Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curiosity ...

Having been a member of The Sims 4 Forum over at EA.com since August, I've been wondering why there has yet to be a post from a SimGuru over there. The only thing I have seen has been from a forum moderator about avatars. Is it because of this section over here?

I'm not trying to start any kind of argument, huge debate or anything of that nature, I'm simply curious.

If anyone has any ideas to share, it would be appreciated.

Comments

• mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited April 2014
    More than likely it's because they have nothing to share as of yet... SimGuru's aren;t allowed to release information until 'directed' to, and until then they'll use social media and this forum to state anything as they can reach a larger audience.

Take my thoughts as a piece of salt but that's my guess! :lol:
  • SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited April 2014
    I can understand that ... but not even an introduction thread? Some sort of Welcome ... they have their own dedicated section over there, and it's totally empty.
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited April 2014
    I can understand that ... but not even an introduction thread? Some sort of Welcome ... they have their own dedicated section over there, and it's totally empty.

That would seem appropriate! :lol: I think once Sims 4 things are introduced and they get the ball rolling more threads, Guru postings, and people will join TS4 forums which will lead to more posts.
    edited April 2014
    I sure hope you're right ...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2014
    I hope the official forum doesn't remain on the EA.com forums. The look of the official forum is pretty boring. Unlike here where you see ads for new stuff, news, updates, the Exchange etc. I wonder why they are treating TS4's forum like they did the TSM forums. Just a place to post a single line and move on. Most people didn't even know the TSM had it's own forum over on EA.com forums. The question is, will it remain over there with just a few sections like the treated the TSM the same way, or will it have a dedicated fancy website like this one? Food for thought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm also constantly getting page errors on that forum. I don't even bother going there anymore. Plus, I don't think that will be the official forum. It will be a part of thesims4.com when they open it to the public. The gurus will probably be more active when the official forum goes live as the game is released.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    I'm also constantly getting page errors on that forum. I don't even bother going there anymore. Plus, I don't think that will be the official forum. It will be a part of thesims4.com when they open it to the public. The gurus will probably be more active when the official forum goes live as the game is released.
    Simmers have reported that site has been crashing a week ago. I suspect that they maybe getting ready to launch the Sims 4 website soon. Which could explain the page not found messages, and the site crashing. :D
    edited April 2014
    The site's been crashing for more than a week now, and you know I never thought of it like that. Now I have something else to look forward to!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2014
    I quit going there too since it wouldn't load for me. I so hope they make a better site for TS4 than that one. Need pretty and shiny. ;)
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited April 2014
    The TS4 forum is faster and easier to navigate, but the crashes just kill it.
    jr73Y.gif