Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Katy Perry's Sweet Treats

I was just wondering if anyone knows why you're not able to buy this expansion anymore? It's the only one I need for Sims 3 and I can't find it anywhere. Did I miss something? Someone please help. Thank you!

Comments

• CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited April 2014
    They discontinued it. I believe for licensing reasons.
  • cmcdowell102007cmcdowell102007 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    They discontinued it. I believe for licensing reasons.

Now I wish I would have bought it when I had the chance. Thank you.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2014
    Strange -- looks like even the direct download is no longer available, at least it's not listed in the Stuff Pack listing.

Probably my least favorite of the SPs, but I do like a few of the decor items and the Cake venue; I have it as a cafe in one of my saves but I may convert it to a bakery now that there's a mod that works to restock bakeries automatically.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    The license agreement with Katy Perry expired. It's no longer available from Origin, but you can still find it available from some retailers and on eBay.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow , I had no idea. It's also my least favorite stuff pack BUT still use a couple things from it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2014
    You can always get it off Amazon or any other place that may still have copies.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have Sweet Treats installed and use the items for my festival lot builds and for building playground areas for children.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited April 2014
    Sorry to ask a slightly off topic question, but if you already own it and you need to re-install the set can you still do that through Origin if it is registered?
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    lydiad206 wrote:
    Sorry to ask a slightly off topic question, but if you already own it and you need to re-install the set can you still do that through Origin if it is registered?
    Yes, you should be able to re-download it. It should be under My Games on your Origin page.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2014
    I was just wondering if anyone knows why you're not able to buy this expansion anymore? It's the only one I need for Sims 3 and I can't find it anywhere. Did I miss something? Someone please help. Thank you!
    Hi, cmcdowell102007! I think you can try to ask some able retailer (those are more flexible than big stores), if he will order it for you. I've got by this way Hollyday SP for The Sims 2, when it wasn't more available here in Italy (and I have this in english version).
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited April 2014
    yea now places want a outlandish price for it
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited May 2014
    slamonda wrote:
    yea now places want a outlandish price for it
    That's odd. I was able to buy it at my local department store for just $19.99. Though, i am having difficulties with is. posted my quandary about it here in the forums.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Strange -- looks like even the direct download is no longer available, at least it's not listed in the Stuff Pack listing.

Probably my least favorite of the SPs, but I do like a few of the decor items and the Cake venue; I have it as a cafe in one of my saves but I may convert it to a bakery now that there's a mod that works to restock bakeries automatically.

The digital version isn't available for sale, but is available once you purchase a physical copy and register it. I have seen physical copies available for sale on Amazon (at a ridiculous price) and Ebay.