Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 13: MOOve Your Grass!-- Guest Professor TarynTempestwind-- links in post one

Comments

• missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited April 2014
    Please register me, this will be my first class. I lurked during Taryn's last MOO class, I was new to the forums and was too nervous to actually participate. I am absolutely terrible at landscaping, so I am looking forward to learning how to make my lots look better. I will try to be here when the class is live, but it will be 6am on a Sunday morning so I may be a bit late :?
    a.k.a. Catherine

• redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2014
    Finally getting around to asking to be registered! After reading all the candy and sweets comments I had to go exercise then eat a salad!! :lol: , from the virtual lbs it added to my waistline.

Anyway Please sign me up as I need to hone my landscaping skills, I am a newbie/stumbles upon doing it right sometimes kind of gal. :oops:
    Can't wait to get started. Even though my hubby and son have me hooked on PS3-DiabloIII right now which is cutting into my simming!
  • _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited April 2014
    redkitty42, I played Diablo III on the PC a couple years ago right after it came out. It is sooooo addicting! I'm thinking about re-installing it! I miss it! I hope you enjoy!

I too could use some landscape practice and would love to sign up for the class. Weekends are usually not spent on Sims so I will probably have to do it during the week but I'm excited to take part and learn something new! :)
  • cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited April 2014
    Please sign me up too!!! :)

oops! I meant 'register me' pretty please!
  • GypsyWynd1GypsyWynd1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2014
    It looks like this class is going to the dogs. So if that is the case meet Ady and Fiona. screenshot_original.jpg They will be attending also. Ady, the one with the white spot on her head, does have a problem with GAS, so do bring cloths pens for your noses.

And on a more pertinent note. I have joined the class, so that I can learn how to build a basement in a house with a foundation. which is something that has been boggling my mind for awhile. Is it possible to build a basement in a house that is already built too, with out having to demolish the house? I have an existing house that I built, that has a foundation and I want it to have a basement now. If this is possible, then I will probably be working on two builds, in class.

edited April 2014
    Princess_Natasha it is addicting even my brother has me playing online with him. My son played online when it first came out too. It's as addicting as Sims!!

Now we've gone to the dogs, my dogs will be happy I'm not leaving them behind. My cats on the other hand will be jealous! and you know how they can be when they get jealous :twisted: (says the woman with three dogs and multiple cats on her lap.)
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2014
    LOL! I love that class isn't even here and we've already started acting like hoodlums! Poor Taryn, I see a lot of doggies (some with flatulence and some with BIG TEETH and some who are just SO cute) and A LOT of sweets... and we will probably learn a few things when she can get us to quiet down and listen for a few minutes! :mrgreen:

Updating our class roster now!
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    Love the title! :lol:
    Here's a bump for your thread.=)

Thanks for the bumpage, SF, but you should register and JOIN US!
    REGISTER ME PLEASE! This will be my first class to sign up for but the old threads have been so helpful to me, I'm so happy I found them, especially the roofing class. I am not exaggerating when I say trying to make nice roofs has literally driven me to tears. I just couldn't "get" it. But roofing 101 was so easy to follow and bammo, finally something clicked and now I can do roofs! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFS!!! Ahem. :oops: I'm really looking forward to class.

I am SO pleased that the roofing class helped you! Ruthy really did an AMAZING job as the guest professor in that one.

So glad that you decided to try the live class this time! Welcome to Zoo U!
    missy2311 wrote:
    Please register me, this will be my first class. I lurked during Taryn's last MOO class, I was new to the forums and was too nervous to actually participate. I am absolutely terrible at landscaping, so I am looking forward to learning how to make my lots look better. I will try to be here when the class is live, but it will be 6am on a Sunday morning so I may be a bit late :?

Hi, Missy! We will be happy to see you, late or on time! Welcome to Zoo U!
    redkitty42 wrote:
    Finally getting around to asking to be registered! After reading all the candy and sweets comments I had to go exercise then eat a salad!! :lol: , from the virtual lbs it added to my waistline.

Anyway Please sign me up as I need to hone my landscaping skills, I am a newbie/stumbles upon doing it right sometimes kind of gal. :oops:
    Can't wait to get started. Even though my hubby and son have me hooked on PS3-DiabloIII right now which is cutting into my simming!

Hi, redkitty! Welcome to Zoo U! By the way, the VIRTUAL pounds don't worry me like the ACTUAL pounds that will occur if I eat all the goodies I want from looking at these mouth-watering photos. Jenny's last few were downright dangerous!
    redkitty42, I played Diablo III on the PC a couple years ago right after it came out. It is sooooo addicting! I'm thinking about re-installing it! I miss it! I hope you enjoy!

I too could use some landscape practice and would love to sign up for the class. Weekends are usually not spent on Sims so I will probably have to do it during the week but I'm excited to take part and learn something new! :)

Welcome to Zoo U, Princess Natasha! Don't worry if you have to do the lesson after the fact. You can still post your questions on this thread and expect to get an answer fairly soon, even if you take the class weeks or months after it was up live.
    cbrock7 wrote:
    Please sign me up too!!! :)

oops! I meant 'register me' pretty please!

Hi, cbrock! Nice to see you again and welcome back to Zoo U! I registered you right away since you asked so nicely! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    The class roster post SHOULD be up to date! Please let me know immediately if I missed someone!

