Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED! DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started 1 April; Ended 21 May

Comments

• pangolin22pangolin22 Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    I know it's silly, but I kind of want to pick up a super cheap item because my simpoints have been at 666 for far too long... :?
    Ha, crazy, I tend to think along those lines too. I never used to be superstitious about those things but my husband is very much so and it's rubbed off on me. My points are only 306 just now but I was hoping at some point to pick up some small item ending in a 6 or a 1 in price to get my points back to round numbers so it doesn't build back up to that... however long that would take!!
  • MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    edited April 2014
    ooh! I missed the start of the shiny new list! I'm happy we have a new one, because I was pretty bored with the old one (although it was an exciting list the first two times around!) I'm at the point that a lot of the old blood was at, owning almost all the comps, and quite a bit of the store. I still need a couple worlds and venues, though, so feel free to send some our way store team!
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    edited April 2014
    The tiki set went full duration, so here's the current update:

Cupid’s Locket / 32 / 75 / 57% / 1 hour

Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / / 550 / / 2 hours
    Loud, Fast, Clash! – Attire / / 1300 / /
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2014
    Cupid's Locket 32sp 57% off and it's going fast. 40% taken already and not even 5 minutes in.

FYi Purchasing Cupid's Locket brings the CYS prices of Victorian Fashions down to 785 from 950. That's a 165sp dif for only 32sp.

And it's at 56% claimed while I was typing. :shock:
  • jennaoramajennaorama Posts: 131 New Member
    edited April 2014
    stelinhrts wrote:
    I'm suddenly not seeing the "this item also belongs to a set" information at the bottom of item pages, even when I know they are parts of sets. Is it just me?

I'm having the same issues. The store and forums are very slow this morning to refresh.

Yep, me too. Also the search function is not um, functioning!
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2014
    Cupid's locket sold out with 51 minutes left.
  • MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm Carol, mother of two girls ages 20 and 18
    Oh my gosh I'm younger than your daughters.
    Guess I'm probably the youngest one here. Or among the youngest, I don't know everyone's age. :P

Cupid's Locket's gone. Was debating getting it, refreshed and Ultra Lounge Bedroom was up. Not sure how long it took, but not long.

Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / 182 / 550 / 67% / 2 hours
    Loud, Fast, Clash! – Attire / / 1300 / / 2 hours
    Mens Pajama Top / / 75 / / ? hours
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
    edited April 2014
    Sold out with 00:51:45 left(I'm lagging too, so not confident that's exact but that's when it reset to 0% before actually refreshing the page so I'm going with that)

Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / 182 / 550 / 67% / 2 hours

Loud, Fast, Clash! – Attire / / 1300 / / 2 hours
    Mens Pajama Top / / 75 / /
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock: Well, I didn't expect that to go so fast. I like the Victorian set and I was going to build up some more CYS credit, but I didn't think I'd have to be here right when it started to get it. I guess you can never tell what's going to be a hot sale. On the next cycle, I'll try to be there right when it starts.
  • bekkilynbekkilyn Posts: 192 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock: Well, I didn't expect that to go so fast. I like the Victorian set and I was going to build up some more CYS credit, but I didn't think I'd have to be here right when it started to get it. I guess you can never tell what's going to be a hot sale. On the next cycle, I'll try to be there right when it starts.

If it looks cute, chances are it will go faster than something that looks, well...wretched. :)

Rebecca
  • Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited April 2014
    i am trying to buy Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set but when i click on the buy now button nothing happens! :( i can get it for 75sp

edit: i was able to buy it from my tablet not my computer.. strange
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2014
    I entirely forgot to check on the cupid thing. It was part of a set? The item said nothing about that.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    edited April 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    I entirely forgot to check on the cupid thing. It was part of a set? The item said nothing about that.
    The sets widget seems to be on vacation today. It's part of Victorian Fashions.

