Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Mac User's Best Friend!/PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY NEW PROBLEM THREADS!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    *Bump*
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited May 2014
    I wish a SimGuru would just sticky this, but that would require they visit the Mac threads for a change AND that they admit we have more difficulty getting the game to run than PC folks do.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ::Bump:: it up a little more/get the party goin' on the dance floor/see 'cause that's where the party's at/and you'll find out if you're not too bad
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A shame really since even the EA Customer Support people don't have a clue. Not their fault.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, people. Here is the thread with the three helpful threads in this forum to truly get your game running. Please read.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Moving back to the first page so people can read it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Please read before posting.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I recommend bookmarking this thread as it seems to keep getting lost. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited May 2014
    If you truly want to help people then you shouldn't complain. Simply don't offer your services, you can't always get credit for things in life. The only thing that saved my game was EA's patch 1.6.72.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited August 2014
    That's not true is it candy8? You've had plenty of help from lots of people on these forums and many of us have helped you with your game but you have refused to actually try some of the tips we provide because, in your own words:

post5.jpg?w=764

You're, justifiably, cross with EA for making a game that really doesn't work well in OS X but you can't be bothered to help yourself, instead getting upset when you're not spoon fed the help you demand and crave.

Tremayne is not demanding credit for helping, she's pointing out, as I have done and many others, that you just can't help some people because they're not willing to help themselves.

Starting new, pointless, repetitive threads only serves to push further down the forum the threads which have the answers in them, if only some people actually bothered to look.
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This is how much you were prepared to help yourself:

post3.jpg?w=764
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just wanted to come in here and thank BBF, Tremayne, and the others for their tips. Thanks to you guys, my game now runs smoothly with no crashes.

Thank you all so much for doing what EA couldn't (or more like wouldn't) do. I really appreciate it. :) You all are so great!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's not true is it candy8? You've had plenty of help from lots of people on these forums and many of us have helped you with your game but you have refused to actually try some of the tips we provide because, in your own words:

post3.jpg"width=600""height=175"

You're, justifiably, cross with EA for making a game that really doesn't work well in OS X but you can't be bothered to help yourself, instead getting upset when you're not spoon fed the help you demand and crave.

Tremayne is not demanding credit for helping, she's pointing out, as I have done and many others, that you just can't help some people because they're not willing to help themselves.

Starting new, pointless, repetitive threads only serves to push further down the forum the threads which have the answers in them, if only some people actually bothered to look.

This.

Candy8 if you actually took the time to look at BBF's thread rather then blowing off because it was 'too long' then you would not have come off as lazy and rude and would realize how helpful these people are.

Back on topic, I hope this thread gets stickied so other people can see it and stop posting threads of the same topic and drowning out threads like these. But knowing EA, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Corey but you really don't need to thank us :) I just wish more people would use their brains and stop being so selfish.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    candy8 wrote:
    If you truly want to help people then you shouldn't complain. Simply don't offer your services, you can't always get credit for things in life. The only thing that saved my game was EA's patch 1.67.2.

I wasn't searching for "credit" as you call it. I was trying to get people the information they need to make their game run. Since you seem to be one of those "lazy" people who don't bother to read the helpful information that BlueBellFlora, myself and others have taken the time to compile and put into easy to follow directions. You are free to go b***ch and moan at EA until you're blue in the face and your game still doesn't run and you've wasted hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't work.

Do you know what I did BEFORE I bought Sims 3 last year? I read. I read not only this forum, but MTS and several others on how to add mods, what to do to help get your game running, what mods did before I added them to my game, where to get the best mods and you know what? My game runs perfectly! Yeah, it took a few minutes of my time to do research (something you seem to think is a nasty horrible thing to do and you can't dirty your hands with *gasp* manual labor).

I'm not looking for acknowledgement by EA. I really do like helping people, but when people can't be bothered to help themselves, then yes it does get frustrating. I was raised in an era without smartphones or computers or tablets. I was raised to read books, research the information and LEARN, which I'm guessing is something that your education was sorely lacking. I learned HOW to find the help I need to do what needed to be done. I'm sorry that you feel the need to belittle and make fun of people who try to help others.

@Corey785, you are most welcome. :mrgreen: And thank you for your kind words.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2014
    Howdy! I just saw this on recent topics and wanted to pop in to thank you both - Tremayne4260 for pulling this all together and of course my biggest Mac hero blubellflora

You both are simply the best! It's such a huge relief to know you both offer such great insight to Mac issues - I feel so much better knowing when I direct Mac users over here there is this great new thread!!

Tre instead of bumping you may want to ask nic in tech to get a site mod to sticky :)

Waves to Corey!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    Howdy! I just saw this on recent topics and wanted to pop in to thank you both - Tremayne4260 for pulling this all together and of course my biggest Mac hero blubellflora

You both are simply the best! It's such a huge relief to know you both offer such great insight to Mac issues - I feel so much better knowing when I direct Mac users over here there is this great new thread!!

Tre instead of bumping you may want to ask nic in tech to get a site mod to sticky :)

Waves to Corey!

CEEJAY!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:

Waves to Corey!

Not a problem and thanks for your kind words. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Jesus F-- BUMP

This thread is even on the first page. WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL POSTING THINGS THAT COULD BE EASILY SOLVED BY LOOKING AT THIS THREAD????
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi kids :)

Just stopping by to mention that I tweeted SimGuruRusskii, as she seems like one of the most helpful gurus around, and asked whether it would be possible to unsticky the "Mac help threads" link from this forum - the one that was posted by Hydra in 2010 and is hopelessly outdated. I also mentioned that there are some helpful player-run threads that really should be stickied. I don't know if I'll get an answer but will come back and update you if I do.

In the meantime - may this post serve as a BUMP!

:mrgreen:

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    :thumbup:
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2014
    imagejpg1-7.jpg

I received an answer so let's see if we can get the unhelpful "help" unstuck even if we can't get the helpful help stuck.

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Gentle bump to the top again.

Thanks Caspin! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, Caspin!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    When I spoke to EA Customer service via Chat, they did use BlueBellFlora's guide as one of the threads for Mac Users. But really we should have all three threads sticked or just this one and then we can add to the threads as needed. :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top