Zoo

oow785m
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited April 2014
    Welcome every one! Are we getting excited?! I am burning the midnight oil to keep my lesson on schedule!
    edited April 2014
    Still burning!
  • donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2014
    A bumpity bump back to the first page to say, "I'm excited!!"
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2014
    :mrgreen: Good morning to my teachers and fellow classmates. I am so excited for tomorrow. I am going on a shopping spree in the TS3 Store. I am looking for good deals and free stuff :D Yay more beautiful doggies! At least we wont have to worry about cleaning up crumbs off the floor. I really, really need to go through Zoo U 1 - 6 and do those lessons. I joined during Course 7. HUGS to everyone :mrgreen:
    edited April 2014
    So excited to join everyone tomorrow!! Is there anything we need to start on first? I have my testing community and sim ready!

Just trying to carve some time for just this tomorrow, I may have to lock myself up in my room and turn off the phone!!!LOL
    edited April 2014
    jenny0786 wrote:
    :mrgreen: Good morning to my teachers and fellow classmates. I am so excited for tomorrow. I am going on a shopping spree in the TS3 Store. I am looking for good deals and free stuff :D Yay more beautiful doggies! At least we wont have to worry about cleaning up crumbs off the floor. I really, really need to go through Zoo U 1 - 6 and do those lessons. I joined during Course 7. HUGS to everyone :mrgreen:

Hi, Jenny Lou! *waves*

There is some good stuff in lessons 1 to 6!

Ruthy taught a roofing class and Svlyn taught a class on CFE and Lissykin taught a class on building tombs and SimEve taught a class on Fog Emitters and the AMAZING effects you can get with them.

Wibble and I also both taught a class in there, but both of ours may be more for beginners than experienced builders like yourself. They still may have a few things to teach (I have learned something useful from every single Zoo U course-- even the ones I taught). My course was on building a farm and Wibbs did one on building a modern house from an image.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    redkitty42 wrote:
    So excited to join everyone tomorrow!! Is there anything we need to start on first? I have my testing community and sim ready!

Just trying to carve some time for just this tomorrow, I may have to lock myself up in my room and turn off the phone!!!LOL

I'm looking forward to it, too!
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    [My course was on building a farm and Wibbs did one on building a modern house from an image.
    Zoo

One of my favorite things to do in the Sims, is build houses from real house plans. It is fun to flesh them out and then get an idea, of how it would be to live in them.
    edited April 2014
    GypsyWynd1 wrote:
    [My course was on building a farm and Wibbs did one on building a modern house from an image.
    Zoo

One of my favorite things to do in the Sims, is build houses from real house plans. It is fun to flesh them out and then get an idea, of how it would be to live in them.

Hi, GypsyWynd! You may already be really great at building from real life house plans, but if you would like to see a class on it, there is a Zoo U for you, too.

Zoo U Course 9 is about building from real house plans. I also allowed students to give candidates for the house we would build for about a week or so prior to the class and I then critiqued the candidates and explained what was good and bad in each for Sims purposes. That part is useful if you want to select a really good house for building in Sims. We built one complete house in class and one complete house as homework, both from real house plans.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    It's not too late to register and jump into class. I mean honestly, I just finished proofing the lesson! If I can cut it down to the wire, so can you! (Actually, I budgeted my time as well as I could and everything was done according to my schedule. Even if it turned out to be a late Friday night!)

So welcome, welcome!

T

edited April 2014
    LOL!! Hi, T! You're just finishing the lesson and I'm just posting in the T-Shirt contest!

Here is Julianna Tester modeling all but one of the patterns that are up for the honor of being our official course T-shirt (one is having some technical issues which we hope will get fixed by tomorrow).

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/748195.page#11954068
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    Here is my favorite Tester Sim, Julianna Tester, in her usual D.N.A. outfit.

Screenshot-81.jpg"width=650"

But now she is going to help me with my work in Taryn's class, so a change of wardrobe is called for.

Screenshot-83.jpg"width=650"

Waiting for class...

Screenshot-84.jpg"width=650"

*psst! Don't tell on me but these photos are in a build called Julianna's cottage-- which I'm not supposed to show you since it is going to be part of Helix Bay, the D.N.A. world made by the awesome flstrider*

oow785m
  • samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay, looking forward to tonight :D I brought sweets for everyone too, hopefully there's enough? :D

picknmix11.jpg

and some mini eggs :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ1v0sTZoO7JA27CZkmi23lr_u2bO5ZzC9hDzW6LiPHzlWlMMt
    edited April 2014
    Hey, I like the T-shirts. My building inspector will be wearing his usual red flannel. Meet Cruz, he decided to get in a little bit of recreation, before his busy day tomorrow.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

I hope he doesn't over do it, and end up too tired to come to work.

Also, I hope there is some chocolate, in amongst all that candy. :D

• suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2014
    Looking forward to today's class. I may be a bit tardy cause I am driving home from visiting my Dad for a couple of days.

See you all later!
    h2xmsbl]
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2014
    So the class starts at 4pm EDT, would that be like Indiana time? I am in Illinois so I am Central time which means I am 1 hour behind Indiana.

I cannot wait :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top