Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World: The Wild Wild West by ehaught58

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Come experience the old west when the wild meets the industrial world. Still outfitted with many stables for the horse and buggy era, the automobile encroaches upon the slow-to-change attitudes of the residents of this historical town. Explore the many detailed houses and community lots, or build your own creations in the wide open spaces provided in this world. The Wild Wild West by ehaught58.

Special Note: This world is a re-creation of my world, The Old West. I made it in a smaller, medium-sized world to cut down on file size and travel time. Unlike The Old West, this world contains dirt roads to address lag and routing issues that are associated with roadless worlds. It should run better on older, slower computers. I hope you enjoy playing The Wild Wild West.

Link to world: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8154910

TheWildWildWest_Pic1_zps7c780e3e.jpg
TheWildWildWest_Pic2_zpse937c57c.jpg
TheWildWildWest_Pic3_zps782c2fe8.jpg
TheWildWildWest_Pic4_zpse1f1bd22.jpg

Thank you for your support..... Ed
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yeah!! Thank you, Thank you Thank you. Downloaded, installed and recommended.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited April 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    I'm so happy you did this. One of my issues with custom worlds is how huge they are, while my computer can handle it, it's still no fun trying to navigate such large worlds.

Looking forward to seeing the changes since I did take a look around your other version of this world while ago.

Thanks lucyvp86! :mrgreen: I agree with you about the size of worlds. Smaller is better!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just downloaded and plan to check it out shortly. Look forward to this version a lot. Thanks for sharing with us ED, I know it will be a lot of fun and looks great.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited April 2014
    rotata wrote:
    Yeah!! Thank you, Thank you Thank you. Downloaded, installed and recommended.

Thanks rotata! :mrgreen: I hope it is what you wanted. Let me know what you think about it. :-)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited April 2014
    :O
    This reminds me of projects I used to do as a kid where I'd create a world inside of a box with no top... I just love this concept! It's beautifully done! :D
    edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Just downloaded and plan to check it out shortly. Look forward to this version a lot. Thanks for sharing with us ED, I know it will be a lot of fun and looks great.

Thanks Writin_Reg! :mrgreen: I hope you like it. I have been playing it for a couple of hours and it is running pretty smooth. Let me know what you think. :-)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love the new layout. Including the little western town was a good touch. Haven't been able to actually play it, as I'm having a bit of trouble with the interface. I can't move in any of my families. Then, there was some weirdness in the upper left of my monitor, saying something about a festival lot. I'm running checks on my system to see if there is a conflict somewhere. Will keep you posted.
    edited April 2014
    rotata wrote:
    I love the new layout. Including the little western town was a good touch. Haven't been able to actually play it, as I'm having a bit of trouble with the interface. I can't move in any of my families. Then, there was some weirdness in the upper left of my monitor, saying something about a festival lot. I'm running checks on my system to see if there is a conflict somewhere. Will keep you posted.

I noticed that when I wanted to move in a family that the house icons do not show up on the map. I checked to see how much money my family had and if they had enough to by a particular lot. If they did, I would point at the lot, even though it did not have the house icon, and I was still able to buy it. Try it that way and see if it works for you.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2014
    :D Downloaded and recommended. Thanks for the time you spent redoing this world. I loved your first one, but this will work better on my lappy. I love the train...Thanks again.
    edited April 2014
    :O
    This reminds me of projects I used to do as a kid where I'd create a world inside of a box with no top... I just love this concept! It's beautifully done! :D

Thanks, Oilbasedoleander! :mrgreen: Well, it is a "box" canyon! LOL
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    Hey Ed - I did not end up getting a chance to go in the world after I downloaded, as my hubby came in not long after I posted and brought company over to visit - so there went my sims night. Hopefully sometime this evening I will check it out as I look forward to it.

I hope the no tag issue does not cause other issues as Rflong once had that happen and never could fix it. I do not recall if there were issues - bit I believe there was as Rflong pulled the world and trued to fix it. It ended up she had to go back to an earlier save level and rebuild from there and the second time it was fine.

Even though I don't actually recall exact issues in my head, I keep thinking that might have been the world that started getting time freezes after a few days, and eventually started crashing - bit I test soooo many worlds I am not positive if it was that world or a different one. I do know any world that has had that issue ends up having to get redone, as I have seen it before Rflongs and after Rflongs in other worlds. We always hope someone stumbles on what causes that to happen - but if anyone has they have not shared it. I just know the world becomes unstable in the ones I have came across. Hope this does not happen to this one.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yo Cowboy Ed! You KNOW how much I loved the original but yeah, it wasn't exactly game-play friendly due to its size AND without real roads but I did make it work for a short while. I hope your new version downloads/installs OK so I can start playing it again. I'll let ya know!