Speaking of sets, I bit the bullet and picked up the Ultra Lounge Bedroom. It has 650 SP worth of items and gives CYS credit toward the Full Ultra Lounge Set, the Ultra Lounge 2010 Compilation, and the Best of 2010 Compilation.
    edited April 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    Oh my gosh I'm younger than your daughters.
    Guess I'm probably the youngest one here. Or among the youngest, I don't know everyone's age. :P

I'l be 27 in a couple months, and was assuming I was one of the younger ones here based on a lot of what I've read in the thread. Guess I was wrong, it's great to see some younger ones on here. :D
    Naley22 wrote:
    i am trying to buy Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set but when i click on the buy now button nothing happens! :( i can get it for 75sp

I've been running into that too today (also the not seeing the sets that Devalaous mentioned). I just figured it was related to the major lag on the site today. :?

Sometimes just clicking and waiting forever will work since it just takes a while to register, though for sure I'd think it's probably safer to use your tablet if that's responding faster.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2014
    And there goes my last points. I was short 5 points, so I did the usual trick of buying he 25SP item, then buying the set with a bigger discount. Why didn't I learn of this sooner!? Its saved me a lot on the last few days
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • MuyMonaMuyMona Posts: 10 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay :D Ultra Lounge Bedroom! I didn't even realize it would lower CYS for Ultra Lounge Living. Now, if ULL would go on sale for 54%! Or even better, if Full Ultra Lounge Set would go on sale for 39%!

I won't even ask for Ultra Lounge 2010 yet. But, you know, if that would like to go on sale for 76%...
    edited April 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    And there goes my last points. I was short 5 points, so I did the usual trick of buying he 25SP item, then buying the set with a bigger discount. Why didn't I learn of this sooner!? Its saved me a lot on the last few days
    *facepalm* I totally forgot. I was still thinking about missing the other sale and just hit the buy button without thinking. D'oh!
    edited April 2014
    Devalaous wrote:

I've been doing that too. I've gone through most of the sets I want and activated the CYS with a 25sp item, just so I'm ready if they pop up on DD at a price I'm willing to pay.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited April 2014
    Dang. Missed Cupids Locket. :? The men's pajama top is part of Luxe Loungewear.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=12819&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:33032
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    Whew! Got home from appointment just in time to grab Ultra Lounge for free. I also wasn't expecting the locket top to go so fast, although I hadn't planned to buy it. I just didn't want to miss the next deal. Also, waiting to see how Loud, Fast, Clash attire is, because there are some pieces I want from it...

Pangolin - I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my fretting over odd numbers. ;)

Thank you so much for all of you who are sharing the details of what pieces are a part of what set, since it's not showing up on the site.

[EDIT] Woo! Loud, Fast, Clash for free too! This is a very good day!
    edited April 2014
    Ultra Lounge Bedroom ended with 1:05 on the clock

Loud Fast Clash Attire / 325 / 1300 / 75% / 2 hours
    Mens Pajama Top / ? / 75 / ? / ?% /2 hours
    Show Stopping Style- Liar Liar Pants / ? / 50 / ?% / ? hours
    edited April 2014
    Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire /325 /1,300 /75 /2 hrs
    Mens Pajama Top / /75 /
    Show Stopping Style- Liar Liar Pants

Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set expired at 56 past the hour with left 1hr.4min on the clock

Edit: darn it, I've been Ninja'd
    edited April 2014
    Ultra Lounge set sold out with 1:05:00 left, and Loud, Fast, Clash! Attire going super fast

Loud, Fast, Clash! – Attire / 325 / 1300 / 75% / 2 hours

Mens Pajama Top / / 75 / / 2 hours
    Show Stopping Style- Liar Liar Pants / / 50 / /
    edited April 2014
    Don't forget, Show Stopping Styles is not CYS enabled at this time, so buying those pants will not give you CYS credit.

The Men's Pajama Top will, however, also give CYS credit toward the Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear set.
  • bekkilynbekkilyn Posts: 192 Member
    edited April 2014
    For those of you (like me!) who just got Loud, Fast, Clash Attire, you may want to check what it does to the combined Loud, Fast, Clash Attire & Bedroom. I can get Bedroom for 200 points if I bought the combined set right now. Going to wait to see if it goes on sale at any time first though.

Rebecca