Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I make a Death Fish pool?

My Sims, Sergei and Mykhailo, worked together to make several Ambrosias. I have 4 Elder Sims and Sergei the fisherman and Mykhailo the gardener, helped them live longer. Sergei needs to make another Ambrosia for his husband.

I heard that you can have a pool at your house. I'm thinking if I could keep a pond stocked with Death Fish, Sergei wouldn't have to go to that spooky graveyard at night. How do you go about making a Death Fish pool at your house. I play Sims 3 Pets.

Thanks,

Lyuba Marchenko

Comments

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited March 2014
    But going to the graveyard at night is fun! :mrgreen:

What you can do is when you're in Build mode, open up the cheats window and type in "buydebug on." You should then be able to access all types of spawners for the game--seed spawners, gem spawners, fish spawners and so on. There will be a Death Fish spawner that you can place in your home based pond. It'll look like a box but will disappear in Live Mode. After you're done, just open up the cheats window again and turn off buydebug by typing "buydebug off." I'm not sure but I think it can mess up your game if you leave it on and try to save.

I had to do this myself when I couldn't find Death Fish in a few of the worlds I play. :)
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2014
    For the non-cheat way to keep a deathfish pond in your house, you'll first need to go to the graveyard in the midnight hours and catch 10 deathfish. Build a pond on your home lot using the terrain tools. In live mode, make sure all 10 deathfish are in one sim's inventory. With that sim active, click on the pond and choose "stock pond." The sim will dump the 10 deathfish into the pond, and you'll then have a never-ending supply of deathfish in that pond.

When you stock a pond this way, it'll only ever be listed as a "decent" spot to fish. It won't ever be an "active" spot like the fishing spots around town, or if you use the buydebug spawners. But it's useful if you're playing without cheats.
  • Options
    LyubaMarchenko32LyubaMarchenko32 Posts: 105
    edited March 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    For the non-cheat way to keep a deathfish pond in your house, you'll first need to go to the graveyard in the midnight hours and catch 10 deathfish. Build a pond on your home lot using the terrain tools. In live mode, make sure all 10 deathfish are in one sim's inventory. With that sim active, click on the pond and choose "stock pond." The sim will dump the 10 deathfish into the pond, and you'll then have a never-ending supply of deathfish in that pond.

When you stock a pond this way, it'll only ever be listed as a "decent" spot to fish. It won't ever be an "active" spot like the fishing spots around town, or if you use the buydebug spawners. But it's useful if you're playing without cheats.

Дякую! :D Thanks FryeGuy24!

I dont like to use cheats unless it is absolutely necessary! Seems Sergei is going to spend some more nights among the undead of Sunset Valley!
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited March 2014
    I made myself a pond as well...cheated though! Plus I stuck a salt water marker in it, so hopefully it won't freeze over.
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited March 2014
    Flashygrrl wrote:
    I made myself a pond as well...cheated though! Plus I stuck a salt water marker in it, so hopefully it won't freeze over.

Now that you have the pond built and stocked, try putting a greenhouse around it. . . Or just walls and lots of large windows and a roof, and a door. . . Your Sim will get the 'unfinished room' moodlet, but at least the pond shouldn't freeze over.

Alternatively, put in a pool, add fish spawners, put building or green house around pool, add floor. This will eliminate the "unfinished room" moodlet. :D I've done this in both Sims 2 and 3 and it seems to fix the freezing problem. :) Hate it when ponds freeze about the time my Sim really needs to go fishing for her deathfish! LOL
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited March 2014
    Flashygrrl wrote:

Oh, that's a good idea. I hate when my pond freezes over.
  • Options
    Bubbles0712Bubbles0712 Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2014
    go onto buy mode and create a pond, then go into build mode and type in the cheat box buydebug on - I'm not sure if it needs testingcheatsenabled before hand and then you can browse certain items, fish included and it should be there. Click the fish you want and then place it in the pool and Voila! death fish :)
    tumblr_nn60voEf141rcqx97o3_250.gif

• Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited March 2014
    go onto buy mode and create a pond, then go into build mode and type in the cheat box buydebug on - I'm not sure if it needs testingcheatsenabled before hand and then you can browse certain items, fish included and it should be there. Click the fish you want and then place it in the pool and Voila! death fish :)

Yes, in order for "buy debug" to work, "testingcheatsenabled true" must be on. I use it, a lot!
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited March 2014
    Flashygrrl wrote:

Now that you have the pond built and stocked, try putting a greenhouse around it. . . Or just walls and lots of large windows and a roof, and a door. . . Your Sim will get the 'unfinished room' moodlet, but at least the pond shouldn't freeze over.

Alternatively, put in a pool, add fish spawners, put building or green house around pool, add floor. This will eliminate the "unfinished room" moodlet. :D I've done this in both Sims 2 and 3 and it seems to fix the freezing problem. :) Hate it when ponds freeze about the time my Sim really needs to go fishing for her deathfish! LOL

I had originally built a room around it but ended up hating the way it looked on my house so I opened it back up.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited March 2014
    I know you asked about making a pond for the deathfish, but just as an FYI... you can take two deathfish and add them to an aquarium and they will reproduce (up to six per aquarium). Then when that aquarium is full, take two deathfish for other aquariums and let them reproduce. Then you don't even have to worry about catching them, just feed them everyday and clean the tank when it gets dirty.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited March 2014
    I know you asked about making a pond for the deathfish, but just as an FYI... you can take two deathfish and add them to an aquarium and they will reproduce (up to six per aquarium). Then when that aquarium is full, take two deathfish for other aquariums and let them reproduce. Then you don't even have to worry about catching them, just feed them everyday and clean the tank when it gets dirty.

If you use this method, there's also a mod that increases the maximum number of fish per aquarium.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

If you use this method, there's also a mod that increases the maximum number of fish per aquarium.

OOOHhhh! I didn't know that. Which mod is it? One of Nraas?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Rainbow Brite has one on Mod The Sims that ups it to 20. And the one I'm using is Shimrod's, which ups it to 60, from Sims Asylum.

Keep in mind this is for the big aquariums, like the one that was introduced in High End Loft Stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Rainbow Brite has one on Mod The Sims that ups it to 20. And the one I'm using is Shimrod's, which ups it to 60, from Sims Asylum.

Keep in mind this is for the big aquariums, like the one that was introduced in High End Loft Stuff.

Thank you! That's really gonna cut down on the aquariums over running my sims house. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LyubaMarchenko32LyubaMarchenko32 Posts: 105
    edited March 2014

Can I get big aquarium in Sims 3 Pets? I couldn't find one. Sergei and Mykola have 2 fishbowls in their room.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited March 2014
    Can I get big aquarium in Sims 3 Pets? I couldn't find one. Sergei and Mykola have 2 fishbowls in their room.
    Hi, Lyuba! Big aquarium is part of another expansion pack (I don't remember if is it Late Night or Ambitions :oops: ).
    I've seen, you have only Base game and Pets registered ... there isn't this acquarium included.
    Mykhailo - the gardener can feed with one death fish Onnis plant (if he has completed all opportunities from restaurant) and Onnis plant will grow 2-3 death fish at each harvest.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The aquarium that comes with Late Night only stocks Digital fish (so your Sims can have the looks without the responsibilities)

The Sims 3 Store has several large aquariums, but I just got done searching in my game and couldn't find any from any other expansion or stuff pack besides High End Loft Stuff. I sort my catalogue by function, so they're under Entertainment (the football); then Skills and Hobbies (the telescope). The Sims 3 Store aquariums seem to be clones of the one from HELS, so the mod affects them, too.

Omni Plants are indeed another way to multiply hard to find things. These special plants can be fed most portable items; including recipes.

So as you can see, lots of ways to keep stocked up on things.