♥ Cameo
    TS3Siggy.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Hey Ed - I did not end up getting a chance to go in the world after I downloaded, as my hubby came in not long after I posted and brought company over to visit - so there went my sims night. Hopefully sometime this evening I will check it out as I look forward to it.

I hope the no tag issue does not cause other issues as Rflong once had that happen and never could fix it. I do not recall if there were issues - bit I believe there was as Rflong pulled the world and trued to fix it. It ended up she had to go back to an earlier save level and rebuild from there and the second time it was fine.

Even though I don't actually recall exact issues in my head, I keep thinking that might have been the world that started getting time freezes after a few days, and eventually started crashing - bit I test soooo many worlds I am not positive if it was that world or a different one. I do know any world that has had that issue ends up having to get redone, as I have seen it before Rflongs and after Rflongs in other worlds. We always hope someone stumbles on what causes that to happen - but if anyone has they have not shared it. I just know the world becomes unstable in the ones I have came across. Hope this does not happen to this one.

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed. I have been playing this world for about 7 Sim-days and I have not run across any problems,yet...knock on wood! :? I have been modifying and adding things to suit my taste as I have been playing, so needless to say, I have been having a lot of fun with it. :-) Let me know if you have any issues with it. If things go bad, I will have to tap into Rflongs expertise.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    Yo Cowboy Ed! You KNOW how much I loved the original but yeah, it wasn't exactly game-play friendly due to its size AND without real roads but I did make it work for a short while. I hope your new version downloads/installs OK so I can start playing it again. I'll let ya know!

♥ Cameo

Thanks Cam, keep me informed! :mrgreen:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    citytube wrote:
    :D Downloaded and recommended. Thanks for the time you spent redoing this world. I loved your first one, but this will work better on my lappy. I love the train...Thanks again.

Thanks citytube! :mrgreen:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    So far so good - bit just have 3 sims days in so far. Had to quit to do all those pesty real life things like feed the kitties and go make dinner. Hopefully after dinner will play some more.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    So far so good - bit just have 3 sims days in so far. Had to quit to do all those pesty real life things like feed the kitties and go make dinner. Hopefully after dinner will play some more.

Good news! I have played through 9 Sim days, and my tags ARE showing up in purchase mode. And I see that some lots are less than 20k! Everything is running smooth, even through the 3am time slot. I hope that everyone is experiencing the same. :D
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Thanks Writin_Reg. Are you having any problems with tags?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    Yes and no - they are not showing but so far are not a problem for me as I know what the buildings are mostly and I only moved in one sim - letting the game move in it's own sims. But other than not seeing the tags - I haven't had any negative issues other wise - at least not so far. But then I have only gotten to the end of one sims week so far. There are only 4 other sims in the world that I have seen besides the register workers and bartenders so far. It seems real slow at adding sims - but my sim also doesn't have a job or anything. I think today I will try getting my sim a regular job and see if the pop doesn't start picking up. Judging by the average world generally I see at least 10 households by the end of the first sim week and right now those 4 sims are in 2 households. 3 in one house and 1 in another lot.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yes and no - they are not showing but so far are not a problem for me as I know what the buildings are mostly and I only moved in one sim - letting the game move in it's own sims. But other than not seeing the tags - I haven't had any negative issues other wise - at least not so far. But then I have only gotten to the end of one sims week so far. There are only 4 other sims in the world that I have seen besides the register workers and bartenders so far. It seems real slow at adding sims - but my sim also doesn't have a job or anything. I think today I will try getting my sim a regular job and see if the pop doesn't start picking up. Judging by the average world generally I see at least 10 households by the end of the first sim week and right now those 4 sims are in 2 households. 3 in one house and 1 in another lot.

Do you think I added enough houses to the world to house all of the NPC's and still have enough left for the general population to move in? Could that be the reason it is not populating very fast?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    Actually I am not sure where the NPCs are going as I have been hovering my mouse over each house to see if anyone has moved in and in the houses here just shows two with sims in the house. I purposely wait until 4 am to check to make sure all the sims are home - all the other houses are empty of sims.

As soon as I am done with real life stuff I will be going back in - and see what happens if I add a couple of my own families where they all have jobs and kids of all ages, then get my sim a regular job. I know the game should add sims for the working parents as well as kids for friends to my families which means of course their parents too.

