Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mixing the Baker's Bazaar & Savvy Sellers Collection.

I've noticed that a lot of people are trying to get their bakeries to auto restock and that there's a lot of effort going into baking everything. I was wondering why not just mix the two sets to create a happy medium. Would it be possible to place a savvy seller rug underneath a refrigerated pastry display, and have one display that your sim refills as needed? Then you could have a large bakery and only do half the work.

Also, it would be nice to build some sort of themed lot and have a bakery with a trinket/gift shop. Would this be possible or would the two sets conflict with each other (like placing consignment & elixer consignment registers on the same lot)?

I would just try it out myself, but my sims are too poor to buy &/or build a bakery.

Comments

• dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think if you put a Savvy Sellers rug under a display the sims would buy the display, but I don't know what would happen to the food in the display. Would it stay fresh or spoil? "Food" for thought. I'm still worn out from all that baking on Thursday. :wink: But I might try it out later and see what happens.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've noticed that a lot of people are trying to get their bakeries to auto restock and that there's a lot of effort going into baking everything. I was wondering why not just mix the two sets to create a happy medium. Would it be possible to place a savvy seller rug underneath a refrigerated pastry display, and have one display that your sim refills as needed? Then you could have a large bakery and only do half the work.

Also, it would be nice to build some sort of themed lot and have a bakery with a trinket/gift shop. Would this be possible or would the two sets conflict with each other (like placing consignment & elixer consignment registers on the same lot)?

I would just try it out myself, but my sims are too poor to buy &/or build a bakery.

You can't sell food with the Savvy Seller set. So like the person above said, they'd buy the display, but not the food. It may have an error involved or crash the game. Who knows.

Also...what is the problem with having the two different consignment registers on the same lot? I've always had them together and haven't noticed anything. So please tell me so I can change it if there is something bad happening that I am unaware of.
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited April 2014
    I guess I could build a quick lot and set it up in town. My sims wouldn't be able to buy it, but they could test the combination of the two sets.

I would assume that sims would be able to buy anything on the rugs. It's just a matter of whether the game would count the food as part of the display rack or not. I don't think the items on the rugs are ever sold using the savvy seller collection. It seems to me like they work as a "sample" and your sim ends up with a different, but exactly similar item. (which prob doesn't make any sense, unless you think of it as the furniture "on the floor" of a furniture store. You just order what you see.)
    edited April 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:

You can't sell food with the Savvy Seller set. So like the person above said, they'd buy the display, but not the food. It may have an error involved or crash the game. Who knows.

Also...what is the problem with having the two different consignment registers on the same lot? I've always had them together and haven't noticed anything. So please tell me so I can change it if there is something bad happening that I am unaware of.

Oh, we'll never mind then. I

I've read that if you place both registers on the same lot that one of them will start glitching and stop working after several sim weeks. I've never had this problem, but I get bored of my sims very quickly. I usually move onto another family by then... :?
  • Fyrefly555Fyrefly555 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi there!

Savvy Carpets and food do not work together. In fact, the savvy carpet can be usable only with items that are in the "Build Buy" catalog, and the "buydebug" catalog.

Maybe a mod that will give the possibility to buy food from the "build buy" catalog may do the trick, but I'm quiet sure it's impossible to do so. ^^

edited April 2014
    Now that I think about it, it does make perfect sense. If savvy sellers worked with food, then the store team would never have needed to make a bakery set. I actually didn't ever think of trying food on the savvy sellers set until now. It would have been a nice in-between for those who don't want to put tons of effort into the bakery.

The most I use of the savvy sellers set is one of the rugs (I think the 2xl) as a regular rug in my builds. No other EA rug is that exact size. All the other square rugs are either too big or too small and the savvy seller rug is perfect. I'm sure it's a super amazing set. It's the reason I bought MH, but I just haven't really tried it out.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    Fyrefly555 wrote:
    Hi there!

Savvy Carpets and food do not work together. In fact, the savvy carpet can be usable only with items that are in the "Build Buy" catalog, and the "buydebug" catalog.

Maybe a mod that will give the possibility to buy food from the "build buy" catalog may do the trick, but I'm quiet sure it's impossible to do so. ^^

Just reporting my findings:

I use Ani's savvy seller mod and couldn't use it to sell the food either which is a huge shame. :cry: Maybe she might be able to update it? I hope so!
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited April 2014
    I guess I could build a quick lot and set it up in town. My sims wouldn't be able to buy it, but they could test the combination of the two sets.

I would assume that sims would be able to buy anything on the rugs. It's just a matter of whether the game would count the food as part of the display rack or not. I don't think the items on the rugs are ever sold using the savvy seller collection. It seems to me like they work as a "sample" and your sim ends up with a different, but exactly similar item. (which prob doesn't make any sense, unless you think of it as the furniture "on the floor" of a furniture store. You just order what you see.)

The food wouldn't come with the display, because the Savvy Seller just grabs a new item directly from buy mode. So, even if the food is displayed on the rug inside the case or shelf, the sim won't get the food -- just an empty glass case or bakery shelf unit.
    edited April 2014
    It's too bad, if the two sets could work together it would create the ideal perfect set. I will enjoy both sets either way. I love the recipes from the new stove :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited April 2014
    You can use the bakery set and the bistro set together.
  • MibbzMibbz Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2014

I think this could be done with deco food not the food that is baked or edible. Someone would just have to make deco versions of the edible and cookable food. There is already all kinds of food deco and clutter out there. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with a little object cloning and/or modifying if need be. I had thought about this since they came out with the Savvy Seller set and it's definitely on my to do list once I learn how.