passed by the spooky old 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cart on their walk home from school – “I dare you to go knock on the witch’s door and not get eaten!” And every time Nayeli would tell him that he was being silly, and that it wasn’t a witch that lived there. It was a place where a crazy old lady lived, yes, but she wasn’t a witch. It was several months before Nayeli got fed up with his silly dare, and placed her hands on her hips, determined.
    “If I go knock on the door, will you stop daring me to?”
    “Only if you don’t get eaten!”
    “If I get eaten I’ll be DEAD. You can’t dare me when I’m dead.”
    “Yeah but knowing you, you’d haunt me so, I could still dare you.”
    “Whatever, dorkface. I’m gonna do it.” And so she did. Dustin was shocked that she actually did, and hid behind the gate. When she actually got to the door, her nerves nearly got the better of her, but she was tired of the same old routine, so with a large breath, she knocked on the door. Just at that very moment, a high-pitched screech came from the other side of the door, and then a loud crashing noise. THE WITCH WAS GOING TO GET HER! She froze on the spot, like a deer in the headlights, and couldn’t remember how to move. She could hear the witch cursing inside, she was coming close, she was going to get her-
    And then a hand gripped her’s, pulling her away from sure death-by-witch’s-rage. “C’mon, quick, Nayeli, before she gets out here!” Dustin urged, and she felt her feet start to work again, and together they ran as quickly as they could from the witch.
    Years passed, and they never forgot the incident. Slowly, they realized it was a sort of turning point for their relationship. It was just before they were going in to junior high, and they had started to care even more for one another. Even though they went to different high schools after Dustin moved across town, their relationship grew from there, and soon they found themselves engaged to be married. One month, exactly, before they were to be married, they decided to revisit the old “witch’s” place, which they had later realized was actually a fortune teller’s workplace and the woman had had no intention of eating them. Nayeli wanted to get their fortunes told, about how their marriage was going to be.. but Dustin didn’t want to play into that “stupid stuff,” or at least that’s what he said. In reality, he was scared to find out if they didn’t work as a married couple.
    “Come on, you big baby!” Nayeli laughed as she pulled her fiancé towards the cart. “It’s just a fortune! She’s harmless, remember? She’s more likely to lose her teeth than eat you.”
    “That’s not what I’m worried about!” He laughed right back, tugging in the opposite direction.
    “What ARE you worried about, then?”
    “I don’t want to know if we don’t work! I don’t believe in this stuff, it’s ridiculous, but what if it happens to be true? What if it makes me worry? What if I worry about a bad fortune to a point that it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy?!”
    Nayeli stopped pulling on him, and just stared. “That’s what you’re worried about? Silly goose..” she laughed and hugged him from behind. “If that’s all, let’s just get separate fortunes told, okay? It’s just for memory’s sake, after all..”
    And so they did. Nayeli’s fortune said that she was going to bare five daughters and one son, and Dustin’s was that he would become a famous writer, only to have all of his books end up as trashy movies. They laughed them off together, and walked home under the orange light from the sunset.
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
    edited July 2014
    It's gorgeous, Cyan!
    edited July 2014
    Love it Cyan!
    edited July 2014
    Bump for more assignments! :)
    edited July 2014
    Bump for scores! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    Hey Iona - I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow 'til about the 28th, so I won't be on the forums until then. I'll check in once I'm back!
    edited July 2014
    I will have my assignment up tonight guys! I've been totally manic-busy with some good news in my life!
    turns out I'm gonna be an auntie, yay!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    edited July 2014
    Awesome! Babies are so exciting. I just got similar news!

Except the baby is ours! :D (Due in March!)
    edited July 2014
    Bump for assignments/scores!
    edited July 2014
    Awesome! Babies are so exciting. I just got similar news!

Except the baby is ours! :D (Due in March!)

aaaaahh!~ congratulations! you must be so overjoyed, they are so exciting c:
    also i've had to do a massive reinstall of my games and unfortunately i've lost aurora in the process, so even if i did try and replicate her, it won't be the same. :( looks like i can't continue but i wish everyone the best!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
    edited July 2014
    It doesn't seem as tho Iona will be making a return visit...

But I hope she does! :(

Thanks for the gratz!
    edited July 2014
    I'm back from my vacation :).

Congrats to spackichan and antebellum13! That's really exciting news you two!
    edited July 2014
    (Click here for update) ♥