Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher Error Glitch

I've been getting page can't be displayed error messages whenever I open the launcher and suspect the patch might have had an issue I couldn't find.I've tried removing my game file and opening the launcher and it's still happening.
44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg

Comments

• xxjjxxlovexxjjxxlove Posts: 25
    edited April 2014
    Same thing is happening to me also my game won't even load. I think it's probably the patch.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2014
    Make sure your browser's are up-to-date specifically your version if MSIE. If you have a version of MSIE later than 9 (i.e. 10 or 11), you need to set compatibility view in the browser as well as in the F12 developer tools. Also Flash, Java, and Origin should be up-to-date. Origin updates the launcher and should be at Version 9.4.6.2792

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    Blunote00 I've got Firefox V27 installed from a downloaded manual executable installer since I stopped trusting the automatic updater and I never use IE because it's totally useless to me.I have Goggle Chrome as my only alternative to Firefox.I'm getting the page can't be displayed message and suspect a glitched patch and I got a "program" called Conduit which is almost impossible to remove and might have to run system restore to deal with that issue.I know exactly how to create system restore points for both Windows 7 and Windows XP.I always do that before installing patches or any other updates.
    edited April 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    Blunote00 I've got Firefox V27 installed from a downloaded manual executable installer since I stopped trusting the automatic updater and I never use IE because it's totally useless to me.I have Goggle Chrome as my only alternative to Firefox.I'm getting the page can't be displayed message and suspect a glitched patch and I got a "program" called Conduit which is almost impossible to remove and might have to run system restore to deal with that issue.I know exactly how to create system restore points for both Windows 7 and Windows XP.I always do that before installing patches or any other updates.
    Internet Explorer is part of the Windows OS more than you know. If you don't keep it up-to-date whether you use it or not your launcher will have issues specifically with MS .NET Framework. I know you use Firefox, heck I use all IE9, FF V27, and Chrome v33. But in order to keep my Win7 OS running properly my Internet Explorer browser is kept up-to-date. If you're running any version of Windows you should keep IE updated. That's how it is.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    edited April 2014
    I usually try to get that updated even if I never use it because it should be updated.
    edited April 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    I usually try to get that updated even if I never use it because it should be updated.
    They are using jQuery/AJAX on the site as well as in the launcher so all your browsers should be allowing javascript and vbscripts.

It's this ajax_ver927347.gif that loads when you go into your purchase history.

It also controls the wrapper/switcher that runs in the launcher as well as on the Store's home page.

If you have something blocked with your custom settings then that might be why your page won't load.

You also need to make sure Origin is up-to-date as it also updates the launcher.

edited April 2014
    I just found out the issue was so serious that the other computer is going to a repair shop to get a new Windows 7 installed after my current one is uninstalled and it's likely going to be Windows 7 Pro because Conduit ruined my OS.I'm actually on my old computer and can't use the other one until the new OS install is done.