Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BE ASKED TO MOVE IN?!?!?

Okay
so

Basically, my Sim's boyfriend is also her best friend (Their relationship bar is full) and I just invited him over. I just saw him on her interaction thingy and hovered over it and it said "be asked to move in" WHAT?!?! I swear only the active family sims could do commands like ask to move in and propose?! Am I missing out on something?! Has this happened to anyone else before?!

Excuse my minor freak out aha!

nutellaandhugs

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've had it happed just a few times. It seems really rare.
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2014
    Occasionally your sims will get asked to move in, but it's pretty rare. As far as proposing goes, I think only the active family will do that, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi, congrats on getting that, it has happened to me once after generations came out, I think my sims were living in Twinbrook but it has never happened to me since, I wish it would happen more often. :)
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just so I understand: your sims boyfriend asked her to move in with him? Were they at her house or his? Did you allow the action or did you cancel it and if you allowed it what happened? I'm curious one if he was asking to move in with her or for her to move in with him and if she were to move in with him would that change your active house? Interesting, very interesting.
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Okay
    so

Basically, my Sim's boyfriend is also her best friend (Their relationship bar is full) and I just invited him over. I just saw him on her interaction thingy and hovered over it and it said "be asked to move in" WHAT?!?! I swear only the active family sims could do commands like ask to move in and propose?! Am I missing out on something?! Has this happened to anyone else before?!

Excuse my minor freak out aha!

nutellaandhugs

Holy cow, seriously? I really wish that was available more often. I hate having to change active households to get my sim to move in with their significant other. But not surprisingly really some of the interactions you discover with sims. I still get a bit of a chuckle out of the "what on earth are you doing?!" interaction if a 'human' sim sees your werewolf sim change in front of them. Or better yet if a sim sees someone they know out around town and should be at work, they can ask them shouldn't they be there instead of playing hooky at the bistro lol.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have had it happen to my sims, but it's rare. If they are best friends for a long time with someone and spend a lot of time with them, in person and on the phone, the other sim may ask them to move in. It may have something to do with the other sim's traits too. The only 2 times I can remember, it was Christopher Steel, who has the friendly trait. I know I've had it happen at least one other time, and it wasn't Christopher, or in Sunset Valley, but I can't remember who, so I don't know what traits the other sim might have had.

It doesn't matter where the two sims are. My current sim got asked to move in together by Christopher Steel, when she went to his house to visit him, but the other time he asked on of my sims to move in, she was upstairs reading at the library, alone, and he sought her out up there and asked her. Neither sim was romantically involved with Christopher at the time he asked.
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2014
    MissTexasB wrote:
    Just so I understand: your sims boyfriend asked her to move in with him? Were they at her house or his? Did you allow the action or did you cancel it and if you allowed it what happened? I'm curious one if he was asking to move in with her or for her to move in with him and if she were to move in with him would that change your active house? Interesting, very interesting.

Hi, to answer your questions, if it's a sim not in the active household (in this case the boyfriend) asking her to move in, it will change your active household. However, you will get a pop up asking you if you want to move any other sims in with them aswell.
  • Options
    nutellaandhugsnutellaandhugs Posts: 32
    edited April 2014
    I quickly saved the game before anything happened just in case. I haven't got the generations expansion pack too. The Sim was one I created earlier and added in from the edit town, I moved him in a flat with his sister. I just invited him round and the first interaction I got from him as he was walking in to my apartment was "Be asked to move in." I'm just about to hit play now to see how it goes, I'll get back to you. The funny thing is, I googled "can a sim who isn't in your active family propose" and it said they can't make decisions like propose or ask to move in >.<
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    okay:

It has just come up with a blue box:
    Hannah and Jack are getting along so well! Would Hannah like to move in with Jack? Their household funds will be combined, and Hannah will have to option to bring along household members.

Well, not something you see everyday I must say!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I selected the 'No' option, I'm not ready for them to move in together just yet, so they proceeded to make out. ahahaha
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited April 2014
    I didn't know they could do this!!! I love it!!!!

Love how almost five years on this game still has surprises!!! :)

Big congrats to your sim :)
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    edited April 2014
    I selected the 'No' option, I'm not ready for them to move in together just yet, so they proceeded to make out. ahahaha

You said no??? I would LOVE for my Sim's boyfriend to ask her to move in. I just used Master Controller to kill his much older wife (don't judge me! hahaha) and he's still in major mourning so I'm having her go over every day like a good neighbor to console him and brighten his day in the hopes that he will ask.

If not, I'll just move her in and pretend he did......it's not the same though :(
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Candyr277 wrote:

You said no??? I would LOVE for my Sim's boyfriend to ask her to move in. I just used Master Controller to kill his much older wife (don't judge me! hahaha) and he's still in major mourning so I'm having her go over every day like a good neighbor to console him and brighten his day in the hopes that he will ask.

If not, I'll just move her in and pretend he did......it's not the same though :(

They may be best friends (thank you testingcheatsenabled true) but Hannah wants to become a film star and aint nobody got time for sharing a house atm! but idk I saved it before she said no so I could go back... It'd be fun! Three of them sharing a one bedroom flat.. aha! x