Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims disappearing in their own hometown

So, I went to play with my current family and when I opened the save I noticed that weird glitch, from all the way back when WA was first introduced. My sims are there, they're visible I can see them on the screen, but I can't control them! The control panel is there and I can see their wishes, but they have no moodlets and the sim panel is missing. Neither sim is available on the control panel, but this is in their hometown of Roaring Heights.

I decided to return to an earlier save to see if everything would be ok and it was. My sims were still in university, but on their last day. I completed the day and they returned home. As soon as they got back the same thing happened again! My sims are standing on top of each other now and I can see them in the screen, but I can't control them! Does anyone know what's happening?

I don't have any mods installed. I am patched to 1.67. I don't personally use any cc, but downloaded a lot (a long time ago) that brought two cabinets I don't know how to delete. They havent been placed in any of the lots in this current world. I did install ITF last week, off of a disc, and everything was working just fine before then.

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2014
    hi oXseashellXo

check out crinrict's blog she has info re invisible sims, missing sims from panels and problems when sims returns from university

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/sim-cant-return-home-after-graduation.html
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for answering, but that's not the problem. My sims returned home from university just fine. The first time I noticed the glitch they had been back for several days.

I went back to several other save files and the issue was the same for all of them! This includes saves where my sims didnt go to university and saves where I immediately got bored with the family and moved on.

I tried exiting and restarting the game, as that's the only solution I could find online. It didn't work. So I took lots from a save that didn't have any sims (I had been working on revamping RH) and started a new game with sims from my bin. Everything seemed to be just fine.

His LTW is the perfect garden, which is super easy. Right now their garden has 10 perfect plants, but his wish hasn't been fulfilled. She doesn't seem to be glitching, but the suns from the sunflower aren't depreciating in value.

My guess is that there's some corruption in my game, but I can't figure out what. I really don't want to lose everything and start all over again. Is there a way to weed it out?