The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 not working - Windows 7 Professional

I used to have Windows 7 Home Premium and the Sims 3 worked fine. I then had to reinstall Windows (as I was having some issues with my laptop) and now have Windows 7 Professional. The Sims 3 now does not work. I load it up and anywhere from the loading screen to the first few minutes of gameplay it crashes and says 'Sims 3 is not working. Windows is checking for a solution.'
I was wondering if this was because of Windows 7 Professional as opposed to Home Premium? But I'm really not sure. Please can someone help!

(I have managed to install all my games onto another laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium and it works fine like mine did before I got Professional. However I would like the Sims on my own laptop again)!

Comments

• bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited March 2014
    Did you enable .net framework in windows programs and features?
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2014
    hey Iona98

im with b.ob confirm you have run all necessary windows updates - win 7 pro shouldnt have a problem running the game.