Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! My teen Sim never goes to school!

First it was because it had just been his birthday, then it was because there were LOADS of 'snow days,' then were were those little public holiday things, like seasonal holidays, so he's only been to high school twice. He's got a C grade because of this. He's very intelligent and I was hoping that he could go to university, but I doubt he'd be able to when he's barely been to high school. All of my Sim teenagers have done well in school, but all of them have actually WENT to school.

To combat this problem, I tried enrolling him in boarding school. The problem is, there was another 'snow day' so he couldn't go. Now the snow's gone and it's spring, and he still isn't going. I can't re-enroll him or take him out. He's only got four days until aging into a young adult. I've heard that you can 'moveobjects on' and delete the Sim, and then they'd be back in boarding school, but as he's never been I don't know whether that would work. Also, I've accidentally deleted Sims before and it's glitched the whole family beyond repair.

What do I do? Is there any hopes of my Sim getting into university with a basic C if he has a lot of other skills? Will he even graduate? Urgent help needed!

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2014
    Carl's Guide doesn't mention any grade requirement for going to University. The Sims 3 wiki just states grades will affect scholarships. As far as I can tell there are no actual entrance requirements. Worst case scenario seems to be that you pay full price and work for every credit. I could be wrong though. Maybe they just need a HS diploma.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/universitylife/enrolling-aptitudetest.php

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_University_Life#Description

I cloned a YA with an elixir. The clone had a high school diploma in his inventory, but his grades? I have no idea. He enrolled for 2 terms and just got a Communications degree. He didn't get much for scholarship money, but the family has over $2 mil so I didn't care. He also only got 6 units worth of credit towards his degree, but I assume that was because he had very little skills and no work experience. He graduated University with an A and is now working up the Video Game Developer career track. (I've also sent a simbot to University. I'd have to check but I assume he did not even have a HS diploma.)

Before the clone's 2nd term I had him take the aptitude test again and he got more credits towards other majors, but not Communications. I think that was because I didn't work on any of those skills between terms.

Anyways, when I have a difficult winter and lots of heavy snow interfering with school I just go into game options and turn off snow. That way the snow won't be heavy the next day and the kids can usually go to school. I also changed the seasons to be longer so the holidays aren't so regular. Lastly, I once lengthened the life stage of childhood by 3 days because I had kids who were looking at missing all school their entire childhood due to the weather (before I thought to turn of snow) and holidays. That might have been another option.

edit: if one of the parents has enough Lifetime points there's also a weather controller station that can make it sunny. The snow will melt in 4-6 hours. I've only used it once (I prefer keeping it winter but with no snow during weekdays).

I've never sent a child or teen to boarding school. Can't help you there, sorry. If I was in your shoes, I'd save the game under a new name (Save As) and just play until he ages to a YA, take the aptitude test and see what happens. If he can't go, you have your old save under your current save name you can load up and try to fix the boarding school issue.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2014
    I played a runaway teen who never went to school at all, but she had a graduation when she aged up, and got a diploma, though she got a "fail" grade.
  • DubkipzDubkipz Posts: 424 Member
    edited March 2014
    Going or not going to highschool does not determine whether a sim can go off to university or not. If he's not going to school, just have him level up skills of your choice, which will then help score more points on the aptitude test. That way, you will have more money towards your scholarship.
    I've never had a student who never made less than an A, so I can't say if their grade in highschool determines the set price it costs to go off to University.
  • HippobabeHippobabe Posts: 46 New Member
    edited March 2014
    The same thing happened to me once - snow, snow, snow, weekend, snow, winter festival.. But my sim somehow got an A anyway despite having very few days at HS. Keep up the homework and the mood. Sometimes there is an opportunity that improves school performance, if you are lucky.
  • vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited March 2014
    On the parents phone there should be the option to remove the kids from private school. Then once they are home, send them back to private school.

I was having so many snow days that the kids went maybe 3 days total, so then I sent then off to private school.
  • mom2erichamom2ericha Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a problem with my teenager in Sims 4. He just aged up. He flatly refuses to listen to my requests to go to school. It's been two days now. What will happen if this keeps up? Will they come and take him away?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    @mom2ericha - I'm afraid this was a TS3 thread from long ago and is on the TS3 area of the forum. The two games are very different from each other. You would stand a better chance of getting good responses if you were to re-post on the TS4 side as not everyone here plays TS4. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have never sent any of my kids to school from sims 1- 3 and even the few times I played sims 4. It never effected my sims, I even sent some to university with no problems. I find it better to play with my kids then send them to school, as their who childhood and teen life is go to school, homework, eat go to bed. etc. Not fun no fun with them, I Iike them learning skills and doing things, It is more fun to me. I delete all schools in every world I play in the sims, except in sims 4, that was hard to keep them home and I had to wait for the timing to send to school and cancel it. I did not like that. I guess we all play different and that is the best part of the Sims. Have fun with your sims.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top