Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED! DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started 1 April; Ended 21 May

Comments

• Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited May 2014
    Is this a new list? So far I don't see anything new. Same sets that have been on the DD the past month.
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited May 2014
    Future Shock Bedroom Is 63% Off
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2014
    Elf67 wrote:
    Is this a new list? So far I don't see anything new. Same sets that have been on the DD the past month.
    So far no new sets, but the prices and order are different.

Looks like I missed a good deal on the Regal set. The living room is on sale and I have CYS for that of 175. Oh well!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2014
    Since there seems to be no protest, I will now post the new DD thread. Please give me a few to get everything posted before you tag the new thread. Keep up with the item and price listings right here and I will get them entered as soon as I get things up.

EDIT: Please please let me know if anything is missing, a date is wrong, an item needs a smiley face, anything at all needs a fix and I will get right on it :)
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ximph, thank you so much for taking on the responsibility. You're awesome!

Adrian, thank you so much for all the work you've put into this thread and the lists in the past, and for helping to build this great community. I do hope you'll continue to stick around and post!
  • Options
    ladysilver814ladysilver814 Posts: 373 Member
    edited May 2014
    The old list has not ended - remember last time?

If the DD doesn't have blank sales coming up it is NOT a new list. They probably are just mixing up the rotations again to try and keep people excited.
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    Since there seems to be no protest, I will now post the new DD thread. Please give me a few to get everything posted before you tag the new thread. Keep up with the item and price listings right here and I will get them entered as soon as I get things up.
    If I might make a suggestion, could we add a brief No-Math Guide to CYS before we dive into the detailed explanations? I think a lot of people get intimidated by the math and aren't sure what they can do to save SP. After digging through the math, I've found 3 simple rules that will always work, and will always save you SP.

If a set allows CYS credit:

1) If you don't own anything from the set, always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price.

2) Never buy an item with less than a 10% discount, unless it is the first item you buy.

3) Always buy an item with more than a 10% discount, even if the set is going to go on sale later for a better discount.

As long as you know those three rules, you can always save SP, even if you have no idea about the math under the hood that makes them work.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The old list has not ended - remember last time?

If the DD doesn't have blank sales coming up it is NOT a new list. They probably are just mixing up the rotations again to try and keep people excited.
    It is a new list. It's not the upcoming sales that go blank when they start a new list, it's the past sales, and the past sales went blank when Jet Set was up. When Jet Set ended, the active and upcoming sales were replaced with three different sales.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    If I might make a suggestion, could we add a brief No-Math Guide to CYS before we dive into the detailed explanations? I think a lot of people get intimidated by the math and aren't sure what they can do to save SP. After digging through the math, I've found 3 simple rules that will always work, and will always save you SP.

1) Always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price.

2) Never buy an item with less than a 10% discount, unless it is the first item you buy.

3) Always buy an item with more than a 10% discount, even if the set is going to go on sale later for a better discount.

As long as you know those three rules, you can always save SP, even if you have no idea about the math under the hood that makes them work.

Sure you bet! I will add this to the posts in the front. :)
    My Studio
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    New DD thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/753330.page#12037923

Still working on the info pages though just to let you know ;D
    My Studio
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    Ximph wrote:

1) Always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price.

:) Thanks, hopefully people will find it useful.

Oh, you were quick. You posted this while I was making a quick edit to the first rule to make sure people knew that they only have to do it if they don't own anything from the set.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    Ximph wrote:

:) Thanks, hopefully people will find it useful.

Oh, you were quick. You posted this while I was making a quick edit to the first rule to make sure people knew that they only have to do it if they don't own anything from the set.

No worries, I got it. You can now see it on the first post so that people don't miss the handy info. :D
    My Studio
  • Options
    VishiyraVishiyra Posts: 5
    edited May 2014
    *cries*

I was waiting for the cheaper Stone's Throw Greenhouse sale. Knew I should have gotten the earlier one.
  • Options
    DoriPooDoriPoo Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2014
    How do I get permission to view the newest DD Rotation (July 2014)? I tried looking at it but it says I need permission to view it. :(