Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Before sims 3 stores ends - more adventure worlds?

I would adore a few more adventure world to explore before the sims 3 store closes for good. A four world pack for $50 sounds reasonable since the base architecture is already there in game if you bought WA.

Ideas:

Vacation Excursions!
Visit exotic locations(1/2/3/4). Explore tombs. learn new skills. Meet the locals. Relax back at the ocean front resort/base camp with its spa like amenities! Even stay and make a new home. New option to bribe official to increase visa status easier.

Location storyline ideas

1. Jungle adventure- photo safari(skill-quest)while you Zipline into the rain forest, collect a parrot ( pet tie in for large birds), find and explore aztec-ish temple, meet indigenous tribes (learn songs/ blow gun shooting (makes target take a nap/ take dream quest-cut scene), Learn foods. Llamas grazing-pet wild llama. wind surf.

2. Polynesian paradise - underwater diving spots, underwater photography, swim with dolphins. learn to hula, craft flower/shell necklace , Explore caves (tombs), Sample lovely lava flow(tie into science career). glass bottom boat rides (photography quest) Learn foods.

3. Burning Sands (Petra- vally of the cresent moon)Rolling sands, Bedouin tent city style around a well, Resort Town around oasis. explore Petra and other sand filled ruins. camel ride & race. learn foods, belly dancing,and storytelling. Get henna-ed. Small Dirigible ride over the sands (photography quest) maybe even find a small blue tailed friend.

4. Mysterious orient Learn tea ceremony, enjoy natural hot springs, learn tai chi, and exotic foods. Wear furisode/ao dai/hanbok/hanfu (better kimonos please). Explore Hidden temples. attend festival/ street fair (fireworks, taiko drums) taiyaki, dango stalls. During exploration Find mysterious egg (turns into dragonet). Ride richshas. Stroll through cherry blossom lanes. Hike through bamboo forest (photography quest). High arch bridges (3/5/7/9 sq sizes).

5. Swiss alps
Learn from the best chocolatiers to make delectable chocolates even judge them in a city wide contest! Use the lift to ski back down the mountain (ski's are actually a transportation item the ski track is randomized roads, similar to the tractor) explore frozen caves or marvel at the tulip farms (flower arrangement station maybe?) must have lederhosen! cozy up at night in the wonderful ice palace under a warm fo-fur rug.

6. African safari
pretty self explanatory think Allen Quartermane , visit the brave masai people and the bush men, avoid the snakes and hippos!

7. Vibrant Bollywood India
markets and mystery! temples and monkeys quest to find the sacred white cow? wear saris!

Comments

• TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love your swiss Alps suggestion and the Safari :) But we most likely won't get these since Sims 4 will release in the near-mid future. But these would be great suggestions if they do another adventure expansion

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited March 2014
    I for one would be very interested in a pack such as this. I love world adventures and any additions to the places that you can visit is a bonus in my eyes.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited March 2014
    The problem is there will be no new EPs, there is no staff to create them. What staff hasn't been laid off, is over working on TS4. There is some still in the Store unit, but adventure worlds are beyond their abilities to code for. We may get another world, though. But they are barely creating anything new anymore.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love all these ideas. :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2014
    Love all these ideas. Don't forget about a Latin or South American flavored world! With ruins such as the Machu Picchu or Chichen Itza
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • klsypam28klsypam28 Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2014
    This would be awesome, I have been wanting new adventure worlds since this pack came out, but I don't think we're going to get them now that TS4 is coming out. WA has always been one of my favorite packs!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm actually building a Swiss alp world myself, and it will have a base camp so that you can travel there if you have the Traveler mod. It'll be a while before it comes out though.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree with those who think it's probably too much to hope that we might get such a thing at this stage of the game. Which is really too bad because I would LOVE it! :( I guess I can just hope that they will do these kinds of things in TS4 and do a better job than they did with WA. I LOVE WA but unfortunately once you play it through once there's really not much reason to do it again. And I felt it was a huge mistake to make all 3 locations primarily about tomb exploration. Each location SHOULD have a different focus. Tomb exploration makes perfect sense for Egypt but if they do an African adventure world I would hope that instead of exploring yet more tombs your Sims go on photo safari and have certain pics they need to take and also maybe they have to do things to help various wild animals. In the India adventure world they may need to go around finding and/or reclaiming various objects that have been stolen in order to restore a fabulous temple.

