Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re Resorts

I am currently building a new world but have a few problems: -

1. Tents - is it possible to have an erected tent on a community lot?
I tried changing the lot type to an occupied residential lot and placed an erected tent then evicted the tenant and changed it back to a community lot; however the next time I edited in game, the tent became a 'bag' again with no interactions for a sim to do e.g. place the tent.

2. Food stands (this item came with Island Paradise) - does it only work properly on resorts?
I used this item on other community lots by initially making the community lot a resort, placed the food stand, then changed the lot type to another community lot e.g. visitors allowed. However when doing a test drive of the lot, there is no interactions available for a sim to do, regardless of time of day. I appreciate I could use the food stands that came with Seasons but would prefer to use these ones.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. :)

Comments

• Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited March 2014
    I was in my game, already, so I thought I'd check. I DO have a mod that removes the restraints on what items are offered where; so this may not be completely accurate.

When I went into a community lot my Sim owned to build on it, the tent was under the BuyDebug menu. No lot type change neccisary. However, it seems this is specifically a personal use item; as placing it can only be done with it in "bag" form and results in a purely decorative item. I then found and tested a tent introduced with Island Paradise, with the same results.

As for your second issue.. I'm going to hazard a yes... The "worker bee" seems to only be available through the Resort Management menu, and with no way to assign one there's no way to use the food stand.

Sometimes we must make alterations to our plans in order to make the most of our ideas. Good luck.