Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids

Hi,I got Island Paradise yesterday and I've been looking non-stop for a mermaid,but I can't seem to find one, does anyone know where do mermaids usually are, or a specif sim who's a mermaid? :?: :shock: :roll: :lol:

Comments

• tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ariel Walsh, she's a mermaid - she can be found in the Athletic career.
  • Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thx, :)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2014
    There are four mermaids when you first start up this world, and they are

250px-Salty_Seaworth.png
    Salty Seaworth

250px-Triton_King.png
    Triton King

250px-Mia_Azul.png
    Mia Azul

There is one other female mermaid, but I don't know her name.
  • emptyGforceemptyGforce Posts: 117 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I've encountered Triton King twice. He has no tail, and no scaly legs; but he swims underwater without scuba gear. You can ask him about kelp & fish parts. The same is true for Maya Ocean.
  • isabel_santos87isabel_santos87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2014
    When you first load the game there are 4 mermaids.
    Salty Seaworth, Triton King, Mia Azul and Maya Ocean.
    They are all homeless so you won't find them at any of the houses.

The game might generate more mermaids later.

For me, the only place I've been able to find mermaids was in rocky reef and both times it was Triton King.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited April 2014
    Place a Late Night Apartment in Isla Paradiso and you can call any of them down to meet your sim. All homeless sims move into the LN Apartments. Just use the phone in the lobby to invite them down.
  • emptyGforceemptyGforce Posts: 117 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Yesterday, I met Mia Azul. She had neither a tail nor scaly legs on land. So far, three of the the four homeless - so called - mermaid lacked tails or scaly land legs, that other mermaids like Karlie Goldberg and Tariq Scott do.
  • JoshM5JoshM5 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @emptyGforce said:
    > Yesterday, I met Mia Azul. She had neither a tail nor scaly legs on land. So far, three of the the four homeless - so called - mermaid lacked tails or scaly land legs, that other mermaids like Karlie Goldberg and Tariq Scott do.

Same thing is happening to me bro, both she and Triton appeared with no scaly legs nor fins
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited May 2019
    @JoshM5 Hello.

I found a couple of tips in this thread, see below. I think taking them to a mirror changing their scale colour is the least intrusive one; and that the Cure Potion followed by giving them Kelp is a reset similar to the one @Karritz is recommending using mods. Personally I would not recommend aging them down in CAS in an unmodded game; but have not played in IP myself.

Thread on AHQ, see posts #4, #24, #26
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mermaid-scales-and-tails-not-showing-up/td-p/1950671

Tutorial for NRaas MC reset by Karritz
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945000/how-to-add-scales-to-mermaids-who-are-generated-without-any

This thread will probably be closed down soon, since the forum has got rules on necroposting, but there is a help thread for new members here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest

And you can also ask on AHQ :smile:

Edit: Assuming you wanted help - but maybe you like them just the way they are :grimace:
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for hopping in with the help Aurora! I'm going to go ahead and close this off now as it's been inactive for a long time. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top