Frankly though I am not sure what is going on as I have never seen this happen. I have a world I downloaded empty last week and did not add any houses - I did add user made (non-high rise type) apartment buildings and even before I finished adding community lots and just the bare basic rh's all 6 availiable apts were filled the first day. In the cases of the apts I have all also have the NPC apts in them, so the only sims I am seeing in the apts are the neighbor kind of NPCs and not the service ones in the world I have been working on. So it is truly mystifying with plenty nice houses. I did consider affordability, but with EA pop control that has really never been an issue in other worlds. In the back of my head I am thinking that perhaps the AI won't move them in if the tags don't show - even though we can - but the fact two houses did get sims makes me question that. Perhaps the AI is just trying to figure it all out - bit my mind tells me if that was the case I should see freezing or lag and I am not seeing any freezing or lag at all.

I am thinking maybe I should start a new game, and start off with a couple of my sims families before I add my single sim, and see if that does not jump start a new start as frankly those 4 sims that are in here act weird. Like they have the neurotic trait and maybe coward trait as well. One even looks like that EA nerdy sim Liam.

But honestly other than the town looking like a ghost town that has just been built and of course the void of lot tags - I am not seeing any issues running around in the world and visiting lots. The game does rush a couple of those sims where ever my sim goes as it always does.

Let me start a new game and see what happens.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Actually I am not sure where the NPCs are going as I have been hovering my mouse over each house to see if anyone has moved in and in the houses here just shows two with sims in the house. I purposely wait until 4 am to check to make sure all the sims are home - all the other houses are empty of sims.

As soon as I am done with real life stuff I will be going back in - and see what happens if I add a couple of my own families where they all have jobs and kids of all ages, then get my sim a regular job. I know the game should add sims for the working parents as well as kids for friends to my families which means of course their parents too.

Frankly though I am not sure what is going on as I have never seen this happen. I have a world I downloaded empty last week and did not add any houses - I did add user made (non-high rise type) apartment buildings and even before I finished adding community lots and just the bare basic rh's all 6 availiable apts were filled the first day. In the cases of the apts I have all also have the NPC apts in them, so the only sims I am seeing in the apts are the neighbor kind of NPCs and not the service ones in the world I have been working on. So it is truly mystifying with plenty nice houses. I did consider affordability, but with EA pop control that has really never been an issue in other worlds. In the back of my head I am thinking that perhaps the AI won't move them in if the tags don't show - even though we can - but the fact two houses did get sims makes me question that. Perhaps the AI is just trying to figure it all out - bit my mind tells me if that was the case I should see freezing or lag and I am not seeing any freezing or lag at all.

I am thinking maybe I should start a new game, and start off with a couple of my sims families before I add my single sim, and see if that does not jump start a new start as frankly those 4 sims that are in here act weird. Like they have the neurotic trait and maybe coward trait as well. One even looks like that EA nerdy sim Liam.

But honestly other than the town looking like a ghost town that has just been built and of course the void of lot tags - I am not seeing any issues running around in the world and visiting lots. The game does rush a couple of those sims where ever my sim goes as it always does.

Let me start a new game and see what happens.

Okay, thanks. When my game was not showing the tags, I still had Sims moving into houses. Not too many families, but a whole bunch of NPC's. I think my tags came back when the game changed seasons after 7 days, but not real sure if that's when they came back. The last thing I did was move a monk that I made into the church lot, and everything worked the way it was suppose to, tags and everything. I am going to continue from day 9 and see what happens. As you said, I have not been having any lag at all, other than the first night at 3:02 AM when the game stopped for about 15 seconds to add Sims, but that is all. I hope this world works out because I am having a lot of fun playing it! :D
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    I do too, as it is a perfect western town.

So I will start a new game probably in about a half hour and see how that goes.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I do too, as it is a perfect western town.

So I will start a new game probably in about a half hour and see how that goes.

I played through day 11 and everything is running perfectly, so far! I played the Monk family for awhile and then switched and added a new family to the Gold Rush Hotel. All of the tags are showing and I think all of the NPC's have been housed, because there were about 15 residential lots available. No lag at this point, which is very good! Another thing, a lot of wild horses have spawned and it is cool seeing herds of them running around together; it really gives it a western feel. I hope you are experiencing the same! :D
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    edited April 2014
    Ed - just letting you know I lost my pc before I even got a chance to get back in - so never got back in game and now have no pc. I went to reboot before I started the game and my machine got a fan error - seems it was my big V-eight I had for my processor . Hubby did managed to put another fan in the V- eight casing but machine will not start so he thinks I cooked my processors. Right now I am in hubby's office on his pc just to let you know as I have no idea when I can get this fixed as hubby is also out of work right now so no income for fixing the pc.

Sorry. I was really hoping to get back in there and help you with this. Okay I can't stay on this - I am in the way while Pete works at trying to get me something to use - but I doubt what I get will be sim worthy.

Hate to leave you hanging - but nothing I can do.

In dreams - I LIVE!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top