Anyway, you get the picture. I hope EA does too!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    Mylita wrote:
    The problem is there will be no new EPs, there is no staff to create them. What staff hasn't been laid off, is over working on TS4. There is some still in the Store unit, but adventure worlds are beyond their abilities to code for. We may get another world, though. But they are barely creating anything new anymore.

Mylita
    At this point, I have to agree with Mylita on this one. Which is most likely why we have been seeing a ton of re-designed stuff coming from the store lately. Those whom are still there at the studio in Salt Lake City are likely the team leaders and bosses. Since they would be the last to go, unless they leave on their own accord. :D
    edited March 2014
    I would love for this to happen and have been wanting it since WA first came out... however, if I were the head of the sims division, I would NEVER allow this to happen. A lot of the world revenue comes from people who only have the base game or simply do not have World Adventures. Those people cannot buy the world. Then there are the people who didn't like World Adventures and won't buy it because of that. If you were to do this, only a small fraction of consumers would buy it.
    edited March 2014
    Mylita wrote:

Mylita

Beyond their abilities? There are custom world creators who can code a world to be a vacation hotspot reminiscent of France, Egypt, and China. It's not THAT hard. It's just not their department. Different people worked on the EP worlds than who worked on the store worlds.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks niac1234, it would have been more accurate of me to say not in the store unit's job description. I have no idea what skills they may have programming wise. That is what I meant though.

I think the staff whose job is developing and programming EP type worlds has all gone off to TS4. So, I wouldn't expect any new WA worlds. Not to mention that most EP specific items like the WA worlds are not created individually later and sold through the Store. WA worlds are so much more involved, or at least that is how they look to me, than the usual store world.

Anyhoo, while I'd love to see more worlds, I'm not holding out much hope.

Mylita

Plus, anyone not owning WA might not be able to use the new WA world, thus limiting the market and not making all that much money for EA which would take away from any motive to do this.
    No friends requests, please.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited March 2014
    Unfortunately, as others have pointed out...... new worlds tied to an EP are no going to be offered by the store.
    You'd probably have more luck finding player made lots/worlds that have cultural variety & tombs adventures.
    If you have NRaas Traveler mod, there are already Simmer made worlds for WA destinations.
    Creating, setting up & testing tombs is a labor intensive process.
    There's a few good tombs available on the exchange.
    I even have a couple small tombs in my studio; the Odd Curiosity Shop & Sisters of Limited Patience.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2014
    As others have pointed out, the store team seems to be releasing one set a month and have said nothing to indicate there will be another world. If they do, it will only be one more and it will be a standard world again with nothing but a few new items, and only base game functionality. Nothing Island Paradise friendly with even a single over the water lot for us to make into a dock ourselves, and not really enough empty space to fit a lot or two from each expansion.

When Barnacle Bay was originally released and it had the phrase 'complete adventure' in the name, and the way the description was worded and some of the lots appeared to be unfinished tombs, I assumed it was going to be a place to go on vacation. I was really disappointed that it only functioned as a homeworld, so I gave up on the idea of any store worlds being vacation spots. They've since added in the option to move between worlds without losing any of your save, so I've used that as a way to go on vacation. (You can add a base camp or resort to worlds, and remove some of the rabitholes to effectively take away the homeworld functions. Some worlds like Hidden Springs (in winter) and Sunlit Tides (for summer) just feel like vacation spots to me, not places to live year round.)

Perhaps you should pitch your ideas in the create a world forum instead, not everyone is going to stop playing 3 when 4 is released. With the SuperCAW patch you can designate your world as anything, (I am working on a smaller university world for my own game, but it can also be anything else, future world, city, vacation world.) Or if it's something you'd really like, it's never to late to try your hand it world building. There's a bit to learn at first, but there is a wealth of tutorials and answered questions around, and after you get the hang out it it's mostly a matter of finding enough free time to work on your world(s).